• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 2010 - Discussion

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Has anyone else seen the images for Ocarina of Time for the 3DS? I'm speechless! Ocarina of Time was one of my favorite childhood games, so many memories with it ^_^ But why didn't Nintendo announce it during their conference!? I mean, people would of freaked out! This is awesome! ;D

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Doesn't really matter, it just proved again how innacurate the wiimote is. Seeing as Sony Move worked 100% 1:1 consistently and it's still not finished I'm gonna have to say sorry, but Sony's $50 add on has crushed Nintendos $200 console.

And it's a $50 add on to a 300 dollar system. :V Something tells me you don't own a Wii.

Here's a quote from Sony's conference: "It's about the games." A piece of hardware cannot crush anything.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    And it's a $50 add on to a 300 dollar system. :V Something tells me you don't own a Wii.

Here's a quote from Sony's conference: "It's about the games." A piece of hardware cannot crush anything.

I own a Wii, I've maybe got 2 days good gaming out of it, compared to months of playtime clocked on my PS3. Nothing on the Wii is outstanding really. And like you said "it's about the games" and when I'm (and I am sure you are too) hard pressed to name 10 good wii games that aren't remakes/rehashes/rerelease/ports then i think thta sums it up.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Doesn't really matter, it just proved again how innacurate the wiimote is. Seeing as Sony Move worked 100% 1:1 consistantly and it's still not finished I'm gonna have to say sorry, but Sony's $50 add on has crushed Nintendos $200 console.

It was because of interference in the room, wasn't it? But that won't matter to you, of course, because you're a Playstation fan.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I own a Wii, I've maybe got 2 days good gaming out of it, compared to months of playtime clocked on my PS3. Nothing on the Wii is outstanding really. And like you said "it's about the games" and when I'm (and I am sure you are too) hard pressed to name 10 good wii games that aren't remakes/rehashes/rerelease/ports then i think thta sums it up.

Outstanding is opinion, and why are remakes invalid? Are they less of a game than new titles? Especially if the originals came out like ten years ago or something.

Anyways, I'm done with that convo'.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    It was because of interference in the room, wasn't it? But that won't matter to you, of course, because you're a Playstation fan.

He also owns a Wii, as do I. Wii has its good games, but when coupled with the Eye Camera (which I already have) it is more accurate and versatile. I don't know how a person could say otherwise based on the actual demonstrations.

Nintendo has its good games, but I've found much more fun on the Playstation myself.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I peed my pants watching the Nintendo conference. It was the best. Whatever anyone says.

3DS actually looks amazing, And I thought it would be terrible.

AND KID ICARUS. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. IM SO HAPPY!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.

Years
    Stop trollin' Jolene.

I am sorry, but you have to admit, the PS3 move controller is a lot more accurate than the Wiimote. Even when they were demoing the Zelda game, it was unresponsive at times then didn't work at all, that is just embarrassing.

Summing up E3 so far.
    ~Microsoft were just awful and the Kinect is fail.
    ~Nintendo were very good and I am impressed with some of the games.
    ~Sony stole the show for me (Surprise surprise =P) Just so many games that I want to play.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    My personal grades for the 5 conferences:

Place 1: Nintendo - A
    - They actually had a very good showing, first for a while now. Lots of promising games, which I'll only probably buy a few, among many of their beloved franchises. The 3DS was okay, but with Paper Mario on it I now have to get it. They didn't really show much of it in action besides commercials type presentations.

Place 2: Sony - B+
    - Lagged at times, but they did a very good job at selling me on Move. I was considering skipping it altogether. They also had a solid lineup of games, as well as some great announcements with the exclusive content and versions (DLC and Move versions of games). I'm not sure about the 3D yet. I'd need to get a 3D HDTV first, which I doubt I will.

Place 3: EA - C+
    - Some interesting games and presentations, but ended up being more same old type of stuff.

Place 4: Microsoft - D-
    - Really, what were they trying to do? Horrible handling of selling Kinect to the public. They showed a few games, then went on to... I don't even know what to call it, with the Kinect. Their version of the Wii, with the ditching of hardcore gamers and such on release. The new Xbox was... underwhelming, as it doesn't add a whole lot, and still hasn't caught up to the PS3 technologically.

Place 5: Ubisoft - F
    - Yeah, they had Assassin's Creed and Ghost Recon, but do they really deserve their own conference?

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Thank you Jeremy and I have to agree. I'm not going to say "oh the xbox sucks, oh the ps3 sucks," Nintedo had a bucket load of games that had my heart crying with joy. Can't say that about Microsoft on the other hand with there failure. I've yet to watch Sony but I'm sure they topped Microsoft by a mile. Sony and Nintendo will always be my favorite top companies (Sega and Ubisoft for minor, Sega just needs to stop screwing up Sonic). The 360's library is just mostly shooters, which is great, but it gets repeatative and boring to me :/.

Go ahead and say the wii isn't hardcore enough, xbox is the shiz. I really don't care as I play any game I like instead of those who derail Nintendo for having childish and casual games. I will gladly take a wii or ps3 over a xbox anyday.

In other news, I'm excited for plenty of Nintendo and Sony's games, as well as Assassians Creed, Rayman Origins, Sonic 4, Sonic Colors, and a few xbox titles that I may never play. Nintendo has owned this years E3 hands down IMO. So many great games to choose from.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I definitely agree with Jeremy, though Playstation did widen my eyes a bit from time to time. Haha, I don't regret watching a recorded coverage of it.

Unlike the Microsoft conference...

New Zelda title didn't entice me too much, but I am looking forward to the new Donkey Kong Country. XD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

Whereas you're a Nintendo fan. I'm not seeing your point here. I've not complained about Microsoft's show at all and I don't really like the 360, the difference is Microsoft's show went smoothly and their new tech worked.

Outstanding is opinion, and why are remakes invalid? Are they less of a game than new titles? Especially if the originals came out like ten years ago or something.

Anyways, I'm done with that convo'.

It's not any less of a game, but it isn't new content. I wouldn't use a remake game on PS3 as an argument for this gen. Not that Wii has many remakes though, just lots and lots of re-releases.

But here's a cool idea kids, go play a PS3 a bit, give Move a chance and stop frothing at the mouth everytime someone highlights another of Nintendo's lazy mistakes.

Moving on; gotta say the 3DS caught my eye, albeit most of the annouced games are remakes but it'll be a whole new way to enjoy them. + Snake Eater, which was hands down the best PS2 game in my eyes.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I'd have to say Nintendo was my favorite so far.
    As I said, didn't care for the new Zelda's style, but it still seems fun. Kid Icarus: Uprising has me the most excited, followed by Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid: Other M as well as the various remakes (Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64), Paper Mario, Metal Gear, and Kingdom Hearts.
    As for PlayStation, despite the PS3 being tied with the Wii for my favorite system, nothing they showed really got me pumped, mostly because I'm not a fan of many series on the system and I couldn't care less about Motion Gaming until there is a title I want to play with it.

I'm hoping to see something from Capcom in regards to Marvel vs Capcom 3 or MegaMan Universe, since all I know is that they registered a patent for it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I missed the Sony conference. Was there anything significant announced? I'm in the market for a PS3, since I'm getting pretty tired of my 360; but I don't see anything out now that really makes me want to go out and get one.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Kirby, StarFox, Mario, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun, Metal Gear Solid...

And the highly-anticipated revelation of the Nintendo 3DS?! I think I'm going to cry... So many awesome games coming out! I've already been pumped for Pokemon Black and White Versions, but there are so many others that I'm interested it. I saw snapshots for a few of them, and just viewed the Kid Icarus: Uprising trailer (without sound, though :(). The game looks awesome. I've never played the Kid Icarus series before, but this new installment looks enthralling! :D Go Nintendo!

I'll have to catch up on the other companies, later though. And I love the red-and-black Nintendo 3DS design. That thing is pure win. :D I just wish there was GBA compatibility... I'm stuck in Gen III, so I really don't want to have to buy a DS Lite and a 3DS just to get Gen III Pokemon to the Black and White Versions of Gen V...

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I missed the Sony conference. Was there anything significant announced? I'm in the market for a PS3, since I'm getting pretty tired of my 360; but I don't see anything out now that really makes me want to go out a get one.

- A number of third party games are getting exclusive content
    - A few third party games, like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, showed content not seen before.
    - Gran Turismo 5 got a release date, one that's soon
    - Valve's Steam is coming to the PS3
    - Portal 2 will have its "best" version on the PS3
    - Details on PS Move, as well as game functionality with it.
    - Details with the 3D element being added to games.
    - A new Twisted Metal was announced.
    - Details on a few already known of games, like LittleBigPlanet 2
    - Trailers for some games, like inFamous 2.
    - A few game demonstrations, most having to do with how PS Move will be used.
    - And a few more things I'm forgetting

Back