• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    How unfair! The games are based on the US afterall xD

Technically we'd be receiving a simulataneous release but since Europe's usual day for releasing games is on a Friday for Pokemon games where as America releases them on a Sunday.

It's not like you'll notice the 2 day gap anyway.
    Think how horrible it was for us Europeans when we had to wait 2 months after America got them.
    At least now, we technically get them at the same time. Technically, give or take the traditional release days for your area.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    What? Australia gets the game before US right?

When does it get released in the middle east, i can't wait no longer.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Oh I'm usually with Europe (was in London) but I'm pretty neutral now, for now... xD But you're right, it is a global English simultaneous release :)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Just wondering if Korea will get it early January/February, they got HG/SS a more than month before anyone (4th Feb) Also, will there be a midnight release?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

No the other way round.
    Aww bless, Forever was right. I'm happy for the Aussies :)
    No she wasn't, bless - they get it on the 10th. xD

Yay for europe getting the games before anyone!

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years

Most likely at the same time as Europe or otherwise 2 months later some days after. btw come online on msn

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Finally! We deserve it for putting up with so few events, and always having to wait a month while you Americans are spoiling all the plot because you've all completed it...

blue

gucci
    Years
    Finally! We deserve it for putting up with so few events, and always having to wait a month while you Americans are spoiling all the plot because you've all completed it...

Agree'd, It's about time that we get a game before any other country, especially America.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Australia get it on the 3rd Mew~, go to https://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-au/ it says 3/10/2011... oh I read that he opposite way xD And a poster misguided me xP

You're reading the date wrong.
    If they're getting it on the 3rd, then it's the 3rd of October, 2011. That's forever away, nearly 2012.
    The date there is show as mm/dd/yyyy.
    So it's March 10th, 2011, not 3rd of March.

Europe gets it on the 4th of March.
    The US get it on the 6th.
    And Australia get it on the 10th.
    Not really much of a gap in the slightest as compared to previous releases.

EDIT: Just noticed now that you noticed your mistake.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Since the European versions are coming out first (wow I just realized that they translated it into all the European languages where Pokemon is sold already) that means that Serebii will cover The Euro versions instead of the traditional US versions...that means we in America get coverage of the games in English before they even come out in the States :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Since the European versions are coming out first (wow I just realized that they translated it into all the European languages where Pokemon is sold already) that means that Serebii will cover The Euro versions instead of the traditional US versions...that means we in America get coverage of the games in English before they even come out in the States :)

What's left to cover, besides the English names for everything?

adsfuhuafds I hate this news. Everyone will be posting in this forum about the games and I'll be like "I CAN'T PLAY ;________;"
    /hoping a store gets a copy early? :D

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Australia is always LAST to get it ); This makes me sad.... very sad.... And almost a WEEK after Europe gets it too! D;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

What's left to cover, besides the English names for everything?

adsfuhuafds I hate this news. Everyone will be posting in this forum about the games and I'll be like "I CAN'T PLAY ;________;"
    /hoping a store gets a copy early? :D
    True but we will get our English names from England instead of the us which is a first ;)
    Same here...for 2 days...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well in the end - I told you so. =p (And I thought it'd be more likely the 10th too tbh). It's Nintendo Australia! Watch us get the American English again as well despite the delay, such as 'Mom'. ^^

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'll be honest with you--initially I thought Australia, for the first time, was going to get a Pokemon game before the U.S or Europe, but I was actually noting how unlikely a possibility that was, it was a really fishy release date that Australia had to get it like 3 days before America did when America always received it's Pokemon games before Australia. :(
    Not so - with Gold and Silver Australia got them over a month before America did (...which got it months before Europe.) But that was ages back, to be fair.

Back