• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The worst thing is that Sony actually knew they had a bunch of games on the Vita, but they still didn't give it any screen time because they'd rather show their new "innovative" Wonderbook. Even the shovelware games on the Vita look fun.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/e3-2012-sonys-25-vita-games

At least this year wasn't was as big a failure as 2011 was.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • What are those ones?
    PM3 = Paper Mario 3(ds), and LM2 = Luigi's Mansion 2. Latter could be quite interesting because the 3ds came about with the tech team messing about with 3D effects with the first Luigi Mansion apparently.
    Was hoping for Monster hunter or Phantasy star info which there was none
    MH would help the vita quite a bit, certainly, but not too surprised it didn't get much new from E3 - little was touted and confidence with it isn't high atm apparently with developers.
    I know games that I would like, but they are a while away, so I guess it is time to dig out the old backlog
    Pretty glad I have a whole bunch of ambassador games to play around with too, haha.

User19sq

Okay, I was pretty disappointed in Nintendo this year, but I gotta admit, this game looks pretty entertaining. XD Like the sort of thing you'd buy for when you have family over and they anna watch you play something on the Wii U. I'd probably buy it.

Also, someone on Youtube posted this:

So PlayStation and Xbox are allowed to have quirky, colorful, cartoony games
    like Katimari, Parappa, Little Big Planet, and Viva Pinata, and still be
    considered "hardcore" but any game on Nintendo that dares to use colors other
    than brown is an abomination?

Yeah, totally not a double standard there.

Not to flame or bate around, but I do sorta want to point that out to anyone who treats Nintendo as such. Just sayin'.

NatureKeeper

Okay, I was pretty disappointed in Nintendo this year, but I gotta admit, this game looks pretty entertaining. XD Like the sort of thing you'd buy for when you have family over and they anna watch you play something on the Wii U. I'd probably buy it.

Also, someone on Youtube posted this:

"So PlayStation and Xbox are allowed to have quirky, colorful, cartoony games
    like Katimari, Parappa, Little Big Planet, and Viva Pinata, and still be
    considered "hardcore" but any game on Nintendo that dares to use colors other
    than brown is an abomination?

Yeah, totally not a double standard there. "

Not to flame or bate around, but I do sorta want to point that out to anyone who treats Nintendo as such. Just sayin'.

That. Completely that. And, to be frank, I think *cough*Nintendo Land*cough* is better for family times and showing them the Wii U. Yeah, it's childish, but it is fun, after all. I threw a fit about it earlier because of the way Nintendo spend way too much time on a trivial minigame and ruined its presentation as a result.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    I can't believe how little Sony talked about the Vita. Tomb Raider and the Wii U looked cool, however.

Last edited:

PhantomTwilight

possibly sane
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Nov 9, 2014
    I LOVED tomb raider and what they did with it. I liked that strawberry chainsaw game too. A cheerleader with a chainsaw decapitating zombies? Awww yeah.

Years
  • I am still very disappointed with how Sony didn't talk about the Vita and I thought that other sites would have picked up on it, but I haven't seen many sites even acknowledge that it was missed.

The Vita is such an amazing piece of technology, I really don't want it to be forgotten.​

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Actually quite a few sites have acknowledged it, and even more regular people noticed it. Edge talked about the 25 games on the showroom floor that Sony should've talked about but didn't.

Sony could've also offered a price cut, but I can see why they didn't. They're focusing on cutting memory card prices at least, so that's fine.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • I am still very disappointed with how Sony didn't talk about the Vita and I thought that other sites would have picked up on it, but I haven't seen many sites even acknowledge that it was missed.

The Vita is such an amazing piece of technology, I really don't want it to be forgotten.​

It may be a good piece of technology, but it's library suuuuuucks. Aside from Gravity Rush, there's very little coming out or out right now that I have any sort of interest in to justify the ridiculous price for a Vita. I don't see how these companies think it's a good idea to launch these systems with spinoffs and ports. >.> They really should price cut it, because they aren't doing any better of a job than Nintendo did with the 3DS.

Years
  • Actually quite a few sites have acknowledged it, and even more regular people noticed it. Edge talked about the 25 games on the showroom floor that Sony should've talked about but didn't.

Sony could've also offered a price cut, but I can see why they didn't. They're focusing on cutting memory card prices at least, so that's fine.

It may be a good piece of technology, but it's library suuuuuucks. Aside from Gravity Rush, there's very little coming out or out right now that I have any sort of interest in to justify the ridiculous price for a Vita. I don't see how these companies think it's a good idea to launch these systems with spinoffs and ports. >.> They really should price cut it, because they aren't doing any better of a job than Nintendo did with the 3DS.

Yeh, it really does suck apart from Gravity Rush.
    I know P4 is coming out for it, which will be nice, but I think it is just going to be a bit of a slow time for the Vita, before it is really used.​

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It has quite a few good games released(mainly platformers) and coming up, it just doesn't have any system sellers yet.

With that said, neither does the 3DS. The Vita has done a much better job of not having a sucky library than other handhelds, but everyone jumped ship way too quickly after it didn't sell gorillions.

NatureKeeper

It has quite a few good games released(mainly platformers) and coming up, it just doesn't have any system sellers yet.

With that said, neither does the 3DS. The Vita has done a much better job of not having a sucky library than other handhelds, but everyone jumped ship way too quickly after it didn't sell gorillions.

Ermm... The 3DS has quite a good library to keep a gamer entertained for a while. Like, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Zelda OoT... Shall I go on?

Anyway, to be frank, the Vita's upcoming games (source) are going to make it sell like hotcakes, so the Vita IS gonna live. Sorry for being off-topic about the E3 conference.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• Nah, that's not it. It is, after all, coming out in the same general time as Sticker Star.
    Has there been a confirmation of this? The only date I could find for that was Q3 2012, and that was from a Nintendo Power article from last year. At least Sticker Star had some form of release date confirmation at the conference... Animal Crossing's non-presence indicates that it's not coming out any time soon, unfortunately.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Ermm... The 3DS has quite a good library to keep a gamer entertained for a while. Like, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Zelda OoT... Shall I go on?

Anyway, to be frank, the Vita's upcoming games (source) are going to make it sell like hotcakes, so the Vita IS gonna live. Sorry for being off-topic about the E3 conference.

I'm sure all of the remakes and established series on the 3DS are just as good as the remakes and established series on the Vita, but they're both still pretty disappointing in terms of their actual potential.

Years
  • It did just seem to be the year of 'remakes and squeals' didn't it, obviously there were exceptions, but I just really didn't see enough 'new' games from E3, which was very annoying thinking back.​

Back