• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Emerald and its impact on OR/AS?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Delta Emerald

Serebii posted a new trademark made by Nintendo a few hours ago. This trademark is named 'Delta Emerald'.

An Emerald remake is just so unlikely. Why would they trademark such a name in the first place?
    I don't think remake of Emerald is going to happen, since that would destroy the sales of ORAS.

What do you think? Would you buy a remake? Why do you think Nintendo registered such a name?
    Discuss!

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • They have registered Water Blue a while back too.

I think this is just to secure a name just in case they would want to use it or wouldn't want someone else to use it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    While I admit that anything could happen and we may receive a separate Emerald remake, not only would Delta Emerald not go well along with the titles of Alpha and Omega, but SaniOKh is absolutely correct--even Serebii brings up the WaterBlue trademark in the post the thread creator refers to:
    Serebii said:
    A new trademark has been discovered as being registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. This trademark is for デルタエメラルド Delta Emerald. In addition to this, in the US, at the same time as the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire domains were registered, one was registered for Pokémon Delta Emerald. This trademark registration is not likely to be indicative of a game release, but rather covering bases in a similar manner to the registration of Pokémon Water Blue back in 2004 and numerous other Pokémon names over the past 10 years.
    Yes, it's possible, but as both posters above me have said, highly unlikely. Companies always trademark any possible names to make sure no one else can take them--it doesn't matter if they will be using the names or not, as long as other companies can't utilize similar names. It's a business tactic, and I'm certain it's the cause for this trademark, just like the others that were never used.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    The difference here between Water Blue and Delta Emerald is that Water Blue was probably registered not because they wanted to actually make a Water Blue, but because they were unsure of releasing LeafGreen in the West as LeafGreen, since Green was never released in the west. The decision was eventually made to just release LeafGreen in the West as LeafGreen anyway, thus making that registration redundant. This trademark is for something that counts as a legitimate third version. That being said, I don't think this will go anywhere: as they've proven with previous remakes, they will most likely incorporate elements of the third version into the remakes anyway. Though this got me thinking: was a Crystal-based trademark ever registered?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well, pokemon remakes have never included the third game. That's not to say in the future when they get around to remaking the same games they've already remade they won't just use the third game in the generation to give us a different experience. Which could very likely be what they're doing and they're just securing the name so nobody else tries to thwart their evil plans.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Just for clarification, these names do not apply to the TCG sets, right?

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • They did this with Pokémon Grey as well. They just secure it in case they want to make it into a game and, even if they did, they would release it after ORAS because it would hurt the sales of ORAS otherwise. In addition, looking into the past Ruby and Sapphire were the primary games and Emerald was the reboot. The same applies to Diamond & Pearl; they came first and Platinum came later.

Armed with this knowledge and the knowledge that GF have decided to trademark Delta Emerald we can speculate its release about a year or so after ORAS is released or that it will just be a name like Pokémon Water Blue and Pokémon Grey.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • For all the reasons mentioned above I also don't think an Emerald remake is very likely (if likely at all). Nintendo or GF could trademark anything and it can't be used as definite proof that it's an actual thing they plan to make. However, it does make you wonder if Rayquaza will also get a fancy glowing new form like Groudon and Kyogre.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Nintendo always registers trademarks just to cover all their bases, like Pokemon Water Blue, Pokemon Brown, Pokemon Purple, Pokemon Crimson... etc.
    I think it's entirely possible they could and would remake Emerald, seeing as how Generation V introduced a major deviation from the formula, but I'm not holding my breath haha.

Years
  • Like it has been said already they trademarked Water blue and Grey in the past, so this doesn't confirm a third version of the remakes.
    Since after that I wrote a pretty long post but lost it due to a failure of my browser here's the short version:

I find the choice of delta weird, even though I can identify the simbol on rayquaza's body(with a bit of imagination).

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    If they decided to remake Emerald, they'd probably do Eternal Emerald or something. Idk, I'm not creative with names.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Like it has been said already they trademarked Water blue and Grey in the past, so this doesn't confirm a third version of the remakes.
    Since after that I wrote a pretty long post but lost it due to a failure of my browser here's the short version:

I find the choice of delta weird, even though I can identify the simbol on rayquaza's body(with a bit of imagination).
    I wonder about the symbol too. Theta is easy to see with the circles (the lines connecting them could've moved to the center). Chi is easy to see with the X shape of it's head. Psy is easy to see with the Y. But in the end Delta fits (funny I told a friend of mine who had thought up of naming something Alpha, Omega that if he were to make a third it should be Delta as it means change which is like the driver from the start to the end...) with Omega and Alpha. The circles on it could become triangles. Maybe it's Mega/forme will reference the copyright by having the Delta symbol.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • It'd be nice if DeltaEmerald came out as a sequel to Hoenn in a year or two :) but not sure what else would go alongside it, as there are always two versions lol

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    WOOOOO, Delta Emerald!!!! Oh man, i so want this to be the real deal. I had a huntch that this would happen. It kind of throws you off since they never did a Crystal remake, but oh man Mega Rayquaza will make me nerdgasim.

Years
  • It'd be nice if DeltaEmerald came out as a sequel to Hoenn in a year or two :) but not sure what else would go alongside it, as there are always two versions lol

Emerald was a third version, it'll be strange if they made it a sequel. I don't think DeltaEmerald will happen. It'll most likely be like MindCrystal (not sure if they copyrighted that one), and LightingYellow/WaterBlue before it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I heard about that Delta Emerald trademark being taken by GameFreak or something. Sounds cool, but I doubt its going to happen. I think they registered a trademark for Water Blue back in 2004, but it was never released. I think they've just taken it incase they might need it, but I doubt it.

Years
  • Guys it's been trademarked in case they need it, they trademark Pokemon WaterBlue and Pokemon Grey as well even though they were never needed.

I know that they debated whether to use WaterBlue or LeafGreen. Wonder if they had thought of making Grey originally like it's rumored. Also maybe they thought of remaking only Emerald as it's story was longer (and better) than Ruby and Sapphire's. If that was the case maybe OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire will use Emerald's story after all, as they probably thought that they could just use Emerald's story for those two with minor changes and make more money too.

Back