• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Empoleon, Torterra, or Infernape

Which is YOUR favorite Sinnoh starter evolution?

• Empoleon

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Infernape

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • Torterra

Votes: 70 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
Years
  • I dont really have a favourite. I haven't played through them all. The only one i played through was empoleon and he wasn't exactly the greatest...

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Empoleon is my favorite from these three. As a matter of fact I've never chose a Turtwig before..0_0 That Penguin took over my heart.

Years
  • Infernape is my fave, which is strange for me cos I don't usually go for the fire starters. But this one just looked too cool to not choose ;D

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    Torterra will PWN Both Infernape and Empoleon with Earthquake! I just love the tough looks of torterra, especially the top of its shell.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Definitely Torterra. I've been a longtime fan of the the World Turtle myth of various Native American tribes and it was pretty slick to be able to see a pokemon based on the concept. :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Though I haven't played any of them, Infernape. It simply looks the coolest and have one of my fav type combinations. Fire/Fighting.

I loved Blaziken for that too.

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
  • Torterra is my favourite, for the simple reason of it being my first DPPt starter, and having a unique type combination of Grass and Ground.

Years
  • Torterra has always been a fun Pokemon to use for me. The other two might be competively better, but I never really could get into playing any of them.
    I find 'ape ok, but not great, but ok. And then there's Empoleon...To be honest, I never even had a Priplup yet because Piplup is such an incredible pain to use...

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I was stuck between Empoleon and Torterra, but in the end I went with Empoleon. Ever since I seen him use Drill Peck in the anime I started to see him in a different light, I think he's so cool now haha xD

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Mine is Infernape, my is a total BEAST!

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • INFERNAPE.
    Great speed and ATK, have Nasty Plot, Grass Knot, Flamethrower and Close Combat in its moveset and youre guaranteed to have an absolutely deadly sweeper that will sweep EVERTYTHING, well uh, nearly everything. XD I also like Empoleon, but not as much as nasty plot mixape Infernape! XD

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    My Favorite is Empoleon.
    Piplup is My Favorite Starter and He has a Awesome evo.
    So whats not to Love :D

PokeWe

Yo.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    For some reason I never liked Empoleon. Torterra and EQ are boss.

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • Torterra. All the way Torterra. I like his awesome design and I've always loved having Ground/anything. And, what can I say? I'm a sucker for turtles :)

Back