• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End Of The World???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I also checked it on Wikipedia. It also talks about the Pole Shift Theory.

Edit: Sims, did you even bother to check other sources on your own? You'll find that ddogg1212 was correct, even according to various resources.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2008
    Yup. I saw the documentary. The proof, to me, is undeniable.
    I wish it won't happen though.

ddogg1212

Cherish Ball KING
    Years
    wait, i found something out! ok i was wrong, for this i am sorry. but now it makes more sense! its not the earth that will reverse it's poles, its the sun! here

ddogg1212

Cherish Ball KING
    Years
    Yup. I saw the documentary. The proof, to me, is undeniable.
    I wish it won't happen though.

its amazing isnt it, and those chips, really are real, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip_Corp.

It still mentions nothing on the World's End.

the world ISNT gonna end! like i said before, its just the end of this age into the next, read everything next time

some more info, this one is about the aztec predictions(very, VERY similar to the mayan predictions

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    its amazing isnt it, and those chips, really are real, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip_Corp.

the world ISNT gonna end! like i said before, its just the end of this age into the next, read everything next time

some more info, this one is about the aztec predictions(very, VERY similar to the mayan predictions

Then this is the wrong thread. Only about the theory of when the world will end. If this has nothing to do with when we will all go byew bye, it's all useless info.

watch this, zeitgeist its a really REALLY well made movie about alot of events in history that can lead to our demise, it has biblical, political, and scientifical facts. i think we should make a new thread about this movie, its really good.

by the way, its 2 hrs long, but its so worth watching it.

Especially when you post something like this, clearly stating how we will "meet our demise".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    wait, i found something out! ok i was wrong, for this i am sorry. but now it makes more sense! its not the earth that will reverse it's poles, its the sun! here
    LOL. Something which happens every 11 years? Wow... that's one good prediction. Not a single decent source I have looked at has determined that this will occur on Dec 21st as well.

While talking about RELIABLE sources, some of the sites you linked too, (specifically the ones with the huge "Survive 2012!" text) was a load of crap. The author, who wrote the article to plug his own book, also seems to believe in mythological beasts and different Gods ranging from Aztec, to Egyptian, Pagan and even Qi. No offence, but this guy was a nut.
    Using results of Google from unreliable, unsourced and unprofessional sites, is just ...meh. I'm tempted to link to the 'Invisible Pink Unicorn' website.

But the mayans said it will.... O_o
    So you reckon something will happen on the Dec 21st 2012 because 'Mayans Predicted It', but not the doomsday that they predicted? You seem to contradict yourself a tad.
    (But then again, Mayans didn't predict the end of the world OR the date....)

Do you even have any idea how 'predictions' were made? Do you honestly believe that a Mayan God decided to light up specific stars on his Birthday to let believers now of their unavoidable doom? Seriously....

Concerning the Zeitgeist vid, that was interesting, though a waste of time. Full of internet rumours (like that of this topic I suppose), relying mostly on illogical ideas and narrow minded & weak evidence. A newspaper review described it as 'Internet Idiocy', containing "witty sayings, fear tactics and a cool, assertive air all enable them to convince the unwitting public of their points". Similar criticisms of the film are on Wikipedia.

Last edited:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Well, the Mayan Calendar hasn't exactly predicted stuff like Katrina. You can't really judge something in those terms. It's un-mathematical, and thus loses its evidence.

However, the Mayan Calendar has, in fact, predicted several astronomical events (stuff that actually can be measured). And it's that Calendar that predicted the end of the world to be sometime in December, 2012. And this is how I interpret the possibility of the end of the world:

Now, the idea of galaxies colliding has been thrown around, and the idea of time may screw up this hypothesis, but I'll give it anyway. It's shown that we, the Milky Way, are moving steadily closer to one of our neighbor galaxies, I think it's the Large Magellanic Cloud, or something. Regardless, since the Mayan Calendar has predicted astronomical things, it's possible that the 2012 debate really refers to the point in time where our galaxy collides with our neighbor galaxy. And if that happens, really one of three things can occur:

1.) We go right through each other, sight unseen, and we go back to normal
    2.) We get thrown out of orbit by the force it brings, and take a quick trip to the sun, where we will in turn be sizzled like a steak
    3.) We are thrown in the opposite direction, out of our galaxy (granted the collision would cause enough force for Earth to be flung with enough escape velocity to escape any gravitational pull that would get in our way), and we get thrown into the dark space, where we will then have a slightly extended winter

Of course, I'm not ruling out the idea of getting flung into the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy, or crashing into another planet not made of gas... the possibilities are endless, but the odds of death are a bit greater than the odds of survival in this case.

So, could this be what the Mayan Calendar predicts, really? I'm not too sure, but again, 4 years is a pinpoint on our universal timeline, so astronomers and astrophysicists could easily see this coming from [several billion] miles away.

In conclusion... I think the Mayan Calendar is full of it. :P

PS: I'm no physicist, but I'm pretty sure it's almost scientifically impossible for the Earth or the Sun to reverse its poles (assuming you're talking about the magnetic poles/magnetosphere?).

PS: ddog1212, I don't trust any source presented to me by someone who uses the word "scientifical".

Maybe my point isn't quite clear, but I'll try to clear up my conclusion:

Predictions don't exist. We can never really see what's gonna happen in the future. Especially in a religious sense.
    See, I have this real moron thing I do called THINKING, and have come to the conclusion that it's wise not to believe anything told to you by the church, politicians, parents, and law enforcement officials. Because they're full of it. Stop worrying about the end of the world, especially in some Biblical sense. Trust me, it's far more likely that we humans will nuke ourselves than us seeing those four horses in the sky.

Last edited:

Lolz turtle

I did it for the lulz
    Years
    This talk about the end of the world reminded me of what einstein once said.

"I do not know how the third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth—rocks!"

for me its more likely that the human race will nuke itslef to extintion, ( or well near extintion) rather than a giant something coming from the sky and crashing, or the poles magically shifting directions and the earth changing rotations course. Hell i must be crazy, but seeing four riders in the sky throwing plagues and hunger in the world is something i never expect to see.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    relax will ya? it's not the end of the world this world's gonna last forever remember the pokemon song ''together forever'' this planet will survive those people are just trying to trick you to make you feel scare, believe me forever this worl will last

Relax will ya? the world will last forever like the song''together forever'' no doubt but their making this dumb science thing up so believe me forever we'll last dont believe them

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    relax will ya? it's not the end of the world this world's gonna last forever remember the pokemon song ''together forever'' this planet will survive those people are just trying to trick you to make you feel scare, believe me forever this worl will last

Relax will ya? the world will last forever like the song''together forever'' no doubt but their making this dumb science thing up so believe me forever we'll last dont believe them
    What utta shite jus because someone makes up a song syaing the world will lasdt 4eva doesn;'t make it so,,, what utter, utter ****...

nOTHING LAS forever

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    RealRockingham: Swearing and censor bypass are both not allowed on the forums, you can just as easily say the same thing without the language~

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    well we will just have to wait and see won't we?
    but in my opinion its a NO because they were talking about Y2K and yet i never saw a computer running around.
    the mayan calenders stated this i think but they will be just as wrong as other people.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    the prof is in the pudding

but seriously, its just common sense. the workld will end after we die, it has for every other generation.

Your logic is astounding.

First of all, find me some evidence of the world ending after every other generation.

Secondly, if it ended after each generation, then...America wouldn't be what it is today, nor would the world..seeing as generations are producing offspring and your father had his generation, as do you.

So, if what you're saying is true, then somehow we all fail to notice the destruction of our planet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back