• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen E3 Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    "Skrelp is a Poison- and Water-type Pokémon. Clauncher is a Water-type Pokémon."

What kinda name is Skrelp?! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    "The games feature multiple camera angles and viewpoints, even split screen." - Pokébeach

blue

gucci
    Years
  • "Apparently you may be able to trade directly from your PC, without the Pokémon in your party."

Also, other Pokemon are ridable as Rhyhorn was seen being riden.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Ikr, how do you even pronounce that? Shkeralp? or something like that?
    I would assume it rhymes with "kelp."
    "Apparently you may be able to trade directly from your PC, without the Pokémon in your party."

Also, other Pokemon are ridable as Rhyhorn was seen being riden.

I don't understand this? Wasn't that feature (trading from PC) in gen 5?
    But other rideable Pokémon is great!

"Another new Pokémon, Noivern, is being used to demo the awesome 3D modeling process used for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y."
    Oh my GOSH I would LOVE to see their modeling process!! So jelly! *-*

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    Another new Pokémon, Noivern, is being used to demo the awesome 3D modeling process used for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y

I would love to see some pictures at E3

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    E3 Discussion Thread!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Here are the tweets that went up. I'll keep editing this if anything else appears this evening (videos, etc.). Later, I hope to have a link to a recording of the event since it's not being streamed. Some tweets are combined about the same topic back-to-back, and I'll add my own thoughts periodically.

I'm also not including the #PokemonXY tag on each quote.

Tweets:

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will refine the core aspects of Pokémon games: collecting, battling, and trading.
    Mr. Junichi Masuda, Director at GAME FREAK inc., is on stage now!
    Mr. Masuda is discussing the challenges of a global video game release.
    There are over 800,000 Japanese characters in the game, which translates to 1.4 million words in English!
    Players will be able to choose 1 of 7 languages to play the game (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean)
    The new PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade.
    Skrelp is a Poison- and Water-type Pokémon. Clauncher is a Water-type Pokémon.
    Mr. Masuda is demoing a battle via the PSS. The two opposing Pokémon are new for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y!
    Another new Pokémon, Noivern, is being used to demo the awesome 3D modeling process used for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
    Mr. Masuda is discussing the various ways players can interact with Pokémon in Pokemon-Amie. Mr. Masuda just hinted that interacting with Pokémon in Pokémon-Amie will have an additional benefit in battle!
    A new battle scenario has just been announced! Get ready for Horde Encounters! 5-against-1 battles? That's gonna be tough! Mr. Masuda is showing a video of a Gogoat encountering a horde of Houndour. Horde Encounters look intense!
    Another new type of battle has been announced! Prepare for Sky Battles! Only some Flying-type Pokémon (and a few others) can enter a Sky Battle. Mr. Masuda is demoing now!
    Talonflame, a new Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon, has just been revealed in a Sky Battle demo against Noctowl!
    LIKE! WANT!

Talonflame has just been switched out for Haunter! But wait...Haunter isn't a Flying-type Pokémon...
    (I'm guessing it's getting Levitate. So Levitate Pokémon might be allowed? Or is Haunter going to gain Flying type? Would kinda nerf it...

That's it for the Nintendo Developer Roundtable! We'll be posting a recap video of the event tomorrow!

It's only 10 p.m. ET, so they chopped a half hour. Perhaps they didn't want to give away some of the other stuff yet; maybe Talonflame was an accidental show? Discuss!

Cyclone

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • "Pokemon sounds are more advanced. Some resemble growls but pikachu says pikachu"

Ooh now I wonder if other Pokémon will actually say their name, hopefully it's not JUST limited to Pikachu.

Edit: 5 Against 1 battles have been hinted at.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    5-against-1 battles confirmed

Mr. Masuda is showing a video of a Gogoat encountering a horde of Houndour. Horde Encounters look intense!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    "A new battle scenario has just been announced! Get ready for Horde Encounters!"
    "5-against-1 battles? That's gonna be tough!"

coughstill better than sky battlescough

Back