• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 '09 - Electronic Entertainment Expo 2009

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
Years
  • Well, Fox, Sony introduced a new motion cotrol, which is pretty much a mix of EyeToy and the Wii Remote. Sony basicly kicked a bunch of dust in Nintendo's face, IMO. (I haven't actually seen the Nintendo presentation yet.) Team ICO is making a game where you play as a little boy who plays with a giant, animal who looks like a dronkey from Shrek. A new game called modnation racers was demonstrated, which is like a fully customizable, Mario Kart that actually requires come skill. There was also a short preview for FF14, and other stuff that I can't remember.

EDIT: The new Mario for Wii looks doesn't look all that great. The graphics look like they were ripped from the DS, then smoothed; the propeller suit is pretty uncreative; and well, I HATE TOADS. I'll probably buy it anyway, though.​

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Okay, now that Xbox 360 and PS3 have motion controls, what does the Wii have left? 0.o

The gimmick of the console? I think everyone always knew the 360 and PS3 would get motion controllers. It will all come down to how well they work within the games.

Wii still has its family appeal. It is great for partys and things.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • The gimmick of the console? I think everyone always knew the 360 and PS3 would get motion controllers. It will all come down to how well they work within the games.

Wii still has its family appeal. It is great for partys and things.
    True. Microsoft and Sony are really trying to copy that aspect, which I think the Wii does well.
    I still like Nintendo alot, because of how much fun I have with DS games.

What I really want for the Wii or even the DS is a new TWEWY. Plus I'm really looking forward to NMH2 and Red Steel 2.

EDIT:WHOA! C.O.P: The Recruit looks really good.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Enjoy your lack of PSP unlockable content :)
    No problem. You enjoy thinking your PSP is actually useful. :)

Are you *blind*?
    I must be, since I didn't see any interesting looking game play or new concepts. Just a kid and some fugly monster dicking around.

It's arrogant people like you that make me dislike the gaming fanbase. Grow up and learn to accept that not everyone likes everything you do, would you?

Years
  • I must be, since I didn't see any interesting looking game play or new concepts. Just a kid and some fugly monster dicking around.

It's arrogant people like you that make me dislike the gaming fanbase. Grow up and learn to accept that not everyone likes everything you do, would you?
    Over kill O_O

I liked it, the look and feel was nice.
    However, like I said to the mass MSN PC group we have going on, I was not sure what the storyline was behind it :/

Will have to keep an eye on it...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • *Feels left out of the group* xD

Anyway For me to actually buy the game it will have to have a good storyline, and so far from that trailer it showed nothing of an actually story. Just the relationship between the two. (As far as I can remember anyway)

Years
  • Well, it isn't that big! XD
    Like, 5 members! Hahahaha.

Well, I shall be watching all of the games being played now :D

:::EDIT:::

YEY! 900 post count! XD

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I missed it. OMG I can't believe I missed it.

Someone please tell me about FF14. I am dying here.

and Kingdom hearts on wii...

It wasn't FF 14, it was FF Christal Chronicals: Crystal Bearers. It actually looked fun. And the KH game is for DS.

I almost had a heart attack when Regie brought up dead RPG I was like "ZOMG EARTHBOUND". But I'm perfectly happy with Golden Sun DS. Much more impressive than last years E3 for Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010

I must be, since I didn't see any interesting looking game play or new concepts. Just a kid and some fugly monster dicking around.

Lol serious business much? Get over it. Get a life outside vidya games.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It is now that MGS was confirmed for it, I was actually gonna sell mine but now I'm gonna keep it. PSPgo looks awful though.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • I never really liked the PSP, and the PSP Go's button scheme doesn't seem to make sense to me. MGS: Peacemaker DOES look cool, but I still want a new PS3 MGS.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot that Rising is multiplat. Nevermind. :D

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
  • This year, compared to Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo failed BIGTIME!
    I mean come on! Just an extension to the Wii-mote so you actually have to swing your remote instead of flicking it? Even Sony did better than that. But the one I'm truly amazed about is Project Natal (about controllers then. I'm still sticking with Sony). It's just like you see in science fiction movies, but the difference is that it's there! It's available right now! I sincerely thought we weren't ready for this now, but clearly I was wrong.
    Now about games Sony clearly beats them all. Halo 3 ODST is not very refreshing and neither is Super Mario Galaxy 2 or New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Just the same concept stuck in a new jacket. Wii Sports Resort = EPIC FAIL!!! Now Playstation: Modnation Racing = original, quick, easy and fun to play! Good job, Sony! God of War III: Great concept, great graphics, one word: great! Uncharted 2: Nice concept, good gameplay, liked it:D I'm not a fanboy or something, I'm just sharing my opinion with you :D

It wasn't FF 14, it was FF Christal Chronicals: Crystal Bearers. It actually looked fun.

No, FF 14 is there for ps3. And it's online :D

Last edited:

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • This year, compared to Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo failed BIGTIME!
    I mean come on! Just an extension to the Wii-mote so you actually have to swing your remote instead of flicking it? Even Sony did better than that. But the one I'm truly amazed about is Project Natal (about controllers then. I'm still sticking with Sony). It's just like you see in science fiction movies, but the difference is that it's there! It's available right now! I sincerely thought we weren't ready for this now, but clearly I was wrong.
    Now about games Sony clearly beats them all. Halo 3 ODST is not very refreshing and neither is Super Mario Galaxy 2 or New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Just the same concept stuck in a new jacket. Wii Sports Resort = EPIC FAIL!!! Now Playstation: Modnation Racing = original, quick, easy and fun to play! Good job, Sony! God of War III: Great concept, great graphics, one word: great! Uncharted 2: Nice concept, good gameplay, liked it:D I'm not a fanboy or something, I'm just sharing my opinion with you :D

No, FF 14 is there for ps3. And it's online :D
    At least Metroid Prime: Other M was there. It looked BAD. ASS.
    But the graphics don't seem close to the Wii's limitations at all.:\

Back