• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • the game is being released on the same day that diamond and pearl came out.

it would be really nice if that were the case and it would be also nice if the Pokemon Company releases their games around the same time each year when it comes to the main games just like Japan usually does with their games......pick a month America!

:t354:TG

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

• it would be really nice if that were the case and it would be also nice if the Pokemon Company releases their games around the same time each year when it comes to the main games just like Japan usually does with their games......pick a month America!

:t354:TG
    In a way it seems like they picked March for the NA releases looking back at the past 3 versions PtHgSs... and even then we know the season for sure is going to be Spring so it's got to be in March, April, May, or early June for sure :)

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I guess that the release date for America is going to be revelead very soon. I mean, if you take a look to these pictures (click for making them bigger):

English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

In both cases, DP & Pt, the release date was given on December 17.

So, it's almost confirmed it will be on that date when they release the 'launching date' in America.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Usually, the games are released after the start of the anime they are supposed to follow. Now, for the first time since the original RBGY, the games came before the anime ( in Japan ). I don't know how they plan to handle the releases in other regions, but assuming Cartoon Network continues airing episodes every seven days with no interruptions, the last episode of the DP series will air on Jan. 22nd... And, usually, there's at least a month-long gap before episodes of the new anime begin to air, meaning we might begin to see the BW anime sometime around late February...

We'll, that's just something to think about while we wait for an official release date.

Years
  • Well, I believe in the Spring in Unova (that name still gets on my nerves..) theory, that in March/April/May it will come out. Because America (hopefully) wants to follow Japan's way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yes MRAS, we all do. :(

Twilight Darkrai, what was the announce date for HG/SS, then? Although that might not help anything, but, if it's close to December or something, then that might give us more hope of a release date any day soon.

Years
  • When are we expected to hear about the release date? When is the release date of the release date? XD

I am strangely looking forward to the release of the english version =D

boblarryphil

ultra amazing person
    Years
  • my sister said it might come out in may....but I'm hearing other things. But i want it as soon as possible! hurry and come out Black and White!!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I had a theory. Since we got starters on a monday, then two weeks later Zoroark... maybe the English date being released this Monday? Since it does add up with the middle of December thing!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I had a theory. Since we got starters on a monday, then two weeks later Zoroark... maybe the English date being released this Monday? Since it does add up with the middle of December thing!
    That's a good theory hopeful we will get those dates or at least some more English names!

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Not soon enough. Why can't it come sooner?! :'(

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • I checked on the Australian version of the Pokemon Black and White site, and it says ''coming early 2011''.

Any guesses? :D

Years
  • I'd be surprised if B/W came out that early, i.e. January- February. From all the Pokemon games which have been released in the past, March seemed to be the most favourable time of the year for the release of an English version of a Pokemon game. XD

Back