• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

How would you rate it?

• ★★★★★

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • ★★★

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • ★★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
  • It is just annoying really. The fact your MAIN ENEMY BREATHS FIRE is just stupid.
    However, the anti-frost is good since getting hit by anything ice is just bloody annoying since it slows you down till you can't walk.​

The majority of hostile casters I've fought were Storm-casters, though .-.
    Barely any fire casters, actually. And I'm assuming the UI doesn't know how to handle Illusion spells since I've never had one cast on me and my follower never uses her Illusion staves.

But dragons also breathe frost ;)

Years
  • I have met many a frost Dragon on my travels, but you know that once you go to that 4th stage, you will only see fire Dragons... Sod's Law.​

Years
  • Indeed they do, but I haven't encountered one yet as I have been to busy questing it up! XD
    Normally, unless I really want the bones, unlikely, I will just ignore it and carry on unless it attacks me. Then it has stepped into my double summon Dremora Lord's! XD​

Zet

Years
  • It... isn't! D:

I, unknowingly, contracted vampirism and only noticed when I was in stage one and stepped outside, to which my skin was burnt and nothing could regenerate. I raged SO HARD.

I found out you could cure it blah blah. So did all that and I was told I had to go to this place at dawn. Did that, went there at dawn and waited till the dude arrived. I spoke to him and as I was doing this, I became a full vampire. He finishes what he is saying and before he performs the ritual, HE ATTACKS ME! D:

I hate being a Vampire. I had to go back to auto saves and feed on someone to subdue it before I could complete the stupid quest.​

Don't shines cure diseases? Best thing to do is blame everything on Lydia. She also kinda creeps me out because all she does is sit at that table in front of my bed...

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • But the Stormcloaks just want to use you! And you get no respect from them until the very end :(

Yeah, that's the part of Vampirism that's fun. It makes the game so difficult. You can only talk to NPCs if you cast Calm or Vampiric Seduction on them. That's why I suggested playing Imperial (not the Imperial Legion) for their racial ability for another calm effect.

On another note, guards are not even that strong trololo

Of coarse guards are easily to kill. But if you enter a city, home base of the Emperial Legion, as a full blown Vampire. With out even knowing why they attacked and have to fight for your life. (Which happened to me, when I entered Solitude as a full blown Vampire. And have no idea why, until a guard called me a Vampire)

Don't shines cure diseases? Best thing to do is blame everything on Lydia. She also kinda creeps me out because all she does is sit at that table in front of my bed...

Well if your pre affects of turning into one, quickly go to any alters and you'll be cure. But once your completely turned into one, your in deep doodoo. And I haven't figure out how to reverse it. And Lydia...I killed that women once I got Findel the elf as my lackey. Went to the throat of the world, told her to stand on the edge of it then FAS RO DA! off the mountain. And I regret nothing about it =) That women got me killed waay to many times...

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well if your pre affects of turning into one, quickly go to any alters and you'll be cure. But once your completely turned into one, your in deep doodoo. And I haven't figure out how to reverse it. And Lydia...I killed that women once I got Findel the elf as my lackey. Went to the throat of the world, told her to stand on the edge of it then FAS RO DA! off the mountain. And I regret nothing about it =) That women got me killed waay to many times...

It's the opposite for me. I have no regrets about using the console commands to resurrect her when she runs between me and my magic over...and over...and over.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    Didn't cure it for me when I was into the Vampire stages! :(​

You need to cure Vampirism within 24 hours of contracting the illness. Also, I've been an Elder Scrolls fan since Daggerfell. I still play Morrowing GOTY Edition. I got Skyrim Midnight release, Also live right behind GameStop <3. Have 13o+ hours on my main, Wood Elf Archer/smither. I've also played through both through the Empire line and StormClock line and I'll say this, StormClock line is by far easier then the Empire's line. Less Raids, easier initiation quest, and God, Ulfric uses Shouts when you fight him. Also, I loved Rikke's last line to Ulfric. I wish you could have gone deeper into why she said it. Eh, anyways. I love TES:Skyrim.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I have finally had the time to play this game after I broke my wrist at work :P I am completely loving it. Glad I have the time to play. I luckily haven't become a vampire and I hope I never do. I was one on Oblivion and I hated it. Loaded an earlier save to get rid of it. Might try a werewolf though that sounds fun.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Of coarse guards are easily to kill. But if you enter a city, home base of the Emperial Legion, as a full blown Vampire. With out even knowing why they attacked and have to fight for your life. (Which happened to me, when I entered Solitude as a full blown Vampire. And have no idea why, until a guard called me a Vampire)

Ehhhhh, I've wiped out the entire city of Solitude once myself too, by accident. It turns out Jordis turned hostile and started killing guards, so I just had to help her.

You need to cure Vampirism within 24 hours of contracting the illness. Also, I've been an Elder Scrolls fan since Daggerfell. I still play Morrowing GOTY Edition. I got Skyrim Midnight release, Also live right behind GameStop <3. Have 13o+ hours on my main, Wood Elf Archer/smither. I've also played through both through the Empire line and StormClock line and I'll say this, StormClock line is by far easier then the Empire's line. Less Raids, easier initiation quest, and God, Ulfric uses Shouts when you fight him. Also, I loved Rikke's last line to Ulfric. I wish you could have gone deeper into why she said it. Eh, anyways. I love TES:Skyrim.

Didn't cure it for me when I was into the Vampire stages! :(​

Wrong. Sanguinare Vampiris has a three-day latency period. You can touch any shrine or drink a Potion of Cure Disease before it develops into Vampirism. Vampirism can't be cured by any normal means except from Lycanthropy-induced disease immunity and through a special side-quest (in which you have to maintain Rank 3 Vampirism, or else the quest-giver will turn hostile to you).

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    Ehhhhh, I've wiped out the entire city of Solitude once myself too, by accident. It turns out Jordis turned hostile and started killing guards, so I just had to help her.

Wrong. Sanguinare Vampiris has a three-day latency period. You can touch any shrine or drink a Potion of Cure Disease before it develops into Vampirism. Vampirism can't be cured by any normal means except from Lycanthropy-induced disease immunity and through a special side-quest (in which you have to maintain Rank 3 Vampirism, or else the quest-giver will turn hostile to you).

I Always thought it was 24 hours...damn, lol. I normally carry a Cure potion though, also avoiding Vampires helps, or becoming a Ware wolf early in the game.

Years
  • HEY GUYS GUYS GUYS!

I installed Skyrim onto my Bootcamp partition and it runs smoother than a babys bottom... notthatiwouldknowhowsmoothababysbottomis.

My life is officially over. Skyrim on the move with a new character! :D​

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Ughhh, Skyrim's been bugging me lately.
    v Possible spoilers? v

Spoiler:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Unless they've come out with a new patch fixing it since I last played there's nothing you can do on a console about that glitch. You have to start the quest which means entering and leaving the city and going to the graveyard until it starts but for some people it doesn't start at all. People speculate that it's related to a non-essential character dying who's necessary for the quest, therefore the first quest never starts. My bf got around it with console commands on the PC but Xbox doesn't have those, so can't help you there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Unless they've come out with a new patch fixing it since I last played there's nothing you can do on a console about that glitch. You have to start the quest which means entering and leaving the city and going to the graveyard until it starts but for some people it doesn't start at all. People speculate that it's related to a non-essential character dying who's necessary for the quest, therefore the first quest never starts. My bf got around it with console commands on the PC but Xbox doesn't have those, so can't help you there.
    Bluh, I figured as much. I'm tempted to risk converting my save to PC and asking a friend to run the commands for me. But then again, I've heard that the house itself is really buggy as well. Maybe I'll just not bother. XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well when he did finally get it he had to use more commands to get rid of the blood and bones and bodies and such, even the "clean up this house" thing you can get them to do didn't do much xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Well when he did finally get it he had to use more commands to get rid of the blood and bones and bodies and such, even the "clean up this house" thing you can get them to do didn't do much xD

I think I'm just gonna go with Markarth while waiting for a fix XD Thanks anyway :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's the opposite for me. I have no regrets about using the console commands to resurrect her when she runs between me and my magic over...and over...and over.
    You could probably use the console to make her essential so you don't have to manually revive her.

Back