• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ENDED] Halloween event has begun!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    It seems to still be going right now. Its 9:54am here.

Anyways it will be nice to not see Gastly or Cubone anymore.
    The only downsides to the event were the fact nothing else spawned. So making all Pokemon give 8 candies evened out with the normal spawnrates. As well as the freezing weather and it rsined the first two days. From the event I was able to evolve Cubone, Kadabra and Pikachu. I got some other Pokemon to only needing 10 candies as well.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I honestly have no idea why the event is still going on (not complaining). Perhaps Niantic meant it to end after Nov. 1st. Ambiguous language, for the win.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Indeed, today I found a Charmander nest and was raking in the candies, expecting it to end at any moment. But it still seems to be active.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I honestly have no idea why the event is still going on (not complaining). Perhaps Niantic meant it to end after Nov. 1st. Ambiguous language, for the win.

Watch that like the rest of this game, they have no idea how to get rid of it.

It be pretty funny actually. I can hatch eggs endlessly and get lots of buddy candy.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Maybe it's going for a week and a day. Or maybe it's not ending until News Years...

For Boxing Day I want to see an increase of fighting types such as Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Mankey and Primeape for a week or two. lol

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    This is good news. With winter coming up it's going to be next to impossible to walk outside for candies or to hatch eggs. I'd have to walk around Walmart or something. But even with the update I still need 100-150 candies for some Pokemon.

The only thing I wish is that they make different Pokemon common. I don't need anymore Gastly or Cubone.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Nests are very valuable, especially if we keep getting double candy. Just a few hours mining the Charmander nest has netted me 150 candies. Walking or biking you'd have to go 112 km even at the current quadruple rate.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Candy bonuses have ended and the monsters now appear back to normal. The Halloween event is over.

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Not sure why everyone was so surprised that the event lasted the entirety of November 1st. Firstly, the announcement was worded in a way where that's possible, and secondly, of course they would want it not to end before the Day of the Dead is over! :)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I loved this event. It was a great way to celebrate Halloween, and it helped me catch and evolve Pokemon that I needed. Also, the buddy system working 4 times faster was a big help as well.

Back