• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Elite Four Critiquing

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    So, I couldn't find an accurate thread for this, but if one does exist just point it out to me. I thought to post this thread with hopes of everyone posting their team of which they plan on using against the Elite Four. Why? For others to critique it of course! Whether you're having trouble with the Elite Four or you haven't fought them yet, all help is appreciated. Myself in particular, I'm having trouble with Lance and would happily post my team for others to critique:

Gyarados Lv. 45 (Nevermeltice)

Bite
    Dragon Pulse
    Ice Fang
    Dragon Dance

Typhlosion Lv. 44 (Charcoal)

Swift
    Quick Attack
    Flamethrower
    Lava Plume

Pidgeot Lv. 41 (Amulet Coin)

Wing Attack
    Fly
    Quick Attack
    Agility

Dragonair Lv. 42 (Exp. Share)

Dragon Rush
    Thunder Wave
    Aqua Tail
    Dragon Rage

Quagsire Lv. 43 (Quick Claw)

Surf
    Rain Dance
    Earthquake
    Yawn

solastalgia

dancing through life
    Years
    For your team, I'd recommend a Psychic Pokemon and an Ice Pokemon in the place of your Pidgeot and Quagsire. Psychic because I'm assuming you have Pigeot for the Fighting guy and Quagsire for the Posion guy - Psychic types are good against both Fighting and Poison, two for the price of one! xD Ice, on the other hand, will give you some extra power against Lance's army of Dragonites, lol. I'll always vouch for Dewgong, but you could also put in Piloswine because of it's Ground type if you don't want a Psychic Pokemon to combat Poison.

Just some suggestions! :D Your team is really good as is, by the way. Thumbs up on Dragonair (MY LOOOOOOVE WHY DID YOU HAVE TO EVOLVE INTO SUCH A DERPY DINOSAUR)

My in-training team for the Elite Four rematch is:

Umbreon Lv 48 (Amulet Coin)

Dark Pulse
    Torment
    Faint Attack
    Cut (UGH)

Ampharos Lv 48 (Shed Shell.... I forgot why I put this here)

Charge
    Strength (Double ugh, I hate HMs!)
    Thunder
    Shock Wave

Alakazam Lv 50 (Lagging Tail)

Future Sight
    Psychic
    Recover
    Trick (hence why he's holding a Lagging Tail... I pass it on to the opponent)

Lugia Lv 50 (None)

Punishment
    Fly
    Hydro Pump
    Aeroblast

Dewgong Lv 53 (NeverMeltIce)

Sheer Cold (comes in so handy!)
    Blizzard
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Dragonair Lv 38 (Exp Share) The newest addition to my team after I wasted time with a Venomoth. Still waiting for it to learn cool moves. :3

Aqua Tail
    Hidden Power (Steel)
    Agility
    Twister

The Pokemon I'm having the most second thoughts about is, is Lugia, funnily enough. Cause I already have Alakazam. Right now I'm wondering if I should switch my starter Typhlosion (now rotting in the box lol) back in Lugia's place. Or if there are any suggestions for other Pokemon, bring them on! :3

Last edited:
    Years
    For your team, I'd recommend a Psychic Pokemon and an Ice Pokemon in the place of your Pidgeot and Quagsire. Psychic because I'm assuming you have Pigeot for the Fighting guy and Quagsire for the Posion guy - Psychic types are good against both Fighting and Poison, two for the price of one! xD Ice, on the other hand, will give you some extra power against Lance's army of Dragonites, lol. I'll always vouch for Dewgong, but you could also put in Piloswine because of it's Ground type if you don't want a Psychic Pokemon to combat Poison.

Just some suggestions! :D Your team is really good as is, by the way. Thumbs up on Dragonair (MY LOOOOOOVE WHY DID YOU HAVE TO EVOLVE INTO SUCH A DERPY DINOSAUR)

My in-training team for the Elite Four rematch is:

Umbreon Lv 48 (Amulet Coin)

Dark Pulse
    Torment
    Faint Attack
    Cut (UGH)

Ampharos Lv 48 (Shed Shell.... I forgot why I put this here)

Charge
    Strength (Double ugh, I hate HMs!)
    Thunder
    Shock Wave

Alakazam Lv 50 (Lagging Tail)

Future Sight
    Psychic
    Recover
    Trick (hence why he's holding a Lagging Tail... I pass it on to the opponent)

Lugia Lv 50 (None)

Punishment
    Fly
    Hydro Pump
    Aeroblast

Dewgong Lv 53 (NeverMeltIce)

Sheer Cold (comes in so handy!)
    Blizzard
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Dragonair Lv 38 (Exp Share) The newest addition to my team after I wasted time with a Venomoth. Still waiting for it to learn cool moves. :3

Aqua Tail
    Hidden Power (Steel)
    Agility
    Twister

The Pokemon I'm having the most second thoughts about is, is Lugia, funnily enough. Cause I already have Alakazam. Right now I'm wondering if I should switch my starter Typhlosion (now rotting in the box lol) back in Lugia's place. Or if there are any suggestions for other Pokemon, bring them on! :3

You should use HM slaves as opposed to teaching HM's to those Pokemon. I'm assuming you trained quite a bit at Victory Road? I'd prefer it if you could continually fight any trainer you wanted instead of waiting for them to call. It makes sense, with them having to train their Pokemon and such. However, the minimal experience is horrible >.>

solastalgia

dancing through life
    Years
    Which Pokemon are good HM slaves? (preferably learning Fly, Surf, Cut, and Strength all at the same time LOL)

Nah, I just beat the Elite Four and am training in Kanto now. Working towards an Elite Four rematch with that team after I beat the Kanto gym leaders. The team I used to beat the Elite Four was low level and included a useless Venomoth. *sigh* But insanely enough, I beat the Elite Four in one try, so I'm hoping my strategies are working, ahahah.

YES to challenging any trainer. It's so annoying having to hunt out the single trainer that went ahead and called you, I just want to be able to challenge everyone over and over again to boost up my Pokemon. Or maybe just a really good training grounds with trainers that'll rematch you all the time and challenging wild Pokemon. *nodnod*

Years
    Which Pokemon are good HM slaves? (preferably learning Fly, Surf, Cut, and Strength all at the same time LOL)

Nah, I just beat the Elite Four and am training in Kanto now. Working towards an Elite Four rematch with that team after I beat the Kanto gym leaders. The team I used to beat the Elite Four was low level and included a useless Venomoth. *sigh* But insanely enough, I beat the Elite Four in one try, so I'm hoping my strategies are working, ahahah.

YES to challenging any trainer. It's so annoying having to hunt out the single trainer that went ahead and called you, I just want to be able to challenge everyone over and over again to boost up my Pokemon. Or maybe just a really good training grounds with trainers that'll rematch you all the time and challenging wild Pokemon. *nodnod*

Well, I'm unsure of an all around HM slave but I have a couple that I use. Krabby uses Waterfall, I enjoy having Surf on my Quagsire even if it is an HM, it's still a great S.T.A.B. move and my Geodude uses Strength and will use Rock Smash later on. Rattata uses Cut and I think my Tentacool uses Whirlpool. I guess I'm off to train at Victory Road >.>

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    A thread like this is uncalled for as we now have a place where all people can get their in-game teams rated as well as competitive teams. This goes through all generations and not just HeartGold and SoulSilver. Pokémon Strategies and Movesets is the main forum for competitive battling, while it's respective sub-forum, In-game Team Help is, well, it's pretty self explanatory - you go here to get critiques on your in-game teams. Please use this forum instead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back