• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: EmberOrange -- Back and Better than Ever!

Do my graphics and maps make EmberOrange feel like a real Orange Islands game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Just to ask, did you pay attention to the storyline? It states in there that you get a shiny Shuckle as the starter.

Also, the old thread died before you even joined. The link is still in the first post.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Ahh! OMG I totally forgot! Sorry! I did read it. God now I feel like I spammed! Sorry again!

Shiny Shuckle, huh? How are you going to pull off the "Shiny 100% sure" part?

Yes, I know the thread died before I joined... but I wanted to make myself sound like I knew about the hack :D

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Ahh! OMG I totally forgot! Sorry! I did read it. God now I feel like I spammed! Sorry again!

Shiny Shuckle, huh? How are you going to pull off the "Shiny 100% sure" part?

Yes, I know the thread died before I joined... but I wanted to make myself sound like I knew about the hack :D

Yeah im little curious on how your going to pull off the shiny shuckle as well.

Its a very nice hack Don, i cant wait to play it at its fullest.

EDIT: Do you think you might consider releasing betas? just curious?

Last edited:

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
  • Yeah im little curious on how your going to pull off the shiny shuckle as well.

Its a very nice hack Don, i cant wait to play it at its fullest.

EDIT: Do you think you might consider releasing betas? just curious?

He already stated he isn't, so don't bother asking. :(

Anyways, I hope the best of luck to you, Don, as this hack was probably an anticipated one before I joined. Good luck with your hack, don't get uninspired, and keep going~

Oh, and keep many backups. You never know when it'll crash on you :(

Years
  • He already stated he isn't, so don't bother asking. :(

Anyways, I hope the best of luck to you, Don, as this hack was probably an anticipated one before I joined. Good luck with your hack, don't get uninspired, and keep going~

Oh, and keep many backups. You never know when it'll crash on you :(
    Thanks for telling him that I will never release a beta, at not to even ask. And don't worry, I know to keep many back-ups. (Truthfully, EO crashed twice and I had to start from scratch.)

And about the shiny Shuckle, I will either find a some offset in hex that will allow it to be always shiny, but if I can't do that, I will probably just insert him as a new Pokémon. And, if you are wondering, crystal Onix will be an entirely new Pokémon too.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Thanks for telling him that I will never release a beta, at not to even ask. And don't worry, I know to keep many back-ups. (Truthfully, EO crashed twice and I had to start from scratch.)

And about the shiny Shuckle, I will either find a some offset in hex that will allow it to be always shiny, but if I can't do that, I will probably just insert him as a new Pokémon. And, if you are wondering, crystal Onix will be an entirely new Pokémon too.

I have an idea about how to make it Shiny for sure (except 1/1982 (or something like that) it would be a normal Shuckle). Too bad there isn't a PokePic out there compatible for FR. All you have to do is switch around the Shiny and Normal sprites, and 1981/1982 times, it will appear as a Shiny Shuckle. And since it's the starting pokemon, you probably won't be encountering it in the wild? *goes to check list* crap, what type is Shuckle? *goes to look at list again* Oh, it is going to appear in the wild? Well then forget that. Anyway, there's no PokePic for FR.

So where are you in the hack now?

Years
  • Actually, that list is for all the Pokémon in EmberOrange, not just wild ones. About the shiny Shuckle, I remeber that everytime I had edited a shiny Pokémon with my Monster Brain, the gender was always 234. Maybe I can work with that somehow.

And as I said, I am not too far (Been helping foofatron with Iolite). I just got done with the first route. (Don't expect screenshots until tomorrow, though.)

zak

xpert trainer
    Years

cant wait for more screenies, your tiles are amazing man cant wait to see how you use em.

Years
  • No offense or anything, but that banner is kinda defunct. The spelling of EmberOrange is wrong. (You can still use it if you want to support EO though.)

Anyway, I should have a snow day tomorrow, so I will post some more screenshots.

Years
  • Well, I kinda lost my jump drive, so until I find it, I can not work on EmberOrange. (I think I left it at school, so I should be able to get it tomorrow.)

Anyway, I just made another house that will be in EO.

EmberOrange -- Back and Better than Ever!

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Man! Thats looks really cool. Im Defnetly playing that when you finshie it. I always wanted a pokemon game that takes place in the Orange Islands :D

userpr

Quilava Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    The screens are fantastic and the Orange islands happen to be my second favorite region in the anime other than Johto. So you can be sure I'll play this hack when its done. Good luck.

EDIT: I couldn't help but notice that Cyndaquil isn't on the list of pokemon.xP

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    Wow the this hack looks awsome. I really hope you finish it. For most people the only flaw in their hack ends up being how long it is. At least with the shortened story line (four badges) you should be able to finish it.

Good Luck

Years
  • Finally! Two new screenshots! It is of Route A. (Routes are lettered, not numbered.)

EmberOrange -- Back and Better than Ever! EmberOrange -- Back and Better than Ever!

@frankfortor: Actually, the hack will be longer than most regular Pokémon games. There will be many sidequests, and some are required to progress further.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back