• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    error

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • I have found on the Internet another research of the Sprites, these are in the Graphics/Battlers folder and I made everything like it says in the tutoria also the scripts are all Corrected I also added a female Trainer throw-sprite, and now when i go to test wild pokémon battle or Trainerbattle, 1. The Trainer aro too Big, so big that the Level Bar are in front the head of the sprite, so that you cant see their head or heat whatever. Now when I Battle the 2. Thing I see (positive) is that the Spirtes are animated. The 3.rd Thing is that the Battler Spriten are tooooooooooooo BIG, So big that you just see the body of them on the screen and i have the Standart screensize, sorry I cannot memorize the number; Somewhat with 5.. x ... so if you can tell me why the battler sprites, the back and front and the shiny back and front sprite are all too big and I also tried to reposition all Sprite and tried to edit the Sprite on the Positioner

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I have found on the Internet another research of the Sprites, these are in the Graphics/Battlers folder and I made everything like it says in the tutoria also the scripts are all Corrected I also added a female Trainer throw-sprite, and now when i go to test wild pokémon battle or Trainerbattle, 1. The Trainer aro too Big, so big that the Level Bar are in front the head of the sprite, so that you cant see their head or heat whatever. Now when I Battle the 2. Thing I see (positive) is that the Spirtes are animated. The 3.rd Thing is that the Battler Spriten are tooooooooooooo BIG, So big that you just see the body of them on the screen and i have the Standart screensize, sorry I cannot memorize the number; Somewhat with 5.. x ... so if you can tell me why the battler sprites, the back and front and the shiny back and front sprite are all too big and I also tried to reposition all Sprite and tried to edit the Sprite on the Positioner

If you downloaded the Sprites from an unofficial source (i.e. Not the link I've provided you with), chances are that they aren't priperly formatted. That being said, EBS uses sprites that are in 1x1 pixel resolution, and not Essentials' standard upscaled ones. You can either scale your sprites (trainers and Pokemon) manually, or you can do so by changing the appropriate config constants in the script. All of this is stated in the opening post, and furthermore is commented in the script itself. Please read the instructions carefully, since you obviously haven't done so. Merry Christmas.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    when I fight often wild Pokémon do not attack, and wrapped while Selec move the pointer stops forcing you to choose a move

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • when I fight often wild Pokémon do not attack, and wrapped while Selec move the pointer stops forcing you to choose a move

Opposing Pokemon not attacking was an issue in Essentials v15 that has long since been fixed. Upgrade to a newer version if you're on the older one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    since I have a project with all the scripts that I need not inserted instead if you tell me I'd like to update the script to update you do me a big favor

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • since I have a project with all the scripts that I need not inserted instead if you tell me I'd like to update the script to update you do me a big favor

I have no idea. Look at the changelogs, and try and firgure out what you have to change. I'm not in charge of Essentials, and the AI bug is not related to my system. Sooooo, clean hands.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    wrapped while selections move the pointer stops forcing you to choose a move

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • wrapped while selections move the pointer stops forcing you to choose a move

If you don't write in coherent sentences, I can't know what's up. I haven't understood a word you said. Clean v15.1 + latest EBS = no problems. Whatever problems you might be getting could be either due to improper EBS installation, or compatibility issues with your project, and I can't help you with either of those. In fact, right now I can't bugtest or fix up the v16 issues for anyone at the moment, because I don't have my work machine.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    the pointer sometimes freezes and forces me to restart the game or use the move or object. maybe you did not understand why I use google translated and do not speak English

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • I had people saying the battle system is slow, and I can kind of agree. Is there anyway you could include a speed up feature in some way or another, even if it was just in the scripts? Preferably while keeping the audio the same and not speeding it up.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I hope this is the right place to post this question.

Hello. I've been working with Essentials for a year now and up to version 15 I barely had any trouble with errors and such. However I really want to updat to version 16. Problem being that I get a lot of errors whenever I playtest my game. Is Luka SJ's Battle system by the way of any use in version 16? If I want to use items in battle using Luka SJ's system the game freezes and I get the following errors.

Does anybody perhaps know how I can fix (some of) these errors?
    Thanks in advance! (I would show pictures to clarify the situation, but for some reason I'm not yet allowed to use urls and links in my posts)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Dear Maruno. I've been working with the Essentials version 15 for quite some time combined with Luka SJ's system, and almost everything worked perfectly. However now that I upgraded to version 16 I got some major errors. For some reason I'm unable to use any type of items in battle and the trainer backsprite it a complete mess. This is only whenever I use Luka's System. Do you perhaps know what I could've done wrong? Or is this version perhaps not fully compatible with Luka SJ's system?
    My apologies if this is not the correct place to post this type of question, but I'm a bit of a newcomer to this forum. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Dear Maruno. I've been working with the Essentials version 15 for quite some time combined with Luka SJ's system, and almost everything worked perfectly. However now that I upgraded to version 16 I got some major errors. For some reason I'm unable to use any type of items in battle and the trainer backsprite it a complete mess. This is only whenever I use Luka's System. Do you perhaps know what I could've done wrong? Or is this version perhaps not fully compatible with Luka SJ's system?
    My apologies if this is not the correct place to post this type of question, but I'm a bit of a newcomer to this forum. Thanks in advance for your answer.

View attachment 77422

View attachment 77423

View attachment 77424

I don't know much about the other issue you have, but the oddness of the trainer backsprite in battles has to do with formatting issues that are different between basic Essentials and the EBS. Essentials uses a five-frame animation, and the EBS uses a four-frame one, or something like that. So the EBS is splitting up the Essentials-formatted one weirdly. I fixed it in my game by going into a photo-editing program and removing one of the frames (I think I removed the last one, I may have removed the first though).

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I don't know much about the other issue you have, but the oddness of the trainer backsprite in battles has to do with formatting issues that are different between basic Essentials and the EBS. Essentials uses a five-frame animation, and the EBS uses a four-frame one, or something like that. So the EBS is splitting up the Essentials-formatted one weirdly. I fixed it in my game by going into a photo-editing program and removing one of the frames (I think I removed the last one, I may have removed the first though).

Thanks a bunch for your reply, man. Your tip worked.
    Now I only need to find out how to fix the items in battle. Thanks again!

It was just before your post...

I guess I somehow didn't see it. Thanks for mentioning.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • For me it's not working 100%. When I battle against a trainer and the trainer wants to send in the second Pokémon, I get this error.

Exception: ArgumentError
    PokeBattle_Battle:1399:in `pbRecallAndReplace'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1399:in `pbSwitch'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1370:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1370:in `pbSwitch'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3938:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase_old'
    EliteBattle_Battle:281:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    EliteBattle_Battle:217:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    EliteBattle_Battle:216:in `logonerr'
    EliteBattle_Battle:216:in `pbStartBattleCore'

When I accept this error with OK the battle continues and I can do anything, but the trainer hasn't sent a Pokémon. He wants to send the Pokémon again and this is ending in a endless loop.

Hey there. First time posting here.

I got the same error when I ran the EBS, and diving into the code for the "PokeBattle_Battle" section shows that the V16 update changes the parameters of the "pbRecallAndReplace" function on line 1465.

Code:
    Old V15 Code:
    def pbRecallAndReplace(index,newpoke,batonpass=false)
        @battlers[index].pbResetForm
        if !@battlers[index].isFainted?
          @scene.pbRecall(index)
        end
        pbMessagesOnReplace(index,newpoke)
        pbReplace(index,newpoke,batonpass)
        return pbOnActiveOne(@battlers[index])
      end

New V16 Code:
    pbRecallAndReplace(index,newpoke,newpokename=-1,batonpass=false,moldbreaker=false)
          @scene.pbRecall(index)
        end
        pbMessagesOnReplace(index,newpoke,newpokename)
        pbReplace(index,newpoke,batonpass)
        return pbOnActiveOne(@battlers[index],false,moldbreaker)
      end

Now it has five parameters rather than three, and the names have been changed slightly, so the error is caused by the EBS calling the old number of parameters with the old names. Because Essentials V16 isn't using the old parameters, it can't retrieve information about the next Pokemon being sent out, causing an endless loop. This is the code used by the EBS in the section "#1 Battle" around line 260:

Code:
    alias pbRecallAndReplace_old pbRecallAndReplace
      def pbRecallAndReplace(index,newpoke,batonpass=false)
        @replaced=true
        return pbRecallAndReplace_old(index,newpoke,batonpass)
      end

Luckily there is a quick solution to this that fixes the loop and lets you complete a battle against a trainer. In the "#1 Battle" code section, go to line 248 ("alias pbReplace_old pbReplace") and delete all the code down to line 264 (just before "alias pbRun_old pbRun"). Then copy the code below and paste it on line 248:

Code:
    alias pbReplace_old pbReplace
      def pbReplace(index,newpoke,newpokename=-1,batonpass=false,moldbreaker=false)
        if !@replaced
            @scene.pbRecall(index)
          end
        end
        pbReplace_old(index,newpoke,batonpass)
        @replaced=false
      end

alias pbRecallAndReplace_old pbRecallAndReplace
      def pbRecallAndReplace(index,newpoke,newpokename=-1,batonpass=false,moldbreaker=false)
        @replaced=true
        return pbRecallAndReplace_old(index,newpoke,newpokename,batonpass,moldbreaker)
      end

This lets the EBS use the new parameters so that it can retrieve information about the Pokemon during battle. This is only a temporary fix to help allow you to test your game in V16 using the EBS system, until Luka S.J. officially updates EBS for V16, in which case you should use the updated code. Hope you understood all of this and it fixes the issue for others too!

Back