• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Emerald and its impact on OR/AS?

Years
  • Well, judging by the current pattern of remakes, I doubt Emerald will be remade since none of the third games have been done.

That being said, if they ever plan to do a second remake, they could well go with tertiary games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Perhaps Delta also fits in as one of it's meanings "Change" can fit in with "Climate Change" which is what the other two are doing. Or the "Difference" between Land and Sea being reconciled?

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    They actually trademarked the name "Delta Emerald" though I doubt they will use it. They did the same thing when Firered/Leafgreen came out, and trademarked "Water Blue". Its probably going to be like HG/SS where both games have features from Emerald.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think it would be really cool if ORAS were remakes, and "Delta" Emerald was made to be a sequel. It might be hoping for a lot, but it would be the best of both worlds. :) Seeing the RSE we love up to par with the current generation AND getting a sequel to it.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I think it would be really cool if ORAS were remakes, and "Delta" Emerald was made to be a sequel. It might be hoping for a lot, but it would be the best of both worlds. :) Seeing the RSE we love up to par with the current generation AND getting a sequel to it.

Or they make Delta Emerald like a Hoenn Sequel/Kalos Prequel? It is kinda far off but I guess it would still be possible considering GF one-upped us before in Gen 5 with B2W2 haha.

Years
  • I think some of us put to much emphasis on patterns while some of us put to much emphasis on the one time those patterns were broken...
    If only Diamond hadn't been used...they could used that for the couple for a Emerald named game being a sequel. After all RSED are considerd the four precious stones (I guess that's why D came directly after Emerald in the maingame sequence). I guess Diamond being used is like how Zygarde doesn't look like a W (White(2) (W!) coincidentally came before X...). Guess one sequel could work? I still think that they won't go that route. Better not to hope too much than to be upset.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Water Blue and Delta Emerald are the names of the RE-Remakes for Gen9-10.

The real reason is to stop me from legally publishing a game called "Delta Emerald" a FPS with a purposely misleading title that implies a connection to the Pokemon games ORAS.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Water Blue and Delta Emerald are the names of the RE-Remakes for Gen9-10.

The real reason is to stop me from legally publishing a game called "Delta Emerald" a FPS with a purposely misleading title that implies a connection to the Pokemon games ORAS.

Yeah, I never knew, but I guess they did trademark other titles in the past. So it could have no significance whatsoever.

Kinda glad though, honestly. I prefer a Ruby/Emerald and Sapphire/Emerald storyline in each game rather than 3 separate ones all over again.

Years
  • Delta Emerald was reportedly trademarked by Nintendo on May 29th, which could be foreshadowing of a third remake. This would definitely surprise me, as there was no remake for Crystal or Yellow, but there's a first for everything, I guess. Maybe we'll get some information towards that at E3 this month. o:

Years
  • Delta Emerald was reportedly trademarked by Nintendo on May 29th, which could be foreshadowing of a third remake. This would definitely surprise me, as there was no remake for Crystal or Yellow, but there's a first for everything, I guess. Maybe we'll get some information towards that at E3 this month. o:

Maybe.
    Now that we know that the story for ORAS is most similar to RS compared to Emerald's then it's possible that they'll make Delta Emerald in order to give that story a rehash. Or maybe later on reveal that there's another story mode called Delta Emerald Mode that allows us to play the story of Delta Emerald opposed to the default stories...

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Maybe.
    Now that we know that the story for ORAS is most similar to RS compared to Emerald's then it's possible that they'll make Delta Emerald in order to give that story a rehash. Or maybe later on reveal that there's another story mode called Delta Emerald Mode that allows us to play the story of Delta Emerald opposed to the default stories...

That's a good idea like the hard mode you have the access to the emerald's storyline after the main storyline..

Years
  • It's already said that it'll have one team for each game rather than both, so Emerald's story as of now looks unlikely. Unless they follow RS' story but doesn't allow us to capture our Mascot. Post game or shortly after the league (like in BW) the mascot and the other clash forcing us to get Rayquaza to stop it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The official website for ORAS has gone up, and with it, this little blurb of text:
    You'll encounter two organizations in Hoenn that are in a struggle for control: Team Magma and Team Aqua. ...

In Pokémon Omega Ruby, Team Magma will seize more power to achieve its goals. Team Aqua plays the more prominent role in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. In both versions, you will find yourself drawn into the conflict!
    That, along with these screenshots provided by Serebii, tell me that ORAS will actually follow the plot closer to Emerald's, since both teams will be evil.

From Omega Ruby:
    Spoiler:

And from Alpha Sapphire:
    Spoiler:

As we know, in Ruby, Team Aqua did not want to expand the seas, and in Sapphire, Team Magma did not want to expand the lands.

Since both teams will be against you in these games, it makes the need (and probability) of Delta Emerald even lesser than before.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    It might just be that one team is more prominent in one game than the other while sticking to the same basic Aqua versus Magma story of Emerald.

Years
  • The official website for ORAS has gone up, and with it, this little blurb of text:

That, along with these screenshots provided by Serebii, tell me that ORAS will actually follow the plot closer to Emerald's, since both teams will be evil.

From Omega Ruby:
    Spoiler:

And from Alpha Sapphire:
    Spoiler:

As we know, in Ruby, Team Aqua did not want to expand the seas, and in Sapphire, Team Magma did not want to expand the lands.

Since both teams will be against you in these games, it makes the need (and probability) of Delta Emerald even lesser than before.

I noticed that too. But then I remembered that Magma and Aqua were in both RS too, with both battling at Mt. Chimney. However the fact that they mention one plays a more prominent role hints that maybe the opposite team will appear more than in the Original RS. Irc they only appeared at Mt. Chimney, and after the other team has already awakened the mascot. So I hope that the other team will still be there and try to awaken their legend, but only our version's main organization Primal Reverses their legendary (aka our mascot). Maybe we'll need to bring Rayquaza to weaken the opposite mascot and our Primal reversioned mascot, but the mascot could escape. Or maybe attack Rayquaza. It could try to absorb their (remaining) energy too since according to the official site Groudon and Kyogre fought to get the other's natural power.

Years
  • The official website for ORAS has gone up, and with it, this little blurb of text:

On the contrary. In the second trailer that was released during E3, right before showing off the Team Magma/Aqua screenshots, a blurb of text reads 'Two different tales await you!' Second, Serebii's page for Team Magma and Aqua states that the games will be running similarly to Ruby and Sapphire, with the evil team you face depending on the version you buy.

Back