• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    If it is released in March or later, i would want it for a preorder. It it would be released before Febuary, i would be AWESOM! :D

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    According to Play-Asia, the English release is March 2011.
    They're quite reliable for release dates I might add.

So we'll be looking at it around March/April.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I hope it is in January or March. I don't want it to be in April or something.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I am surprise that no one has made a thread like this one yet...
    I went to some pokemon website, like poke beach.. they said that gamestop will release pokemon black and white on April 22nd of next year... Well I called a gamestop in my area and they said that it was set for release on March 2...

April 22nd was the same release date as Diamond and Pearl, it would be a little late, since I always use the anime to predict the US release date of a new Pokemon game.....

Personally, I'm hoping it'll be January 2010, to follow the starting in Spring theme, because I do not want to wait til May (for Spring, that is). ;;

By the way, I edited the title and posted so we don't get reports on this. :)

Personally, I doubt it, Pokemon games are always released in the spring

I want the game as soon as I can get it, March 2nd would be pretty cool, but April 22nd is three days away from my 21st Birthday. :D An epic present for an epic occasion.

I'd like a March 2nd release date too, but I prefer March 6th, because Pokemon games are almost always released on a Sunday, most likely because the target audience is in school during the date of March 2nd (a Wednesday, a day most kids are in school), and April 22nd is a Friday, another day when most kids are in school, as a result, it will most likely be on a random Sunday between March and May.....

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Considering how the 3DS release date will be in late February for Japan, and March for NA, it would be nice if black and white were released around the same date, preferably in the same week or at least a few days later (if 3DS comes out at end of week).

Anyways, March or April isn't too long to wait I guess. Think about it, we first heard about Gen 5 way back in March and now it's October; seven months have gone by! I'm sure we can wait another 5-6 months.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Personally, I would prefer B/W to come out before the 3DS so it won't get lost in the transition from one console to another. Pretty soon, no one will be buying DS games anymore.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Personally, I doubt it, Pokemon games are always released in the spring

Which is my point, if they're released in either months, it'll be during the in-game Spring, which GF could do to either make us suffer, or use the new seasons feature to its fullest.

...and yes I'm so glad that seasons thread mentioned what seasons = what months. XD

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

Which is my point, if they're released in either months, it'll be during the in-game Spring, which GF could do to either make us suffer, or use the new seasons feature to its fullest.

I had the same thought they would try and release the games while the in-game season was in Spring. I honestly hope that's not the case. I don't want to have to wait until May to play the game. Unless if they decide to release the game in January, which seems highly unlikely, then I would be happy with their decision.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
    I have a hunch that

1. The Noobs at nintendo obviosly thinking " if pokemon black and white were a hit and japan they'll be a BIGGER hit in america. We also have the 3ds coming out in march, so I think we'll hold back pokemon black and white and leave them to ROT in warehouse while we make the stupid packaging and the awesome game itself. basically what i'm trying to say is the buts at nintendo are holding the game back until a short time till the 3ds because 3ds+Pokemon Black and White=$$$ so yeah NINTENDO SUCKS!!!

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I REALLY hope it's the earlier date; I'm getting really annoyed with waiting for the game to be released in English. You'd think by now they'd have this translating thing down, right?
    Just be glad that the Game Freak has more time to stabilize Black and White before it's released in America. That means you get better games than Japan does!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Just be glad that the Game Freak has more time to stabilize Black and White before it's released in America. That means you get better games than Japan does!
    Yeah they will get rid of most of the glitches...actually are there any at all?
    Also I hope they make the quality better like the difference between RG(JP) and RB(IN) :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have a hunch that

1. The Noobs at nintendo obviosly thinking " if pokemon black and white were a hit and japan they'll be a BIGGER hit in america. We also have the 3ds coming out in march, so I think we'll hold back pokemon black and white and leave them to ROT in warehouse while we make the stupid packaging and the awesome game itself. basically what i'm trying to say is the buts at nintendo are holding the game back until a short time till the 3ds because 3ds+Pokemon Black and White=$$$ so yeah NINTENDO SUCKS!!!

I don't think that would be exactly fair, considering how Japan gets DS games. Pretty sure they're not going to release the same games on different consoles between the two (comparing Japan/America) countries. Plus they'll probably come out around then, anyway, just not as 3DS games. :x

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Yeah I would say it wil be released as a DS game around Marchish in America and Europe/ Australia maybe May and the latest it would come out is June/July.

Tony Stark

Mr. Stark
    Years
    Yeah I would say it wil be released as a DS game around Marchish in America and Europe/ Australia maybe May and the latest it would come out is June/July.

I imagine it would be released around the same time as HGSS was in North America. So mid March to early April.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm thinking it'd be a March release here in the US; it's been like that for Platinum/HG/SS so it'd make sense if it was a March release now.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    An Idea...

Obviously this won't happen, but by the reveal of the episode Casting a Paul on Barry! airing on the 4th of December, I've figured out that the current season will finish on the 22nd January 2011. However, Christmas and New Year will probably disrupt it a little.
    But, to the important part: the new anime season always comes out in the same week as the games, right?

Therefore, both Best Wishes and Black/White (notice how the initials of the anime and the two games are the same, BW??), will appear roughly in February/early March!

What do you guys think of this theory?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well to be honest, I wouldn't say 22nd of january. I can tell you this now, there will always be somewhat a break for the anime, they will occasionally randomly miss out a week.
    But I think I will agree with the Feb/March airing they will probably just keep missing out weeks till the anime finnishes close to the game release so maybe a few breaks.
    Either that or they won't do any breaks during DP and we will probably just have to wait about a month before best wishes airs.

Back