• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

During what Generation did you start playing/liking Pokemon

During what Generation did you start playing/liking Pokemon

• Generation I (Red, Blue, and Yellow era)

Votes: 105 70.9%
  • Generation II (Gold, Silver, and Crystal era)

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • Generation III (Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald era)

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Generation IV (Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum era)

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Generation V (Black and White era)(I won't play/like Pokemon until B&W are out)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I don't like/watch Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2020
    First Gen! I started off with Pokemon Yellow, then got Blue a couple of months after that, and kept up with the anime down to the episode for the first few seasons. I remember my first TCG card was Electric Energy when some random kid from my school was giving them away ^^

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    I'm playing since the first gen!^^ My first edition was Blue. My cousin gave it to me when I was little cuz he saw how I enjoyed watching him!^^ Although I sucked, boy, that was epic!^^ And now, I'm playing a lot with my HeartGold!^^ I'm pretty sure I'll complete the dex this time (*cough* *cough* 361 pokemon caught *cough* *cough*^^)

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I started liking Pokémon since Gen. I, within the first episodes I quickly started to like the show. It was pretty original at the time. Gen. II was when I first started playing Pokémon with Gold, Silver and finally Crystal.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I was introduced to Pokemon during the first generation, when my brother was an avid fan and enjoyed watching the anime and collecting cards and playing the games...

I was a little younger then, but I really got into the Pokemon gaming and learning to play myself in the third generation.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    First generation, my first game being Yellow. Went on to playing the second generation and then I completely skipped over the third gen. Finally coming back for the fourth gen. Patiently waiting to play the fifth generation now. :P

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Me? 3rd gen. The first time I played is actually 2nd gen, But I played it together with my big Brother so that doesn't count on me. When RSE out, I played it all by myself and have been such a strong Trainer. Now its time for BW and 3rd Gen remakes!

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Sign me up for the RBY era. My first ever game was Pokémon Blue, and then on the Easter afterwards my Uncle sent me a Pokémon Yellow from America. 1998/1999 were the best years ever. =]

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Gen I. Red and Blue. 1999, 5 years old, we bought Red on the way to Florida and then soon after Blue and Yellow. Yellow was my favorite :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2011
    I started watching the Pokemon anime during the Kanto saga, but didn't get to start playing it until the Johto saga.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I was a Gen II era. lol.
    Pokemon Gold was my first Pokemon game. Loved G/S/C so much that I bought all of the other ones ever since.

Back