• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Enigma Crystal & Rock Capsule - Discussion

Do you think they are important?

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Basic Info:
    Two new items to discuss, nobody really knows any concrete information about them, and everybody is waiting on that information.

So, for those of you who don't know, these are the items speculation is all about:
    Enigma Crystal:
    Spoiler:

Rock/Lock Capsule:
    Spoiler:

They were wrapped in spoilers for people who don't want to ruin any surprises lolol.

So basically, this is just a speculation thread, and discussion, when more info is found it will be updated. ;)

What do you think they are for?
    Which theory seems most appropriate?

Current Theories:
    Spoiler:

Update:
    I have recently obtained both items but I am going to need help figuring out what to do with them.
    Stephen is nowhere to be found.
    And no idea with the Lock Capsule. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    Well. Enigma Crystal will make Latios or Latias roam around. Fer shur.
    Rock Capsule sounds like a Rotom thing. o-o;;
    apparently, you take the crystal to the museum in pewter city, it transforms into soul dew or whatever, and then when you leave you battle the other lati. that's just speculation from other places though.
    No, it's not, because apparently there's a rotom room somewhere within hgss, although i'm not too sure.

The Rock Capsule feels like it would unlock something in the future games. Think like a new Pokemon. Maybe if connected to HGSS, it would unlock something important.
    yeah people are talking about something similar to the manaphy thing...
    another person said it could be for carrying portable versions of the meteorites, to transform deoxys with. who knows really.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    I think the Rock Capsule might have something to do with the Regis maybe? Or else I have to agree with previous speculation of Deoxys.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I doubt that they will include the Regis again so maybe it holds an item to unlock a new area????

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Deoxys already has an area to swap formes, I'm afraid, so that can't be it. As for holding the weather rocks, I highly doubt it. If we didn't need a special item to hold them in DPPt, then why would we need them in HGSS?

Years
    I doubt that they will include the Regis again so maybe it holds an item to unlock a new area????
    yeah...
    Deoxys already has an area to swap formes, I'm afraid, so that can't be it. As for holding the weather rocks, I highly doubt it. If we didn't need a special item to hold them in DPPt, then why would we need them in HGSS?
    don't forget it's just a theory, otherwise, what else would it hold?

or maybe it's for collecting pieces of rock ;) that eventually are constructed into some weird object that summons a legendary pokemon or something?

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Its funny the games have been out long enough for us to find out what it is. I think, purely on speculation that it is probably something for future games (maybe a spin-off game, or a new wii based game). But this is just theory.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Rock Capsule.
    Perhaps it's an item needed to be owned by the player, whilst bring Eevee to either a firest or snowy area(Mt. Silver Top) to evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon respectively(for those who didn't/don't have D/P/Pt).
    Although that seems way too farfetched too me.

Perhaps it has something to do with Regigigas?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Having the Regis included doesn't seem likely even for the Rock Capsule. DPPt has already gotten them covered, and Platinum assured those who got the game would have every possible chance at catching the three and thus unlocking Regigigas at the end. So, I would think this out as if the Regis were to be included, then something what have been known about them up to now.

As for what it my do, there are many possibilities. However, it could be an item coded into the game, but not obtainable at all. This has occurred before and it is still possible. Seeing as no one may have it as yet and knowing nothing has been known as yet, then for me it serves no purpose at the moment. However, if I were to go with one of the theories already said before, then possibly a future Wi-Fi or similar related event could revolve around it.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    To me it seems like these games are to be paired with Platinum, so that people without GBA games could recieve every Pokemon not yet available by a common event (ie. the Legendary Birds, who havn't had a common event and are unatainable through Pal Park if the player doesn't own a DS, DSLite, or any GBA Pokemon Game.)

This statement leads me to believe that the Rock Capsule will help someone obtain a legendary or Pokemon that isn't available already through HGSS, DPPt, or common events. Are there any rare Pokemon like that? I'm not sure but maybe Jirachi or Mew or Celebi could be linked to this.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi have events that all seem irrelevant to an item with the name rock capsule. None of them are even closely related to a rock, unless you count Mew transforming into Geodude.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    The item could be interpreted as "Rock Capsule" or "Lock Capsule".

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Exactly. Either rock or lock. I personally think its lock but whatever. It seems to be obtainalbe and tradable over WiFi so for me it seems to have a purpose for the future.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    How the hell do you figure that Tatsujin. Its available through Wifi and tradeable with Wifi. We just have no idea how and what it does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back