• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    More excited about this day than I was for my birthday and Christmas.
    Funny how both of those days came and went by so fast, but March 6th seems so far away. :(

blue

gucci
    Years
  • More excited about this day than I was for my birthday and Christmas.
    Funny how both of those days came and went by so fast, but March 6th seems so far away. :(

I agree, I also was less excited for Christmas & My Birthday than I am for this, March 4th for Europe and even though it's only 44 days, it feels like forever.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The 3 months leading to January felt like Forever for me but now time seems to go by like a flash but it still feels far away :( I think you Europeans are luckier the more I think about the date...at least we get it sooner than Australia they have to wait longer >_<

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • I was going to buy this game on release date, but since Nintendo is going to also release the 3DS on the same month, it looks like Pokemon is off the list for me, at least until my wallet gets healthier.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It really feels great that we get it first, even though it's a 2 day difference, still feels good, :) yeah I'm going to get White on the day, although I'm planning on buying BOTH Black & White though, it depends, and as of the Nintendo 3DS, £220 is very offputting, I might wait a couple of months, I mean my main desire is Pokémon Black & White and I've got a perfectly good Nintendo DS Lite which will be able to play it.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Europe always wins first,it annoys me.You would think out of every place in the world japan would get it first then the us then europe and so on.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • It's annoying that the 3DS launch date is so close to the Black and White English release. I was planning to get them all the day they came out, but that means spending close to $350 in a period of one month, which is the kind of money that a minimum wage-earning high school student doesn't have. Oh well. I'll either find a way to do it somehow, or I'll just postpone buying the 3DS until this summer.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • It's annoying that the 3DS launch date is so close to the Black and White English release. I was planning to get them all the day they came out, but that means spending close to $350 in a period of one month, which is the kind of money that a minimum wage-earning high school student doesn't have. Oh well. I'll either find a way to do it somehow, or I'll just postpone buying the 3DS until this summer.
    at least your actually earning something!? i have no money to buy anything!!!

I will make sure i get B/W though, that much is certain

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I'm getting White the day it comes out, and postponing the 3DS until whenever I get bored.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Europe always wins first,it annoys me.You would think out of every place in the world japan would get it first then the us then europe and so on.

o____O Japan did get B/W first. Usually it's US getting games first, this is one of the only times where Europe is getting games first. XD

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • And yet most companies can still manage worldwide simultaneous releases, but it takes Nintendo months to get stuff out. I realize translation takes time, but there's still no excuse for six months between JP and NA/EU releases. They could have people translate during development, rather than after. :/

The Red Chain

You wouldn't think it would take six whole months for them to finish translating, it is getting ridiculous.
    Though at least they've gotten a bit faster, even if it's only by a few days. The 6th for NA is the fastest English release date in a while if not the fastest.
    Diamond and Pearl weren't released till April and Platinum on March 22nd. HGSS were released in March too but on the 14th.

So there's improvement there at least, which I couldn't be happier about. ^^

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I wonder then (If there is one) that R/S remakes will be released in Europe first and possibly in February if it's released in September for Japan (2012/13)

Also, by the looks of things, when we get Black & White, the season will be Autumn according to Serebii (unless that's the cycle for the Japanese games and the months for us are different, which I doubt)

Back