• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 '09 - Electronic Entertainment Expo 2009

Years
    This year, compared to Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo failed BIGTIME!
    I mean come on! Just an extension to the Wii-mote so you actually have to swing your remote instead of flicking it? Even Sony did better than that. But the one I'm truly amazed about is Project Natal (about controllers then. I'm still sticking with Sony). It's just like you see in science fiction movies, but the difference is that it's there! It's available right now! I sincerely thought we weren't ready for this now, but clearly I was wrong.
    Now about games Sony clearly beats them all. Halo 3 ODST is not very refreshing and neither is Super Mario Galaxy 2 or New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Just the same concept stuck in a new jacket. Wii Sports Resort = EPIC FAIL!!! Now Playstation: Modnation Racing = original, quick, easy and fun to play! Good job, Sony! God of War III: Great concept, great graphics, one word: great! Uncharted 2: Nice concept, good gameplay, liked it:D I'm not a fanboy or something, I'm just sharing my opinion with you :D

No, FF 14 is there for ps3. And it's online :D

Not necessarily true. I mean a lot of people are excited over various games that Nintendo has announced. For me it's Golden Sun DS. <3

:D :D :D

Years
    Thinking I might get a PS3 now, already been considering getting one for a while.

Last Guardian, Gran Turismo 5 and God of War 3 all looked great. But Microsoft Conference had Halo 3 ODST, Left 4 Dead 2, Crackdown 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Forza 3 etc. Only Nintendo offering I liked the look of was Metroid Other M lol.

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    I didn't see E3 but Project Natal (for the 360) is what interested me the most. Using your whole body instead of just moving your arms and legs (with the Wii), it's remarkable of what I've seen so far!

Last edited:

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    I didn't see that, I didn't think they would announce the next FF when FF 13 isn't even out yet. or is it? I'm so lost now
    Yeah, they started to talk about a FF PS3 exclusive taht follows FF13, and I thought they were talking about FF13 versus.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I was so excited when I saw the FFXIV logo. Then, when I saw "Online", I all that excitement dropped to zero.

No offense to any fans of XI, but I just don't like MMO's.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Metroid: Other M looks really awesome. I've gotta get it. The Metroid's universe is getting a lot more much needed back story. I'm excited that Adam is going to be in it. I'm also wondering who's the other person in that said "Remember me?"
    I am soo looking forward to it too. The suit gave away that character though. It's Sylux. Sylux is a burly black guy! That is so win. And yes, finally Adam appears. I like Samus with the short hair at age 18 (since shes wearing a GF uniform and any one who read the manga knows that was when she was a member). But who's the mysterious scientist. She looks a lot liek Samus (ZOMG, Virgina's still alive). This game's gameplay needs better graphics though. The cutscenes are incredible looking but the actualy gameplay better get some needed boost in the next 2 years. OTherwise, this is the game I am looking forward to most.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    360 Thoughts: Boring, I hate 360. Nothing original or fun stood out for me other than the multi-platform Modern Warfare 2. The motion camera I need to look more at. Edit: It's like EyeToy Mark 2 or something, yet I hate 360, but I can admit the voice and face recognition was neat. Too much focus on titles that were multi platform too. And the camera add for the skateboard totally made Tony Hawk's new controller look garbage, they really shouldn't have used a skateboard as an example as it made Tony look stupid.

Wii Thoughts: The Wii Motion Plus is nice, only to be overshadowed by the PS3's new (and still more accurate than the Motion Plus) motion controller. SMB Wii looks nice, as does that Mario & Luigi DS game. SMG2 isn't original, yet I enjoyed the original, so plan on getting that too. Metroid looks good, but not my kind of game.

PS3 Thoughts: Nice conference, yet the PSP is still a total wate of money. At least there's some emphasis on it for once though. God of War and The Last Guardian look good, yet not my kind of games. Modnation Racers looks fun. FF13's trailer solidified me buying it. Uncharted 2 looks incredible, the stand-out game of E3 by far.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    I was so excited when I saw the FFXIV logo. Then, when I saw "Online", I all that excitement dropped to zero.

Exactly my feelings! I even wrote a couple posts on PC about it before I finished the trailer. :\

Shem

Bored...
    Years

I like MMOs but I don't understand why they would title them to make them apart of the main-stream FF series.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I like MMOs but I don't understand why they would title them to make them apart of the main-stream FF series.
    Its a bad choice. As I said in the FF FanClub, they should have just called it Final Fantasy Online and this Final Fantasy Online 2 or 2.0. There is no reason whats so ever for the games to be XI & XIV other than adding more numbers to the mainstream. XI doesn't even have a completable story, although it does have a background story, but its not important and most people don't play it for the story. I'm pretty sure XIV will be the same.

I'm excited for NSMBWii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, & Golden Sun DS the most for this year's new announced games. I'm still more pumped for FFXIII though.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is looking great. :D Glad they showed off some of the game, especially a nice, different setting than the previous game. Crackdown 2 looks interesting, hopefully it's got a better story this time around, even though what I'm getting from the trailer is zombies/infected people. Speaking of zombies, Left 4 Dead 2 looks pretty cool, except for the fact that it's the same game I've already got, but now it's day time and there's different characters.

Splinter Cell: Conviction looks pretty cool. Kinda wish they'd just go back to the straight-up stealth only, that's what always made the series for me, but this looks cool too. Halo 3 ODST, looks like a nice add-on for the series. Xbox Twit60 and Facebox seem kinda cool. An innovative and nice way to update your status and friends on what you're doing. Metal Gear Solid: Rising, pretty cool. I'll be sure to keep checking back for that one. Natal, I'm skeptical about its true ability to work, but I guess I'll see as it goes along. Looks very impressive though.

PC crapped out around here when I was writing this and I lost some stuff about Old Republic, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and I think Mass Effect 2. All three look great though. I know I said that. XD;

Fallout 3: Point Lookout looks like a cool new episode for the series. Looks even better due to new characters, creatures and scenery. :D Assassin's Creed 2 looks superb. I expect that'll top most of the other games that are coming out if they fixed some of the minor issues with the first.

Heavy Rain looks stunningly good. Too bad I don't have a PS3. ;; Red Steel 2...kinda confused why they called it Red Steel when your guy was a Yakuza the first time around, now he's a cowboy...XD; Shoulda just titled it something different.

And that's kinda all I've had time to watch these past couple days. I have finals on Friday, so I've been trying to study. XD; But overall, I'd say a really good list of games coming up for us out there.

OniXCul

Organization Member #17
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    FFXIII and L4DII has me psyched. Halo:ODST is awesome. The Trailer and the Gameplay looks the same but I love the concept of being an ODST.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    This year's E3 was awesome. Microsoft with Project Natal? That's amazing! Who would have thought video games would have come so far? I definitely want to try that out! Milo was... weird, but still kinda cool, if not creepy. My sister and I want Alan Wake after seeing it. I'm also glad they didn't spend all their time talking about their sales and whatever.

With Nintendo, we got huge titles revealed like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Metroid: Other M, and... Super Mario Galaxy 2?! Definitely didn't see that coming! Makes me even more excited. I also can't forget Wii Motion Plus and Wii Sports Resort! Red Steel 2 might be fun even though I haven't played the first one. I hope they announce a Mario Party 9(maybe online, you know?) and a Wii Kirby soon.

Sony also had some excellent stuff. The PSP Go was officially announced. The guy was pretty funny joking with the leak about it. Ratchet and Clank: Future 2 looks promising as well. That ModNation Racers game also looks cool and the level creator looks like a blast. Unfortunately, I can't remember most of their other stuff... It was so much.

Everybody did a great job. What's funny to me though are all of the people who won't be quiet and just enjoy it, instead of shooting down other companies because they're biased or something. (Not here though! I'm talking about other places.)

I hope next year's E3 is just as good, if not, even better than this year's.

Last edited:
    Years
    I have been thinking about E3. Not about the games or the companies, but the fans.
    Did anyone think the atmosphere was a bit dead?
    Yah, there were a few "Oooo's" and "Wow's" but, nothing really amazing.

Saying that, if I was actually there, I would be spazzing out and be like:
    "OMGI'MHEREAMAZINGWOWWHEREISMAHCONSOLES?!"
    XD

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    I have been thinking about E3. Not about the games or the companies, but the fans.
    Did anyone think the atmosphere was a bit dead?
    Yah, there were a few "Oooo's" and "Wow's" but, nothing really amazing.

Saying that, if I was actually there, I would be spazzing out and be like:
    "OMGI'MHEREAMAZINGWOWWHEREISMAHCONSOLES?!"
    XD

I noticed the silent crowd the most with Nintendo. XD If I was there I'd probably be shouting so loud after every game they showed. XD

Back