• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elemental Monkeys

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
    The monkeys for the most part are pretty awful. That said, I've seen the water one used in a few wifi battles, and it is actually somewhat functional. I think the other two are borderline useless though.

Jdwg1337

Almost Chuck Norris
    Years
    I obtained a Pansage and kept it all the way untill after the E4, then left it in my PC never to be used again, mainly because its almost useless and looks horrid.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    I like (Pan/Simi)sear, (Pan/Simi)pour and (Pan/Simi)sage. Only thing that bothers me is that Simipour is so... hermaphrodite... and most of them are male... I made sure that mine was female.

Elemental Monkeys

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    None of the elemental monkeys are that strong, and while semi-training a Pansear for my team I had later on decided to keep it in the PC. Though my favorite would be Pansage/Simisage as its design looks the best out of them all, imo.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Nope. Never.
    I use one for the first gym, and then box it. I'm not a fan of them, because the evolutions look weird, and it takes a while for them to use decent moves :/
    I feel slightly differant 'cause everybody else uses them...

NatureKeeper

I used my Simisear until Level 20 but replaced it for Victini later. (I know Victini's not that good, but I like it so don't comment.) And yer, I did evolve it. The fire monkeys have a really bad level up set, unlike Victini.

Years
    I used Simipour forever in-game. Scald alone makes him useful. Unfortunately, I think a lot of water Pokemon outclass him, so I doubt I'd ever use it again.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    I was using pansear up until i found a litwick then replaced him since litwick had a better type and also chandelure has one of the best sp. attack stats

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    I use them until I beat the E4 the first time. Only because they had cute designs. Not to mention the lacking of proper fire types in the game before the E4. My starter was Oshawott so I needed a fire type

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    All of them have pretty good movesets and designs. They all look good in my opinion. All of them have strengths and weaknesses.

9/10

Years
    I boxed my Panpour as soon as I caught a Tympole. He did have the last laugh (or cry?) when I brought him back out to use as a water slave post-E4.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I think they are useless. I boxed my pansear after the first gym never to see the light again.....

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Im not sure why people dont like the monkeys they rock socks and people saying they would rather have cats or weasels of something if you ask me monkeys are the PERFECT THING but the only thing they are not completely original they have are crazy look a likes to Aipom, almost as nasty as Snivy to Cyndaquil

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    When I got it I used it to beat the first Gym then it remained in my party unused until I had 6 Pokemon. Then I put it in my box never to be heard of again. Shame really as I like all the monkeys designs (Except their evolutions)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    To be honest, I never even used any of the monkeys as HM slaves at first. After beating the first gym with Pansear, it went straight into my PC. n_n

Still, at least it's neat how GameFreak tries to help give us a way to beat the first gym a bit easily. At least the addition with the three isn't too bad to say they are totally useless.

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
    Well i got Pansage then levelled it up.... and evolved it -_-.... It learned no good moods like seed bomb etc. I was stuck with vine whip. I used him in the Elite 4 then dumped him in my PC.

Back