• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elder Scrolls Discussion

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Skyrim is my favorite, simply because it was my first, and like what El Heroif Oscandfaiuwe said, it's really hard to go backwards from playing that game.

My first playthrough I played as a Wood Elf, as I'm always an archer in these sorts of games, but after starting a new profile, Argonians have to be my favorite race. I just think they look really cool, and I always find human characters boring. Why be a human when you can be something else? I'm a human every day of my life, and I want to be something different.

I can never choose a side on the war. I think each side has its merits, and I simply can't choose a cause to fight for if I don't really believe in it. That being said, I think the Stormcloaks are right for defending their history and culture, but I don't want to fight along side a bunch of people who hate me because I'm covered in scales. I've played all the way through both sides several times, and I still can't decide. I hate the Stormcloaks when I side with them, and I hate the Empire when I choose their side. I can't win.

As far as future locations go, I really want it to take place in Black Marsh. It's the Argonians' homeland, and they're my favorite race, so...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim, and I'd say that I like Skyrim a little more than Oblivion. Funnily enough I started up a new file on Skyrim the other day since I haven't played it in a year and on my original file I'm a level 64 Vampire Lord-Listener-Arch Mage-Head of the Companions-Thieves Guild Member-badass mutha****in' dragon slayer and explorer, so there's not much else to do, especially since I can't do mods on the 360 version of the game and was lucky to install Dawnguard. Well, there is the civil war thing, but both sides kinda suck, soooooooooo......

I just hope that this time that one Thieves Guild doesn't glitch so bad on me again and prevent me from doing 90% of the main Thieves Guild questline.

First time I played as an Imperial. This time is as a Nord. I suppose I like the more human races a little better.

I do like the game's lore a lot too. Sometimes I can sit there for half an hour just reading some books lying around in a dungeon, candlelight on one side, bloody bandit corpse on the other. It's kinda interesting to read, and you can tell that they put a lot of work into making and sharing the Elder Scrolls lore.

We don't know what the PC of Skyrim did before it happened, other than that (s)he was caught with a group of Stormcloaks that were being ambushed by Imperials. Even ignoring that it's extremely likely they helped the Stormcloaks fight the Imperials, them being with the Stormcloaks during the ambush is suspicious enough that letting them go would be stupid and dangerous.
    I always thought that the player character's life before you actually create him/her was left entirely up to the player's imagination, including why they were arrested along with the Stormcloaks and sentenced to execution.

El Heroif Oscandfaiuwe
    lol

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    When it comes to the games in the Elder Scrolls series, I have played Oblivion, Skyrim, and Online. Since the first game I played was Oblivion, it would have to be my favorite. As for favorite race in the series, I would have to go with Orc since it was the first race I ever played as. As for where I would like to see the next game take place, I would be interested in seeing it take place in Black Marsh.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I don't know about y'all, but I find it hard to go backwards from Skyrim once you play it. I tried to play Oblivion for the first time after I played Skyrim and my god I couldn't get past the first few moments after the opening dungeon events.
    Yeah, I'd say that this is due to the unpolish of game mechanics and concepts. Though I still hold that Cyrodiil was an incredibly beautiful region with brilliant architecture (I couldn't get enough of Imperial buildings and cities), especially in contrast to Skyrim, I think it's the fact that Skyrim feels more like a refined Oblivion set in another region than a sequel that makes it that way. Heck, even I have a little trouble going back.

That said, if Skyblivion gets a full release, I'll play it in a heartbeat.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Except from what I remember through dialogue options, the PC had little to no idea about the details of what was going on in the civil war and none of the Stormcloaks in the beginning recognize the PC, so that flushes your "helped the Stormcloaks at the border" theory down the toilet.

They didn't know, but when the Stormcloaks they were with got ambushed, maybe they just decided to fight whoever was attacking.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Today I became the thane of Whiterun and decided to use my one time get out of jail free card to kill that annoying talos worshipper. The guards tried to arrest me like I was some kind of dirty peasant but then I told them different. But of course even after they accept that I am of a higher standing than the normal rabble they continued to try and attack me, so I had to go on a teaching spree and ended up leaving a mound of bodies in front of each of the residents' homes.

What difficulty do you guys/gals play on? I'm playing on master right now and I've died at least 5 times since I started. I dare not try legendary yet, I'm not good enough.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Default. With Skyrim, though, sometime after I started playing with the Requiem mod, which made death a lot more realistic (and a lot more frequent). It was a much, much harder game, but it made it a lot more difficult. Partially because I liked the idea that I would never be god-tier and one-shot everything, which happens later on in Vanilla. It also promoted strategic thinking and made combat actually feel like an Action RPG without actually changing anything (since, rather than hacking and slashing like in the vanilla game, fighting turned into a dance, and the challenge was learning the choreography).

So for me, it was more the mods that set the difficulty than the game, though I think by that point the game difficulty settings didn't due anything because of the mods.

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
    Also my favorite game is oblivion I spended over 1000 hours in it and made mod for it
    my favortie race is aragonian and my favorite place is the battlehorn castle

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    I bumped it up to Master on my Listener character, because assassins are so unbelievably OP once you get the sneak up and the Backstab perk. I mean, you're boned if you're detected, but otherwise it's just a lot of one hit KOs with the regular enemies. Everyone else is on default settings, I think.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    I usually play on the easiest difficulty because I'm garbage at RPGs, but my most recent playthrough has been on medium. #GoingPlaces2014

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I think Sneaking and Archery are the first two things I try to get to 100 because there's never not a time when Archery won't help you out tremendously and then sneak is sneak.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I think Sneaking and Archery are the first two things I try to get to 100 because there's never not a time when Archery won't help you out tremendously and then sneak is sneak.

I have to agree with this. It's the ultimate 1-2 when it comes to combat (plus it's a really appealing style to play in.) Although throw in lock picking as well as that's super irritating to come across a chest and your not a high enough level.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    For me it's kinda backwards. I played Morrowind multiple times and did almost everthing you could do in that game, I played Oblivion once, doing everything except the Daetric Quests and Skyrim I just finished the main story and did some guild quests. I don't exactly know why, but Skyrim didn't really appeal to me too much.

In Morrowind I always played as a Nord/Warrior and in Oblivion and Skyrim a Breton/Archer-Thief-Assasin.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    Can we talk about how awesome the Dark Brotherhood is?

I've never enjoyed playing a "bad" character so much prior to encountering the Dark Brotherhood, and it surprised me how much I liked this cult - I was just fascinated by their tenets and the sense of "family" they value so much.

It's kind of why I didn't like the Skyrim DB as much, they were really just reduced to being bandits for hire, but it was still a fun questline, and I got a great follower out of it.

If the Dark Brotherhood isn't your thing, what's your favorite faction?

Sir Codin

I never play Assassin/sneaking characters.

Pussy way of playing the game, if you ask me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Dark Brotherhood=best Elder Scrolls faction.
    Imo anyway.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I just do it for the horse. It's a great partner to train your destruction spells on late in the game when you haven't used destruction spells at all the entire game.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    It's kind of why I didn't like the Skyrim DB as much, they were really just reduced to being bandits for hire, but it was still a fun questline, and I got a great follower out of it.
    At least the DB still exists unlike the Morag Tong or the Mages Guild.
    I'm more a fan of the Thieves Guild, although not being able to keep the Skeleton Key sucks and investing perks into Lockpicking just to get Unbreakable isn't really worth it (considering that I have about 500 lockpicks in my inventory at the moment).

Back