• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    YES! FINALLY WE GET A GAME BEFORE AMERICA :DDDDDDDDDD IT'S SAD FOR AMERICA THAT A GAME BASED ON ONE OF THEIR CITY'S IS COMING LAST FOR THEM :PPPPPPPPP

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I saw this earlier B) Wonder what made them decide to release it here first though :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    HAHAHA BONAD I WAS RIGHT IT'D BE ON A MONDAY.

This means in 2 weeks we should get the release date of March 3rd for Australia. :DDD;

Which means they are going for a simultaneous release which totally almost confirms Australia as Aus being 3rd. :D

But damnit you announcing it first. ;;
    I thought it came out on Friday? or you talking about Australia? Are those even confirmed yet :surprised:?
    Yeah the sheer irony is funny, anyways despite being an American I'm glad you guys get it first :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I thought it came out on Friday? or you talking about Australia? Are those even confirmed yet :surprised:?
    Yeah the sheer irony is funny, anyways despite being an American I'm glad you guys get it first :D

Noo, the new info coming out on Monday and for Aus, that's ~my speculation~ I hope that's true. HOWEVER! Australia now has rumours we'll be getting the game late feb which'd be feb 24... thinking march 3rd anyway.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Noo, the new info coming out on Monday and for Aus, that's ~my speculation~ I hope that's true. HOWEVER! Australia now has rumours we'll be getting the game late feb which'd be feb 24... thinking march 3rd anyway.
    Oh...
    Wow that's early, it's almost a month away even, they should probably release the date soon if it's actually feb 24th then :) though I agree with you March 3 is more likely but then again some of had our doubts about Europe coming out two days earlier than the Us's copies.

pokewalker

Years

If that turns out to be true... I would throw Nintendo a punch in face for not giving us a release in the same week

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    That's pretty crazy. I'm glad Europe is getting it earlier than the US for once, definitely interesting to see. I'm wondering what the cause is for this change is though?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    IM JUST SOOO MEGA EXCITED NOW! We finally get the games first for once, let's just hope korea don't pop outa no where.

There's still Australia which gets games on a Thursday, and got HG/SS before Europe by a day, so. :D
    Calm down with the whole one day thing, that's just random silly seculation. If you do get it on a tursday, it just might be on the 10th. xD Thursdays a pretty random day to have a release if you ask me. xD

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Wow. We're getting a game before America. That's new for Pokemon because there's usually 2 months between American and European release dates.

We get it 2 days BEFORE America!
    That's quite a turn around!

blue

gucci
    Years
    Really excited about this release date :), the first time we get a Pokémon game before America, I'll certaintly be getting up early to go buy this on 4th March :D!
    (Hope it dosen't sell out too quick)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    IM JUST SOOO MEGA EXCITED NOW! We finally get the games first for once, let's just hope korea don't pop outa no where.

Calm down with the whole one day thing, that's just random silly seculation. If you do get it on a tursday, it just might be on the 10th. xD Thursdays a pretty random day to have a release if you ask me. xD

The US usually gets new releases on Tuesdays and Thursdays, games primarily being on Tuesdays though. However, Pokemon, and Nintendo games get released on Sundays over here for whatever reason. Pretty random as well if you ask me.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    This is great news, sure two days isn't very much at all....but it's still something. It's nice to see Europe getting another game before America.

Someone mentioned this elsewhere and I thought it was very true...

It's funny how the Unova region is based on America (or New York) but Europe and Japan (potentially Australia) are getting it before you.

Last edited:

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Enter the Pokémon Black and White official wesite and click on Australia...

Australia is going to get it the Thursday after the US release (10/3/2011)!!!

blue

gucci
    Years
    The Official Pokémon Black & White website have the release dates up now. Europe - 4th March, America - 6th March, Australia 10th March, Europe are first for once, unless Korea get it first.

There's not really much of a difference between the two release dates, it's only 48 hours so It's not like America are missing out on anything really.. and it's cool that Australia get it 10th March!

pokewalker

Years
    THEY NOW UPDATED THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE IT IS ALL NOW 100% SURE !!!

edit: sorry, I thought I refreshed the page and that nobody posted it yet, but I didn't refresh it xP

Back