• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Education.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
  • What grade are you in? Are you in college? Community college or University? Major? I want all the details!

I'm a senior in high school and I plan on majoring in Business Management and I already got accepted into the University of North Florida which is where Lilith goes :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm a senior in high school and i have no idea what I want to major in. Probably some sort of science next year. I took mostly AP classes this year, and I think high school is a waste of time for the time we have to go. I basically learn stuff for 2 hours then waste the next 5.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Dropped out of high school near the end of my junior year. I have the knowledge from k-11th grade, Street smarts and life experiences that most people my age have never been through and would never want to be put through nor would last. I don't plan on going to college, I may get my GED some day if I feel it has a purpose but at this time I could pass the GED in flying colors and wouldn't even be a challenge for me so for the point of just holding a piece of paper it isn't worth it for me.

I was class of 2012 btw.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Freshman in college right now. Not 100% sure what I want to major in, but I'm going to give Computer Science a shot :3

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Freshman in college and hating every minute of it
    Pretty much this. I have a general idea of what I might want to do, but as of now, I hate all my classes and sit in my dorm all day. It's not the sitting around part that sucks, but I feel like people judge me for just doing nothing when they're all out frolicking and stuff.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Why did you drop out of high school?

I had more important things to handle in life. High school was boring to me as well, I barely tried and was able to pass with B's and C's. I am not a genius but I am smart enough that when I was in high school I was on college level material. They wouldn't allow me to take a test too see my potential due to the fact that I didn't give my all because I was bored. So I wasn't a straight A's student.

Last edited:

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Guess I'm the youngest of the class :/
    Anywho, I'm in my sophomore year in High School, and, things have been going quite well. Usually I don't average to terrible in the first semester, but I actually finished the semester with Bs and above.

Years
  • I was in University for 2.5 years doing a Psychology program. Got tired of not being able to interact with the material we were learning so I switched to a Computer Systems Analyst program at a College (: Now I'm happier than ever!

Could it be your program or just the social aspect of college? From personal experience, I was extremely unhappy while spending 2.5 years of my life doing something I thought I liked, but actually would hate doing for the rest of my life. If it's the social environment you're hating, and I know this might be hard for some people, look for people who share common interests and understand who you are (:

Years
  • I'm currently a senior in college, and I'll be graduating with my B.S. in Accounting in June. I contemplated going to grad school for a while last year, but since I really have no idea what I want to do, I figured it wasn't worth piling up more debt. And I figured that if I wanted to go back, maybe an employer can pay for it in the future.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm currently a Freshman at my local community college.

I guess I'm happy where I am, but I just feel out of place. The longer I go through this, the more and more I feel like I should have waited a year and then gone to college. I'll finish it out, but I don't really know what I want to do. I'm getting an AA in creative writing and I've narrowed down my career between journalist or high school LA teacher. Despite my mixed feelings for school, I'm actually leaning towards LA teacher where I can inspire students to start writing and help them improve on an essential skill.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm in my final semester of college, well...if I get the class I need to graduate on wednesday because I've been on the waiting list since the beginning of DECEMBER. >:( A.S in Computer Information Technology is where I'm heading towards.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • I don't really know. I was completely homeschooled up to what I considered end of year 11, but I didn't get any qualifications or anything from it. Now I'm about to begin studying a diploma in music at TAFE (which is a tertiary education campus, for those of you who aren't Australian). Then next year I plan to go to uni and get a bachelor of music performance.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • itt: American education terms aaaaaa

I'm in my second year at university studying medical biochemistry. Usually I'd have been set to graduate in two years but I'm actually having to re-sit this year since I wasn't in enough for the first term and didn't attend the exams in January for reasons beyond my control. Fortunately the uni is okay with letting me re-take and they aren't gonna charge me anything extra for it, so wahey. 8) So I should be graduating three years or so from now; re-take this year, hopefully a placement year next year, and then a final study year. And loving every moment if it.

Why are you doing something you hate by choice?

Years
  • I was supposed to enter Senior High, but I'm too young, and Grade 6 students need my discipline.
    I'm hating every second of it; I'm one of those very few intelligent students that already knows the next lessons, and doesn't take classes seriously.

I study here in the Philippines by the way.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • itt: American education terms aaaaaa

I'm in my second year at university studying medical biochemistry. Usually I'd have been set to graduate in two years but I'm actually having to re-sit this year since I wasn't in enough for the first term and didn't attend the exams in January for reasons beyond my control. Fortunately the uni is okay with letting me re-take and they aren't gonna charge me anything extra for it, so wahey. 8) So I should be graduating three years or so from now; re-take this year, hopefully a placement year next year, and then a final study year. And loving every moment if it.

Why are you doing something you hate by choice?

I'm sure he's doing it because now a days, it seems like you have to go to college to be successful. It's very rare to get a GED and get a generally high paying job. Especially with the economy here in America. People with bachelor degrees are settling for whatever job they can get their hands on. It's stabilizing now, though.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm currently a freshmen in college. I go to this 2 year community college which take about an an hour and a half to get to via bus. It's a bit odd for me cause it seems like on PC a lot of freshmen in college are 18 or 19 and I'm 21, while all people my age are in their third or final year of college. I know in real life people of all ages are in college , but even there most freshmen are between 18-20. The reason decided to wait for 2 years is mainly cause , I wanted a bit time off from school before starting up again but also cause of grades. I failed a history my senior year of high school and ended up not getting a diploma and not graduating with my class. In order to make up for my grade, I needed to take a course known as a correspondence course. This course was basically me reading through a old textbook and then answering a set of questions as I went along. It had two parts and each part had a test in between. I kind of put the whole course off a few times and didn't take the test for the second part till October of 2012. I got my diploma a month later in November and decided to wait another year before applying for college. So I'm part of the class of 2011, but didn't officially get a diploma till 2012 and didn't start college till 2014. The school I go to is already. I say good if you want a quick , cheap education, but there's definitely better schools.

I haven't really decided a major yet,but art was something I always loved so I'm thinking maybe something like Graphic Arts/Communications. I'm taking mostly English and reading classes cause according to their advisers, I need a semester of reading before I take any art classes. I'll eventually figure out what my major is gonna be,just need time.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'm sure he's doing it because now a days, it seems like you have to go to college to be successful. It's very rare to get a GED and get a generally high paying job. Especially with the economy here in America. People with bachelor degrees are settling for whatever job they can get their hands on. It's stabilizing now, though.
    In other words, America is eh. :I But no, there's such a stigma regarding GED students.

Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    I'm currently going to Adult School. Not really happy about it but I'm positive in moving forward since I did not graduate High School. I should have been Class of '13. Once I do receive my HS diploma I'm most likely going to go to a community college and hopefully transfer to a 4-year University and major in Computer Science.

If that doesn't work out I'm going to join the military. Either intelligence for the Air Force or try to become an Army Ranger.

Back