• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Embaressing mistakes/places to get stuck

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
Years
  • Kay, I think I can beat it. I had no idea what saving a game meant when I first got Pokemon, so I'd play for hours at a time maybe getting far enough to Brock and then shut it off. I couldn't have possibly known there was so much left after that until I stumbled upon the save feature and realized it meant I didn't have to start from the beginning!

Ok, that's pretty special, but at least you made it out of your bedroom!

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • GSC Ice cave, the big slippery ice room where you had to move around in a certain pattern. I finally looked it up, ha.

Then I got stuck for a short time figuring out how to get to Pewter City and finding the Pokeflute... in HGSS.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I remember on my first time playing Diamond, I didn't really understand the concept of training ALL the pokes on my team (it was my first pokemon game) and I actually got stuck on the water gym until my Infernape took it out ALONE. Hence my love of Infernapes, it even took out Gyarados with one close combat.

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • Well, I had an embarassing mistake just a little while into Diamond. I kept trying to fight the gym leader there with a Chimchar, without knowing that its evolution learned Mach Punch.

When I decided to train Chimchar, it eventually reached lvl. 14. I figured out fast Monferno learned Mach Punch from the get-go.

Years
  • Oh I remember one,when I played my Gold like years ago. After defeating Whitney I thought it was odd I got nothing. Then the girl told me that she cries and stuff and I didn't know you had to talk to Whitney again. I got stuck for so long not knowing to talk to her again for the gym badge.

Styxx

Obsessive Breeder
    Years
  • First time in Silver, ice cave, that one patch of ice, the second largest once right before you get to the part where you have to push the boulders into the holes. I could -not- get across it. I had to get my mom to do it, which is about the most embarrassing gaming moment ever, running to mommy to get you outta the scary cave. :\

Also, very first time playing red... I thought I had a head-start because my friend had told me where to go up until Brock... unfortunately I was too dumb to know how to get out of my house for like three minutes or so. >__>

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    In pokemon ruby I remember being stuck in oldale town for ever because I didnt know the exit to petalberg was on the left :p

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • The actions needed in order to encounter each of the Regis individually (the aim for the sky in the middle; right, right, down, down, then use Strength).
    Right before returning home from school for Winter Break, one of my friends performed the action but caught one of them with a Luxury Ball, not an Ultra Ball as I had wanted. So I restarted, but forgot what to do to open the doors within the caves again. I had to wait all Winter Break until I got to school again and my friend showed me how to open the doors again. :nervous: All because of the wrong ball type used to catch the darn Regi! :cer_laugh:

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
  • I'm currently stuck on my HG version because I can't remember how to get Jasmine to battle me, I went ahead and beat Team Rocket at Mahogany Town, captured the red Gyrados, and beat the ice gym, lol.

In my Red version, I was stuck forever in the second cave, the one by the Power Plant that requires flash. (Rock Cave or something?) I didn't realize I had the HM Flash, so it took me forever.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • First time in Silver, ice cave, that one patch of ice, the second largest once right before you get to the part where you have to push the boulders into the holes. I could -not- get across it. I had to get my mom to do it, which is about the most embarrassing gaming moment ever, running to mommy to get you outta the scary cave. :\
    I remember that cave! i had to get a friend to do it.
    Most recent one would probably be the poke flute in SS. i didn't know if i had gotten the update or not and i thought that the channels would only appear in the buttons that you click. Took me about an hour to work out that i needed to tune it. XD

Years
  • This wasn't me, but when pokemon ruby and sapphire first came out, I bought both and let my cousin go on sapphire. We were playing at his house for about 3 hours and I had got 2 badges and was on my way to Mauville, when I looked at his screen and he was running around the truck trying to get out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    my biggest mistake was i wasted the only TM in Red to teach blizzard on articuno who learns it naturally, not only that but it only had to go up ONE level before it would've learned it naturally!!! Epic fail much?

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Kay, I think I can beat it. I had no idea what saving a game meant when I first got Pokemon, so I'd play for hours at a time maybe getting far enough to Brock and then shut it off. I couldn't have possibly known there was so much left after that until I stumbled upon the save feature and realized it meant I didn't have to start from the beginning!

...xDDD I feel sorry for you, man. I don't think I could take that. 8| If I couldn't find the Save feature (luckily it was in the manual <_<), I'd stop after, like, the second time. Beating Brock was always a pain in Yellow, and that's where I often got stuck. I'd have to grind forever to get past. Never caught a Mankey or anything...

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • The only thing i got stuck on was in Pokemon yellow, I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get Pokeballs (at the very start when you have no balls for a while). I am sure I spent an entire day trying to catch pokemon without pokeballs, thinking i must just be blind and there was a pokeball menu somewhere or that I had to wait til a certain time for them to appear in the first pokemart.

I ended up giving up and continuing the story line... then I automatically got the balls and felt like a douche.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    I went into a gym battle with 4 eggs, my quilava and eevee that had just hatched.
    Boy was my face red when my husband found out... >.<

And those stupid puzzles in the gyms in HG! Grawr, I felt so stupid trying to get through them and my husband would come over and tell me to like take a step to the left and it'd get me out.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I remember on my first time playing Diamond, I didn't really understand the concept of training ALL the pokes on my team (it was my first pokemon game) and I actually got stuck on the water gym until my Infernape took it out ALONE. Hence my love of Infernapes, it even took out Gyarados with one close combat.

That concept's a load'a bull anyway, because it usually means you end up having to grind. B| Ape's easily versatile enough to beat the entire game.

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
  • When I first started playing on my friend's Yellow Version, I:

- Didn't know you could save, infact I didn't know the pause menu existed :P Found it by accident one day.

- Didn't know there was a mart in Viridian, so I just aimlessly roamed about on routes 1 and 22 training Pikachu :P One day I found it and got Oak's parcel, and I was away :) .

- It took me ages to realise that Thunder Wave didn't do any damage, and even longer to realise that Electric doesn't affect Brock's Pokémon.

Good times ahaha :P .

Back