• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elder Scrolls Discussion

Years
    You need one right away. So here it is.

Discuss the elder scrolls series here. Favourite game? Favourite race? Most wanted location for the next game?

I for one think Skyrim is the best of the series, and Kahjiits are by far the best race. I also want to see Elsweyr for the next game, there were barely any Kahjiits on Skyrim that were not ruthless Bandits or Thieves.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
    Skyrim is my preference.

Regarding favorite race, even though I don't have one, but if I ever had to choose one, Imperial. Don't really have a specific reason, though.

Since I've literally did (almost) everything in the game, I decided to commit crimes in all of Skyrim. I'd rather die than go to prison.

(this is inevitable for certain achievements for console games, e.g. achieving an insane amount of bounty)

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Skyrim is my favorite, closely followed by Daggerfall.

My favorite race is
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Skyrim is definitely my most played of the series. I haven't played it in a reeally long time though, because I literally can't think of anything else to do in it (7 characters, bunch of modded content added, entire map explored including Solstheim, etc.), but it had a really good run, and I cannot wait for TESVI.

I'm more fond of the human races, more specifically Imperials. Probably has to do with Imperials being the default race in Oblivion. Also Cicero is from Cyrodiil, and he's my favorite character in Skyrim.

we be like
    Spoiler:
    on my Listener character

And another vote for Elsweyr in TESVI - it sounds like it would be a nice contrast to the cold and snowy regions of Skyrim. Skyrim is beautiful in its own way, but I'm ready for some sun. :D

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    I'll go with the popular opinion and say Skyrim is my favorite. Skyrim is the only Elder Scrolls game that I have completed, but I've played some of Arena and Daggerfall, and hopefully I'll be buying Morrowind and Oblivion soon!

Favorite race is probably the Dark Elves, since I tend to play as them, but High Elves and Imperials are cool too.

As for where I want the next game to take place, hmmm... Summerset Isles, Black Marsh, and Elsweyr are all fine by me. I guess Black Marsh would be my first choice.

Years
    Skyrim is definitely my favorite. I've put sooo many hours into that game. I also have Oblivion, and while I haven't played it nearly as much, I still think it's fun.

Also, Imperials, Bretons, and High Elves are the best races ever. I tend to play Bretons/High Elves a bit more than Imperials, since I prefer magic-based characters.

My most wanted locations for the next game are the Summerset Isles and Elsweyr. I think it'd be pretty interesting.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    6 votes for Skyrim, huh?

My personal fave's Oblivion, and I'm looking to get back into Morrowind for a number of reasons. One of these days I'll go back to the first-person ones, since I have a fondness for those types of games.

I don't particularly have a favorite race, though I pick the more human ones for the sake of customization. Aesthetic is generally a big thing for me in games where there's character creation, so I generally go where there's the most choice.

Sir Codin

Skyrim's my favorite so far, but I'm thinking of giving Morrowind more of a shot.

My Nord Mage in Skyrim just got shanghaied by the Dark Brotherhood, presented me with three targets, told me to figure out which of them had a contract on them. Every one of them was a horrible person, though, so I just killed the lot of them.

Gonna give Alduin an ass-kicking before joining up with the Stormcloaks (like any true Nord would do).

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I hated Oblivion, I just hated it. But my favorite is Skyrim....for now (Argonia tho).

Favorite race would be anything that's not an elf. I honestly don't care as long as it's not an elf. I never really use the benefits anyways.

I refuse to do anything mage wise that is not white mage related. I hate magic with a burning passion, but have realized over many playthroughs that a sword in your right hand and a healing spell in your left can be really helpful, seeing as I don't use shields either.

I started a new game when I got home after thanksgiving, trying out an orc and going for 2 handed weapons. Trying to max my smithing since the best weapon I have right now is Wuuthrad and I've been using it since like level 10 and I'm now level 21. Getting ready to kill my first dragon, but not by choice....sucks you have to unlock dragons to continue with the war arc.

Sir Codin

Well, see, there's your problem there. The Stormcloaks are only slightly better than the Thalmor.
    The Stormcloaks didn't try to cut off my head for trying to cross a freaking border.

Yes, Hadvar acted all nice, but when the captain said no, he's all "lol, sorrynothingicandowe'llsendyourremainstowherever." Nice Nuremburg Defense, Hadvar.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I hated Oblivion, I just hated it. But my favorite is Skyrim....for now (Argonia tho).
    I've always wondered how that's possible, liking Skyrim- or even having it as your favorite, but hating Oblivion. In fact, it's having the two at extremes that really gets me. If, say, Daggerfall or Morrowind was your favorite, I could understand, but specifically considering Skyrim your favorite and hating Oblivion boggles my mind, for reasons I've been over in the past.

Sir Codin

Because you weren't in a group of guys that was attacking a bunch of them.
    What because I wasn't in the Imperial Legion? Even worse.

Stormcloaks never tried to kill me. That's all the reason I need.

Although, I wish they put in a third option where you go straight to attacking the Aldmeri Dominion instead because 1) they're fascist pricks and 2) they're elves.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    What because I wasn't in the Imperial Legion? Even worse.

Stormcloaks never tried to kill me. That's all the reason I need.

Although, I wish they put in a third option where you go straight to attacking the Aldmeri Dominion instead because 1) they're fascist pricks and 2) they're elves.

We don't know what the PC of Skyrim did before it happened, other than that (s)he was caught with a group of Stormcloaks that were being ambushed by Imperials. Even ignoring that it's extremely likely they helped the Stormcloaks fight the Imperials, them being with the Stormcloaks during the ambush is suspicious enough that letting them go would be stupid and dangerous.

At least your blatant elf racism explains your alignment in the war, though.

Sir Codin

We don't know what the PC of Skyrim did before it happened, other than that (s)he was caught with a group of Stormcloaks that were being ambushed by Imperials. Even ignoring that it's extremely likely they helped the Stormcloaks fight the Imperials, them being with the Stormcloaks during the ambush is suspicious enough that letting them go would be stupid and dangerous.

At least your blatant elf racism explains your alignment in the war, though.
    Except from what I remember through dialogue options, the PC had little to no idea about the details of what was going on in the civil war and none of the Stormcloaks in the beginning recognize the PC, so that flushes your "helped the Stormcloaks at the border" theory down the toilet.

Also, I've just really never liked elves, except female elves. Neither do a lot of fantasy RPG/tabletop gamers, as this article can attest:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Elf

The only exception are Drow elves, however, because even the Drow men are ten times more manly than regular elf men. Which, come to think of it, doesn't do them any good...after all, ten times zero is still zero.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I almost always choose the Stormcloaks for the sole reason of they're more of a challenge as city guards....and because I go along with the dark brotherhood so the other path never really matters anyways.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    We may not have had an Elder Scrolls thread, but we had/have a Mojang's Scrolls thread :P

Skyrim is the best one. Plus with all dem mods, especially the HD ones.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I don't know about y'all, but I find it hard to go backwards from Skyrim once you play it. I tried to play Oblivion for the first time after I played Skyrim and my god I couldn't get past the first few moments after the opening dungeon events.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    See, this is why I love the Elder Scrolls (regarding the civil war) - it really makes you think about the lore and history of Tamriel, and there's so much more to the war than "these guys tried to kill me so I'm siding against them" (I mean, it's perfectly fine if you play it that way too, I know some people that joined the Stormcloaks just because they have cooler looking armor).

But if you care, here's the long and short of why the civil war took place and what the supposed purpose behind it is:
    Spoiler:

If you look at the big picture, the war is a lot bigger than your character story-wise, and while that doesn't justify chopping off the heads of people that may be innocent, remember that you were found at the border with the man who just killed the High King, and the Empire is wound up tight enough without the Stormcloak's little rebellion as it is. So personally, I can sort of forgive them for making that mistake. It is a war, after all, and your character was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

..I know, everyone's gonna be like "just enjoy the ****ing game", but I like lore, okay :c

Back