• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Email.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    How many email addresses do you own and actually use? If you have more than one, what are your reasons for that?

Is Email a method of communication that you take advantage of?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • If I can remember correctly, I think I've got about 4 email addresses. The reason being that I'd be too lazy to record the details of the email and so would either forget the password (which could be easily changed, I know) or actually have forgotten the email address itself.

At this present moment I have two email addresses that I use on a regular basis. I used to have three, the third being my school address for my laptop but ever since I handed it back in, I don't really use it that much. The ones I do make use of however, are dedicated toward my online accounts; Facebook, Tumblr etc, whereas my other I utilize for school and work.

I find emailing to be a great tool to get in contact with my teachers if I'm having trouble or simply want to clarify something or ask a question. I do find Facebook much easier to use to contact friends on though, considering nearly everyone I know uses their Facebook more regularly than their email.

Zise

zZz
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    I have had three e-mail addresses in the past decade. My first e-mail was only made for MSN and is not in use anymore. Second e-mail was made to sign-up on websites. And finally, my personal e-mail which I use for personal top-secret stuff that should not be revealed to anyone but myself. ;)

Also, I seriously think that one should have a minimum of two e-mail addresses. Utilizing just one e-mail for your personal and online activities is such a bad idea. I mean, for security reasons, your personal e-mail should never be revealed to random people on the web.

Finally, I think we can all agree that the use of e-mail in general has been declining since the past few years. As it was one of the main methods of communication back in the days, there's really not much young people see in it other than having one to register on websites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr etc.. People are more into instant communication these days. Everything needs to be fast.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • Including all Emails I only use for business, and including all Emails I only use as an Admin for customers, more than 30.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I actively use 4 e-mails. My main being Gmail one since I use many Google services.
    Then there are 2 I don't use that much... One is archaic that I only use for nostalgic purposes and when I need to register somewhere I know I won't probably ever come again. And one I used for school-related stuff.
    And the last is my school one.
    Maybe I'll be using the Pokecommunity one if I donate 5 more bucks in the future.
    I don't use emails much but there are cases when they can be useful.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I only have one email that I use for everything. I just check my email for notifications from my classes. I rarely use it to contact other people. I tried to get into the habit of doing that, but I just couldn't hold a conversation over it. I'm also not that tech savvy, so I run into problems all the time when trying new things. XD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I only have 2 emails I use the most - one for entertainment and one for important stuff only

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Three emails. One for personal, one for work/school, and one for PC.

I only use the work/school email for communication, while the other two I just get notifications from forums indicating I either got a PM or a friend request or anything like that. Email nowadays has changed and it's mostly become a last resort for communication...because we could only rely on IMing, or social media.

Years
  • I have my main email, assigned to me from my ISP, 3 or 4 Google emails, and then a Hotmail email I use for Microsoft stuff. I also have my school email address, which I'm sure I'll be using more in the coming weeks.

So far I don't really send out emails on a regular basis, I just receive them.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I keep almost everything on my Outlook.com email address, though I do also have two Office 365 email accounts that I use (and have set auto-forwarding on) provided by educational institutions.

As for Gmail... it's a stub to me :3

Years
  • I own.. several, probably around 6-10. Most of those were created for nabbing extra accounts on forums like PC. I only use 3 of those, though, with my main being the one I check daily. My full name email I only remember to check occasionally and the school email I kind of have to check so yeah. ;(

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I've got roughly three. One that I used all throughout high school, one I am switching to, and the one that is linked to my YouTube channel.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • I used to have many emails for facebook on one game .-. I used to have a lot of accounts but since then I'm now down to only one account, google, and that's all I really need.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I used one main e-mail address, and I have a spare one for using Microsoft services, and another one which I made for my dad to check his phone bill.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I have one email address for family, friends, and personal things and one email address for school and work things. I also have a Facebook and Google email simply because I have a Facebook and Google+/YouTube account, but I don't use them.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I have so many emails...my personal email, my old school email which is the "main" one I use, my grad school email, my work email, my Live email (pretty much exclusively for Xbox Live), and my 4P email. I really need to set up some forwarding or something so I don't have to keep track of all those separately.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I have two email accounts. One is what I use for everything online, and the other I use for "real life" more professional matters. I check the former much more often than the real life one.

Years
  • I've got one main e-mail account, with 2 or 3 other accounts that re-direct to my first one. And if I were to look at my sent messages from my main account, I'd bet I haven't sent more than 15-20 in the last year. It's good for keeping track of newsletters, account information, etc., but I rarely use it as a form of communication.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have about eight to nine email accounts, and at the moment, I only use two. Would've used the other ones, but they always get spammed though; I just had to move away from them.

Years
  • I have 4; a hotmail for general usage, a gmail for Facebook and things where I want a non childish sounding email, an aol for throwaway usage and a uni email.

Back