• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Election Day

Have you voted today?

• Yes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I'm not old enough

Votes: 42 54.5%
  • I'm not registered

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guest123_x1

Obama is expected to win Michigan, however as of this post McCain is leading by 11,000 votes with 9% of precincts reporting.

Obama is expected to win Ohio and maybe "Florida Florida Florida"* as well.

With 7% reporting, Michigan's Proposal 1, which is about medical marijuana, is getting 60% in favor.
    Proposal 2, which is about stem cell research appears to be headed down, by a narrow margin. (I wouldn't be surprised if this proposal ultimately goes down, thanks to the very negative campaign against it.)

In the MI-9th Congressional District, it looks like incumbent Joe Knollenburg (R) is going to get hammered by Democratic challenger Gary Peters, 48% to 45%. (that campaign has also been quite negative, I might add).

In my Congressional District (MI-10th), with 2% reporting, incumbent Candice Miller (R) is leading at 73%.

Senator Carl Levin is expected to win easy.

*In the words of the late Tim Russert, when discussing the 2000 election controversy in Florida.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Obama has been projected to win Ohio by CNN. I'm honestly rather surprised; being an Ohioan myself I can tell you that we're one of the more racist states outside of the South, and there are people who live on our block who have openly admitted that they won't vote for Obama because he is black. So with that said, I'm very glad he pulled out Ohio. I'm actually pretty proud of my fellow Ohioans (not to hate on McCain or anything, just sayin' =p)

I've got my CNN map here on the other tab, and it just gave Obama New Mexico and McCain Louisiana. At this point, it's looking nearly impossible that McCain wins.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    According to the Yahoo! Political Dashboard '08, the score is 195 to 70 with Barack Obama in the lead. If Obama gets Florida, I will be 89% that he will win this presidential race to become the first African-American President of the United States of America.

GG Barack. You deserve it.

Guest123_x1

McCain expected to win Utah... Obama expected to carry Iowa (just as I expected too-it's where it all started for him in the January caucuses).

Spoiler:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    As much as I want McCain to win, I don't think he's going to. I'm not old enough to vote (I will be for 2012, though!), and I haven't been as active a supporter of the republicans this time. I don't think I've cared as much about this election because abortion wasn't as big of an issue, and that's the only issue I care a lot about.

When Obama wins (yeah, I said "when"), I'm not going to be pleased about it, but I'm definitely not going to be surprised. Frankly, the republicans have run a pretty dumb campaign, and McCain should have done more to stop the RNC from running those inane ads. Not to mention, Palin really didn't do what she was supposed to, which was attract the independent female vote.

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
    Why do so many people think not voting for McCain is racist...? And Palin has the most executive experience out of all the candidates/VP candidates, so don't you go pulling the "Palin has no experience" card xD

I personally don't know who I want to win. Obama is too liberal for me, and if he has Congress in his favor, things can get messy pretty quick... It's hard to see through all the lies and exaggerations on the McCain Campaign's part sometimes, and I saw a Palin commercial that said "She stopped the Bridge to Nowhere", but she was the one who started it in the first place.

Well, time will tell... If I could vote, and I had to vote now, I would probably vote for McCain, as I am a more conservative person.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    OBAMA WOOOOOHOOOOOO

50 TO GO

I'm only 16 not yet but in the next 4 years yes. XD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Well, since Califonia, Oregon and Washington make 73, and those most likely going for Obama, I think it's very safe to say Obama will win the election. McCain can have Florida at this point.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    McCain lost as soon as he lost Ohio and Pennsylvania...He needed to sweep the toss ups, which he failed to do right from the beginning.

Well, can't say I'm surprised. Obama ran a very smart campaign and the American people responded. Let's hope that Obama brings the hope and change that he's been promising. =P

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Well, can't say I'm surprised. Obama ran a very smart campaign and the American people responded. Let's hope that Obama brings the hope and change that he's been promising. =P
    Obama's had this thing locked up for a long time. He is probably the single greatest politician America has witnessed for decades. Notice that I say politician, in that I think he's a superb public speaker. I do not trust that he will be a good decision maker or leader.

God bless Barack Obama during these next four years. I sincerely hope that he will be a better president than I think he will be. I'm hoping, because my sense of reason does not see him as a good president.

speedinglight

Normal Human
    Years
    Pacific Rim polls are just about closed

and now we wait for the inevitable

all obama needs is Cali at this point or a combonation of states

As i say that

Obama has 297 to McCains 145

*cue "we are the champions"*

Guest123_x1

Obama is leading in Florida, 51% to 49% with 84% precincts reporting.
    Obama will also likely get Colorado, but it looks like McCain will win Arizona.

Speaking of Arizona, on a media-related message board, the Michigan (Great Lakes) Atrium, "Jack Wolfman" from Arizona posted in a thread about ballot proposals in his state. There are 7 such statewide proposals in Arizona Here's one that caught my eye I found particularly interesting:
    Prop 300:
    A five-member, bi-partisan Commission comprised of citizens was appointed by the Governor, the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House and the Arizona Chief Justice. They unanimously agreed to recommend via Proposition 300 that the salaries of legislators should be raised from $24,000 to $30,000 per year.
    His vote, he posted was "oh HELL NO!" I would've voted the same way. (although Jack Wolfman is quite liberal). I don't see why state legislators (and Congressmen) should keep getting pay raises every so often when they often go against the will of the people and have poor track records.

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I am proud to be the first to report that obama is now the official projected President!

"WE need Change"

Info snipped from MSNBC

Back