• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Emerald and its impact on OR/AS?

James

Make it double!
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Staff Note: As of June 27 this will now be the hub for all discussions related to a possible Emerald remake as well as what Emerald content might be brought over to OR/AS. Do you think we'll get an Emerald version or are you of the opinion that features from Emerald will be put into Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? Discuss!

I know that its still pretty early (seeing as how the reveal for Alpha and Omega were yesterday) but does anyone have any fun theories on what they would call Emerald if they decided to do a remake of that? I know that the Alpha and Omega are references to the Christian god in the bible, but there are 22 other Greek letters and i would assume they would want the game to follow the same naming scheme if they were going to make this. Also, would anyone other than myself absolutely love to see a Emerald remake??

Last edited by a moderator:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I was in a chat yesterday and someone mentioned the middle letters of the Greek alphabet, given that Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters, are 'Mu' and 'Nu,' pronounced 'me' and 'knee' so that the new Emerald could be called Mini Emerald. :p

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm pretty confident that the new games would be implementing all the features that they wish to see from Emerald, into Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. If they follow the traditional remake route, like in FRLG, and HGSS, there will be two games that will be expanded to include a large chunk of the original game's third expansion. So personally, I wouldn't like to see a third remake. I loved Emerald, and the story was better than the one in Ruby & Sapphire, however I really think that the two remakes will expand enough to not warrant a third installment. I think they pretty much solidified the fact that there won't be a trio of remakes here. We'll see a lot of Emerald's qualities in the two games I imagine.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't think we will get an Emerald remake too, if they were going to remake Emerald they would have announced that along with ORAS. I'm pretty sure that they will incorporate the features from Emerald into ORAS, just like they did with HGSS.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • If they don't have Emerald qualities and still remake them like before (storyish and game features) I would love to see Emerald but idk if mini emerald would be quenched with the name. But also I have to ask, if Kyogre and Groudon are mega evolved, would Rayquaza be mega evolved too?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I don't think we will get an Emerald remake too, if they were going to remake Emerald they would have announced that along with ORAS. I'm pretty sure that they will incorporate the features from Emerald into ORAS, just like they did with HGSS.

I think OP is pretty aware of that, at least that's how I took it. They're just asking a "What if.." question.

I'd have to go with Gamma Emerald. It just..sounds the best out of the alphabet to me. I say the alphabet because I highly doubt a company in Japan would name games with a Christian mind-set when they aren't Christian and the majority of their players aren't either.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I was in a chat yesterday and someone mentioned the middle letters of the Greek alphabet, given that Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters, are 'Mu' and 'Nu,' pronounced 'me' and 'knee' so that the new Emerald could be called Mini Emerald. :p

Were you talking to Jin? He said the exact same thing to me. {XD}

I don't think they'll make an Emerald, though. I can see them just going for the HGSS route and combining Emerald's story into the new games somehow.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I doubt they'll release an Emerald. If they want to bring anything from Emerald, they could easily put it in these remakes.

Thing is is that they would maybe make more money with having another Pokemon game and release it a year later or something.

I'm really not sure actually with which route they'll take. I have my doubts but you really never know.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I had fun thinking up what a theoretical Emerald remake would be called like WaterBlue/Lightning Yellow, and MindCrystal that were theorized. I got ChiEmerald (the greek letter that looks like an X) for one Rayquaza's head looks like the letter, and two Chi is used to symbolized Christ (Xmas still means Christmas as the X is called Chi...) so it fits with the Biblical feel of the Alpha and the Omega. Third Rayquaza is the savior figure of the game barring the character.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I had fun thinking up what a theoretical Emerald remake would be called like WaterBlue/Lightning Yellow, and MindCrystal that were theorized. I got ChiEmerald (the greek letter that looks like an X) for one Rayquaza's head looks like the letter, and two Chi is used to symbolized Christ (Xmas still means Christmas as the X is called Chi...) so it fits with the Biblical feel of the Alpha and the Omega. Third Rayquaza is the savior figure of the game barring the character.

That's an interesting idea to say the least. It would be nice to feature Rayquaza as a 'saviour' as he does do a lot for the region. Sky Tower could look a lot more majestic just because of this.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Pokemon Gamma

Ever thought of an Emerald remake? I can see one, "Pokemon Gamma". The reason I think it would be Gamma is because the Mega Evolution of Rayquaza would be Gamma Rayquaza. Something sound strange? Gamma Ray and then add quaza. That just makes me think that since they went with the Greek Alphabet letters that they will make a Gamma Rayquaza. But it could be unlikely because of the fact that these games will be a remake, this means that they may just go with the two rather than bothering making another remake, but by then I think Gamefreak would just be profiting by just making remakes... However I think it would be cool as long as they made it different from ASOR. This is still looking way into the future buuuut... What say you?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    There won't be a third version for the remakes.
    FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes of the original Red and Green Versions from Japan. Blue(jp)/Yellow(us) versions never had a remake.
    HeartGold and SoulSilver were remakes of the original Gold and Silver. There was no remake for Crystal.
    And now, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are remakes of the original Ruby and Sapphire versions. I doubt that they'll break their pattern of creating a third version of Emerald. =/

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    The remakes will take elements from Emerald, just like what happened with HGSS and Crystal. An Emerald remake is unnecessary, and would also break the alpha/omega naming scheme.

They didn't choose Alpha and Omega simply because they thought Greek letters were cool. Alpha is the first letter, and Omega is the last letter - and they also are often used to refer to the beginning and ending, respectively, for this reason.

Kyogre and Groudon's mythology are built around being responsible for creating Hoenn with their massive powers. That's the beginning - what the Alpha refers to. When one (or maybe both, depending on how much they borrow from Emerald) is released, causing a weather crisis, Hoenn is put in serious danger of being destroyed if someone doesn't fix them. This is the ending, - the omega part.

Gamma meanwhile wouldn't fit.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    That's what I was thinking. I was just wondering what others thought about it.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • Yeah, as has already been mentioned, it's very unlikely that they'll add an Emerald remake as features from Emerald (namely Battle Frontier) are likely to be included in ORAS.

If they were to do so, however, I'd love it if this picture was true ;)
    Emerald and its impact on OR/AS?

Years
  • I don't know, the remake of a sequel seems a bit redundant to me. Seriously doubt Game Freak will spend extra time creating a third remake for the Hoenn region. They could spend that time developing the seventh generation, or something greater. I'll be content with ORAS. :]

Back