• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End Of The World???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    If the Mayans were so omniscient and all-knowing about the future, then how come they didn't realize the Spanish weren't their friends?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    If the Mayans were so omniscient and all-knowing about the future, then how come they didn't realize the Spanish weren't their friends?

Ouch. You hit them hard with that one. Right below the belt :P

But it's true. Jaimes made another excellent point.

"if what the mayans said were true, why doesn't any rationable person ever think of this?"

Or something to that effect. And it's true. I never heard of this crap, untill I've seen this thread. What? The government is keeping this from me? Yeah. They really spent their time keeping 1,000 year old mayan secrets from us.

ddogg1212

Cherish Ball KING
    Years
    watch this, zeitgeist its a really REALLY well made movie about alot of events in history that can lead to our demise, it has biblical, political, and scientifical facts. i think we should make a new thread about this movie, its really good.

by the way, its 2 hrs long, but its so worth watching it.

did anyone watch it? its really good

Rob462

My FC is 4167 5907 8245, Rob
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Well you retards stop talking about the death of our great nation. Most of you have now idea what you guys are talking about. The only this **** is if you give me some real proof not from a tv show on discovery, History channel, and whatever stupid ****ing retarted shows that talk about the end of the world. This world will never end in any ones of our life times. So who gives a ****ing ****. The people that will be alive when the will end will be our great grandchildren. So just give up on this stupid ****ing conversation the world will never end in our life.

Thank You

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well you retards stop talking about the death of our great nation. Most of you have now idea what you guys are talking about. The only this **** is if you give me some real proof not from a tv show on discovery, History channel, and whatever stupid ****ing retarted shows that talk about the end of the world. This world will never end in any ones of our life times. So who gives a ****ing ****. The people that will be alive when the will end will be our great grandchildren. So just give up on this stupid ****ing conversation the world will never end in our life.

Thank You

You know swearing repeatedly and rewording the same thing over and over again DOES NOT make your point any stronger, it only made me not take you seriously.

Not to mention you could be wrong. Global Warming isn't exactly helping the cause and you never know if the Mayans are correct or not. There are so many things that could screw us up so I wouldn't say our "great nation" is invincible. You know that attitude didn't really help Great Britain much during the American Revolution, now did it?

Rob462

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    This is serious!!!!!!!!!

Well what i realy think will happen is dinosaurs will come back and eat us all alive. I heard this on Discovery Channel, History Channel, Disney Channel, Cartoon network, nickleoden, TBS, PBS, FOX NEWS, Family, Family Guy, The super bowl.

PS- The world will end in Dec. 21, 2012.

Ok elvis boy go eat a peanut butter and banna sandwich u stupid *****.

You know swearing repeatedly and rewording the same thing over and over again DOES NOT make your point any stronger, it only made me not take you seriously.

Not to mention you could be wrong. Global Warming isn't exactly helping the cause and you never know if the Mayans are correct or not. There are so many things that could screw us up so I wouldn't say our "great nation" is invincible. You know that attitude didn't really help Great Britain much during the American Revolution, now did it?

Well our nation is great it is invincble to most thing. We have missle defence systems in every state this can shoot down any nukes or terroist attacks. You stupid son of a *****.

"OHHH yah also in every state there are hookers and pimps i am the pimp and you are the ho. PIMP SLAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

THANK YOU
    PS-Elvis boy stfu

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Well our nation is great it is invincble to most thing. We have missle defence systems in every state this can shoot down any nukes or terroist attacks. You stupid son of a *****.

No America doesn't. Nor do I recall them being able to shoot down the terrorist attack of 9/11.

On the matter of being stupid, you sound like an ignorant nationalist (and from your post in the immigration thread, racist as well) who can't spell or string together a grammatically correct sentence without having most of it censored out.

*reports*

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    You know I don't take Elvis Boy as an insult considering he outsold anybody you listen to lol

I'm going to ignore you now and wait until the moderator shows up now ^_^ For the record missiles cannot shoot down category 5 hurricanes.

As for what I think the end of the world will be sometime not too soon, I doubt it's coming right around the corner. I personally don't think the Mayans will be correct but if they are...darn it! lol

More likely our reliance on oil will catch up with us once we run out and/or what global warming could/will do to us. I don't like to worry about it much, since everybody will eventually die.

I'm not to excited about what could be our fate, but it's too hard to tell so we can only guess and hope it isn't anytime soon. So meh.

Rob462

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    No America doesn't. Nor do I recall them being able to shoot down the terrorist attack of 9/11.

On the matter of being stupid, you sound like an ignorant nationalist (and from your post in the immigration thread, racist as well) who can't spell or string together a grammatically correct sentence without having most of it censored out.

*reports*

well yes i am racist i do suck a grammar but they did put up new missle defence systems in about 3 states.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I doubt this is gonna happen. Very highly doubt. The mayans were VERY accurate with their calanders, but not very accurate with "events". They were off by several hundred years at a time, and also, its not that hard to predict something and have it happen.

I could have tell you right now that there is gonna be a war in 100 years. That could happen, and if it does, it doesn't mean I predicted it. If it happens in 50 years, or 200 years, I could just say, "well, I guess it was gonna happen, didn't I?".. its the same thing the Mayans did.

Now about this global warming issue.. to quote one of my favorite comedians:

We have rockets. We have saran wrap. GO FIX IT.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years

Thank You

Well what i realy think will happen is dinosaurs will come back and eat us all alive. I heard this on Discovery Channel, History Channel, Disney Channel, Cartoon network, nickleoden, TBS, PBS, FOX NEWS, Family, Family Guy, The super bowl.

PS- The world will end in Dec. 21, 2012.

Ok elvis boy go eat a peanut butter and banna sandwich u stupid *****.

"OHHH yah also in every state there are hookers and pimps i am the pimp and you are the ho. PIMP SLAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

THANK YOU
    PS-Elvis boy stfu

That's completely unnecessary, you're being very inappropriate to the other members; and any sort of swear words are not allowed on PC. If you have a problem with this, you're free to PM me, but I don't want to see another post like these by you in this thread.

Rob462

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    You know I don't take Elvis Boy as an insult considering he outsold anybody you listen to lol

I'm going to ignore you now and wait until the moderator shows up now ^_^ For the record missiles cannot shoot down category 5 hurricanes.

As for what I think the end of the world will be sometime not too soon, I doubt it's coming right around the corner. I personally don't think the Mayans will be correct but if they are...darn it! lol

More likely our reliance on oil will catch up with us once we run out and/or what global warming could/will do to us. I don't like to worry about it much, since everybody will eventually die.

I'm not to excited about what could be our fate, but it's too hard to tell so we can only guess and hope it isn't anytime soon. So meh.

Dude your 58 and your on a pokemon chat talking about death. You'll die soon anyway who gives your just a waste of a body.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Dude your 58 and your on a pokemon chat talking about death. You'll die soon anyway who gives your just a waste of a body.

Did you not read the post I just made? This is spam, and disrespectful to Anti-Pop. You'd best read the rules before doing anything else on the forums~

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    You're a very optimistic person. Just quit while you're.. just quit. ;/

The hilarious thing again in this, is that my friend in PE just brought it up a couple days ago. We had a heated debate over it, and I won xP. He claimed that they predicted wars. I said "There have been wars all over the world at almost every time in the history of civilization except for a 200 year period." He said "but still, they were right about September 11th." I said that there calanders were different than ours, there's no way that they could have predicted "september 11th." I think I may have been wrong there though XDD

ddogg1212

Cherish Ball KING
    Years
    ok well first off historians aren't sure if the Mayans thought dec 21 2012 would be the end of the world or just the start of a new age. what they did know was this: The Mayans believed that the sun had undergone 4 changes before, each one would be considered an age, we, currently, are in the 5th sun cycle, or age. this sun cycle will end on 12-21-2012 according to the mayan calendars.

To incorporate actual science and facts to this, on that date exactly, the north and south poles are going to woble like 45 degrees or something, whatever it is, its gonna be pretty dramatic, although nothing will happen to us at that moment, this shift in the poles will severely weaken earth's magnetic field.

Also, during this time the sunspots on the sun will be very high. [just in case u wana research this or learn About Sunspots go there. wikipedia is good too]

when sunspots are really strong, solar flares can reach the earth, but thanks to our atmosphere and magnetic field, they dont come close enough to hurt us. strong enough solar flares also collide with radio signals and can cause huge disasters(for example, if terrorists were to attack, say new york or D.C. or something, and the US tried to contact another nation for help, their signal might not make it thanks to the solar flares.

so my point is that if our magnetic field is weakened by the poles shifting and the solar flares make their way down here and mess up our radio waves, we could be in danger of an attack from an enemy country that can start another big war.

We'll have to wait to see if anything happens.

a really good movie bout this kind of stuff(2 hrs long)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    ok well first off historians aren't sure if the Mayans thought dec 21 2012 would be the end of the world or just the start of a new age.
    It was determined by a NewAge theorist that impeding doom would fall on Dec 21. Any decent historian agrees that the date is not only unreliable in concordance with a gregorian calendar, but also dreamt up within the past few decades. >_>

To incorporate actual science and facts to this, on that date exactly, the north and south poles are going to woble like 45 degrees or something, whatever it is, its gonna be pretty dramatic, although nothing will happen to us at that moment, this shift in the poles will severely weaken earth's magnetic field.
    If you'd like to explain how and why this would occur with some reliable sources, then people would actually take your 'science and facts' seriously. I do wonder how a pole can wobble though. ¬_¬

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    It was determined by a NewAge theorist that impeding doom would fall on Dec 21. Any decent historian agrees that the date is not only unreliable in concordance with a gregorian calendar, but also dreamt up within the past few decades. >_>

If you'd like to explain how and why this would occur with some reliable sources, then people would actually take your 'science and facts' seriously. I do wonder how a pole can wobble though. ¬_¬

I'd also like to know the EXACT TIME this would happen.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Probably during the whole day. The wobble sounds dramatic, so it may take time.

I've heard on Yahoo!News that they have now currently installed some Doomsday safety device near / in the North Pole.

ddogg1212

Cherish Ball KING
    Years

here are ur Facts

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back