• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    I'll probally be on my DS ALL day come March 4th!

Unfornately I've got school... So like with SS I'll cycle right after school to my shop and buy it ^-^ Then I'll play it for a hour, spoil the story line so far on this site :P and post my fc etc, then play it for another hour etc. You americans + australians are gotta get spoiled XD

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I'm really happy with the very early and unexpected release date. I can't wait to understand everything in the game. xD
    I see it GREAT that we finally got it before US (Even though i'll import if not), but
    i'm not sure it'll be avaliable in Eastern Europe the same day as Britain.... I'm hoping i'll be able too buy it on the release day in a game shop in my town.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Unfornately I've got school... So like with SS I'll cycle right after school to my shop and buy it ^-^ Then I'll play it for a hour, spoil the story line so far on this site :P and post my fc etc, then play it for another hour etc. You americans + australians are gotta get spoiled XD

Ahaha, sounds good, first time we'll be able to spoil it for the Americans and the Australians :).
    But yeah I'll be off that day hopefully so I'll be able to go to the shop whenever I want that day (most probally early) and get it and play it all day probally :P.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Ahaha, sounds good, first time we'll be able to spoil it for the Americans and the Australians :).
    But yeah I'll be off that day hopefully so I'll be able to go to the shop whenever I want that day (most probally early) and get it and play it all day probally :P.

luckily my school's out at 14: 25 which is earlier as most times XD but when I got SS my school was out at 13:00... You know... My time-table changed :'(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    On the release date I honestly don't know what I'll be doing but I intend to purchase the games or game as soon as I can, though (during the day). Don't like waiting longer than I need to. :(

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    On the release date I honestly don't know what I'll be doing but I intend to purchase the games or game as soon as I can, though (during the day). Don't like waiting longer than I need to. :(

I figured you'd be camping out at the store desperately waiting for your copy. XD
    I hate how the release here is on a Sunday. *wishes it could have been the fourth* >.<

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Since the 4th is a Friday, it's also the same day as my payday.
    And people don't tend to buy Pokemon games as much in the place I do anymore.
    Besides, the location I buy them has over 7 different stores I can get them so I won't miss my chance on release day.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I just saw the news! I'm slow, lol.

But yaaaay. 4th of March.<3 I'll probably go out and get it on the Saturday. Hope it's not sold out. o.o Maybe I should preorder? I dunno. But still excited. xD

You could reserve it at Argos, if there's one near you.

It's great that 4th March is a Friday, giving the whole weekend to Play B/W or atleast not having to goto college/work ect.

Since the 4th is a Friday, it's also the same day as my payday.
    And people don't tend to buy Pokemon games as much in the place I do anymore.
    Besides, the location I buy them has over 7 different stores I can get them so I won't miss my chance on release day.

Yeah, there's several stores near me that I can buy or reserve from so I'm 99% sure I'll get it on the release date, I've got alot of places where I can buy it, just deciding where to buy it.

Last edited:

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I wake up 7 a.m to get any game the day it comes out. It usually never runs out but I do it to get an early start on it XD.

Years
    Eh, I probably might not get Pokemon Black the day it comes out, but all that matters is that I actually have my own money to buy it myself. T^T

(Is it strange that I'm not EXTREMELY excited for these games? ._.)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, I wasn't extremely excited about HG/SS, but I am about B/W, maybe it's because you haven't played it, I own a japanese copy so I know what to expect, but I'm still really excited, and I like to get it early so I can get an early start on it!

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    If only they released it in Brazil. I have to wait for the English Release, then wait 'till my uncle picks up Black and White and mails them here.

:/

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Yeah, I wasn't extremely excited about HG/SS, but I am about B/W, maybe it's because you haven't played it, I own a japanese copy so I know what to expect, but I'm still really excited, and I like to get it early so I can get an early start on it!
    Yeah, I always do that on game releases. Its like a procedure:
    Step 1. On announce of new Pokemon games, check Pokemon sites for updates on the game every day.
    Step 2. On games release, buy Japanese game.
    Step 3. Play Japanese game till English Release.
    Step 4. On English release, wake up early in the morning, and go to a store for the game.
    Step 5. Play it for the next few weeks.
    XD

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    We read the dates that way too in Europe.
    And here in Ireland, which is in Europe, which gets stuff same day as the UK.

It's just easier to see the mistake when you see 03/10/2011.
    Because that'd be 7 whole months difference between America/Europe and Australia.
    And that'd just be ridiculous and not at all understandable.

As far as I know, most of the world uses dd/mm/yy.
    America and Canada, etc uses mm/dd/yy, which is rather confusing.
    Where as some places use yy/mm/dd or yy/dd/mm.

It's understandable though.
    Whilst Europeans are used to the format they use, saying it for example as:
    10th of March, 2011.

Where as Americans, in their date format are used to vocally saying March 10th, 2011.

Neither is wrong. Both are right! =D
    I'm entirely aware of how date formatting works, but what does that have to do with anything?

I said we read it dd/mm, and it's an Australian website, so unless it was written by an American, the website suggests the game will be released in October.

I would like to think this is wrong, and it just may well be, but if we truly do recieve the game in March then whoever made the Australian page formatted the date incorrectly.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, I always do that on game releases. Its like a procedure:
    Step 1. On announce of new Pokemon games, check Pokemon sites for updates on the game every day.
    Step 2. On games release, buy Japanese game.
    Step 3. Play Japanese game till English Release.
    Step 4. On English release, wake up early in the morning, and go to a store for the game.
    Step 5. Play it for the next few weeks.
    XD

That's exactly what I do, and Plan to do for Black & White, I'm just trying to decide whether to get Black or White and if I should Pre-Order, or buy it early in store on the release date, which I think I will do, Just trying to think which store will be best to get it from.

I seriously cant wait any longer 51 more days ppl!!1

Me Neither & It's 49 Days for Us (Europe) :P!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...just a note, posting your own countdown here each day like "51 days to go" tomorrow "50 days to go" and so on is spam, but you're all very good and won't be doing that, yes? :)

@Ravecat: And this is why they should say "10th of March" instead of going by mm/dd format. D: Pretty sure it won't be October now though :3

blue

gucci
    Years
    ...just a note, posting your own countdown here each day like "51 days to go" tomorrow "50 days to go" and so on is spam, but you're all very good and won't be doing that, yes? :)

@Ravecat: And this is why they should say "10th of March" instead of going by mm/dd format. D: Pretty sure it won't be October now though :3

And this is where we find out it is October :P.

Back