• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Easiest Gym Leader

Which Gym Leader put on the easiest challenge to you?

• Total voters

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
  • Opposite of that pool. Which is your easiest one??
    Mine is Lenora!

Well, comment here if you would.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Strange...the first time through, I got obliterated by Cilan's Lillipup, struggled with Lenora in general (Watchog was too much once I had taken down Herdier), but then found the others fairly easy - Druddigon even defeated Haxorus.

However, this second time through, perhaps due to my obsessively keeping my pokémon at respectable levels, rather than being overpowered, I struggled against Burgh (well, I say "struggled", I mean I can actually remember what pokémon he had, and Whirlipede hurt Pidove a little), kept getting obliterated by Elesa, struggled against Clay (although his Krokorok only ever KO'd my Sandile once), had to revive Emboar because nothing could take a hit from Brycen's Beartic, and actually used a whole team of 5 instead of just 3 pokémon against Drayden. Although I did obliterate Cress and Lenora, and closely defeat Skyla first time.

I would say there isn't really a hardest one, although Drayden's dragons are pretty tough, particularly if they get to use Dragon Dance. It all depends on your team, really - my first team was full of exceptional members (Rather like Man Utd. in the late 90s), such as Sawk and Victini. Whereas my current team is more of a unit, all benefitting eachother to usually leave a battle with only one of them surviving (more like current Man Utd.)

Years
  • Skyla, Brycen, and Iris. After the fourth gym the rest became easier, but I defeated all of Skyla's, Brycen's, and Iris's Pokemon in one hit each. Then again, I was overleveled.

shamshel

The Quickening
    Years
  • I found the easier gym hardest to be honest but overall I found clay the easiest after the fourth gym it seemed to be getting a lot easier

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Iris, the last Gym Leader, is by far the easiest in my opinion. Really, a Dragon trainer shouldn't be this pathetic. I went up against her with no type advantage and defeated her whole team with one Pokemon and not suffering so much as a single scratch.

Giga Flare

The Onion Knight
    Years
  • Honestly, the first gym leader(s) were the easiest. I absolutely wiped the floor with them. Then Skyla. The others posed some challenge though.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • That really depends on what Pokemon you have, and how you go about defeating them. With my Pokemon, and obtaining a Lucky Egg from Professor Juniper, which makes me really overleveled, I'd have to say Skyla or Brycen are the easiest. If you have the Pokemon, they they're just super easy to beat.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Lenora. You have no idea how easy it is to beat her with a Gigalith.
    Two Iron Defenses, and a Rock Blast or Smack Down will do the trick.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'd say that of all the gym leaders, Clay was the easiest. With my Palpitoad and Simisage, I Bulldozed him. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I dunno really, I'd like to say Brycen because I really can't remember fighting him at all, but like others have mentioned, probaby Skyla, with Clay coming in second. Mainly cause Emboar knew Scald by then <3 And as for Skyla, idk, something must've been super effective against her.

Years
  • To me, every gym was easy with the exception of the first and the second. Skyla would take the cake though. Flying gym surrounded by Electric types on both sides, it makes for an easy fight.

Back