• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    wtf in europe they're ALWAYS released at a Friday?

Not necessarily, some games are released on Saturdays or Thursdays. They never used to be :/ Anyway, I'm to lazy to go check with my local game shop about an official release date xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    I do not care about the release date only that I want it NOW. It is supposed to be released on april 2nd 2011 in my state and that is a long time to wait.

Years
    I honestly think that B/W is going to come out sometime between mid-March and early April. Early April is probably at latest though, and I don't think it's going to be that late since(well, from my knowledge anyway), no Pokemon game(well D/P/Pt didn't) really came out as late as April a few months after the japanese release, so yeah. xD;

Agreed. If you look at the past releases, they're all in that time frame. :) Which means I'll have it in my hands before my birthday. \o/

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years

Not necessarily, some games are released on Saturdays or Thursdays. They never used to be :/ Anyway, I'm to lazy to go check with my local game shop about an official release date xD

Mostly they're released on Fridays, but also on Saturdays and Tuesdays. (I can't remember any game that was released on Thursdays) But why don't they just release all languages at the same time? That would be much more logical to me(japanese would also take benefits of it, they have more players to play with on wifi).
    Anyways I'm now gonna work on my pokemon hack. (DS, PPRE)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If they were to release it in every language at once, the Japanese would have to wait longer, considering the games need to be translated and errors fixed, etc. Plus, imagine how crazy PC would be straight away. It'd be scaaary (initial release, that is, judging by the September lead-up).

I do think it'll follow a HGSS pattern and it'll be Saturday for US, Thursday for Aus and Friday for UK, but only about a week apart. :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Right so I was reading another thread, which mentioned that Pokemon's 15th anniversary is next year. Significance of that? I was wondering...

Beware: Crazy theory.

Spoiler:

/crazy speculation but I still think it'll be in May 2011

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I don't know if this would turn out to be true. But I predict that it'll release about April to May.

Probably :
    April 25 2011
    or
    May 17 2011

I don't know much but maybe this would be it. Or perhaps, March can also be the time the game released? Who knows...

Yuii

PokéBreeder
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    I'm fine with waiting, I hope it comes out sooner then April though. :\

Years
    Possible Black and White European release date

The Italian GameStop site has launched its pre-orders for Pokémon Black2 and White3 and they've listed March 25, 2011 as their release date. The date matches the originally announced "Q1 2011" so we can assume it's valid. Since the games are usually released in North America before they hit the European shelves, you Americans can also make a good estimation about when you will be able to obtain the new Pokémon games.

Source:https://www.legendarypokemon.net/

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Since we're already discussing the possible release dates in this speculation thread, I merged your thread here. :P Next time use the search function for similar threads such as this.

NatureKeeper

Judging by Platinum, HGSS and... most games actually it's around mid-March.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    March is the month of spring to me.
    So that's my best guess too.

And don't forget that translating isn't the only thing that needs to be done.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Who isn't a white-ass-fairy-dust-golly and BUYS Pokemon games, no one. *****, no one.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Let's think... there are nine anime episodes left plus the movie. Assuming BW001 or the movie airs on the release date, that would probably make it a mid-February release.

As for the translation, I've pretty much lost all hope of there being a good English translation after the Isshu/Unova debacle. I'll probably import (I have a DS Lite) or pirate.

Back