• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Enigma Crystal & Rock Capsule - Discussion

Do you think they are important?

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    My theory is that the Rock Capsule contains rocks from evolution places in Sinnoh. (=Moss, Icy and Coronet rocks?)

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    no idea what to do about it....... will have to wait for some more clarification.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    They are very important, the Enigma rock summons either Latias, or Latios. The other one will be important when we know what it is for,

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    My theory is that the Rock Capsule contains rocks from evolution places in Sinnoh. (=Moss, Icy and Coronet rocks?)

That makes sense, but then why is it so closely related to WiFi? Couldn't this thing just be found regularly in the game at some point? Or perhaps it serves as a sort of vessel for the rocks, bringing them over from d/p/pt through WiFi. Umm, I guess I'm just going in circles with this now lol.

Other than that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just some scrapped idea as someone else mentioned.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    rndm makes the most sense of it, but I checked the unobtainable Pokemon in HGSS on Serebii, and sure enough, all the Pokemon that evolve in those places are listed. That, unfortunately, disproves that theory.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I just came up with 2 new ideas:(2nd one is a bit lame)
    1.It unlocks a special stage in the pokewalker
    2.The rock has an amazing power and it has to be in a capsule for not to be unleashed.That power could be something related to the orb that deoxys have or something like that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You know, the Rock Capsule could just suffer the same fate as the Red Chain and Magma Rock like in DPPt. It could just be an item mentioned, but not obtained.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    You know, the Rock Capsule could just suffer the same fate as the Red Chain and Magma Rock like in DPPt. It could just be an item mentioned, but not obtained.

This makes sense, but I believe otherwise. It has already been said that it is obtainable via WI-Fi (curses!) but its not known what it's for.

Perhaps it serves as a sort of vessel for the rocks, bringing them over from d/p/pt through WiFi. Umm, I guess I'm just going in circles with this now lol.

This makes sense as well, and could very well be close to the truth, or it could be as far away as you can get, so we'll have to wait and see. I however, think this a very good possibility.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    Actually this seems to make the most sense so far.

That makes sense, but then why is it so closely related to WiFi? Couldn't this thing just be found regularly in the game at some point? Or perhaps it serves as a sort of vessel for the rocks, bringing them over from d/p/pt through WiFi. Umm, I guess I'm just going in circles with this now lol.

Other than that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just some scrapped idea as someone else mentioned.

rndm makes the most sense of it, but I checked the unobtainable Pokemon in HGSS on Serebii, and sure enough, all the Pokemon that evolve in those places are listed. That, unfortunately, disproves that theory.

Thanks guys...and girl. I'm flattered. ^_^

JP's vessel theory sounds good. When linked to DPPt, the Capsule would arrive automatically. ...But that's highly unlikely. As stated by SilverSmeargleSplatter, Serebii lists Magnezone, Probopass, Leafeon and Glaceon unobtainable. But what if they haven't tried hacking the Rock Capsule in and somehow interracting it with the four pokemon above? Well, if it worked, a line of text relating to it would probably have been found from the game's data.

Oh btw, I haven't seen Rock Capsule's in-game description on this thread. It's supposed to be this: "A tough capsule that must be opened with a special key." From Serebii's HG&SS Discovery thread. Coronis took that from the game's script.

Last edited:

iPochama

loving pokemon tcg on gameboy.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Very early on it was brought up that mew, celebi, and jirachi are not connected to a rock, this is false. Anime Canon leads me to believe that Jirachi was from the 'Millennium Comet' and needed to be returned to a cave in a region that was previously believed to be hoenn until it was made clear that there was no jirachi event/location in r/s. Perhaps the region was johto/kanto? although, it could be completely non-game-canon, i.e the town in 'the rise of darkrai'

If it's a lock capsule, perhaps it's a non-sinnoh way to get rotom?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Very early on it was brought up that mew, celebi, and jirachi are not connected to a rock, this is false. Anime Canon leads me to believe that Jirachi was from the 'Millennium Comet' and needed to be returned to a cave in a region that was previously believed to be hoenn until it was made clear that there was no jirachi event/location in r/s. Perhaps the region was johto/kanto? although, it could be completely non-game-canon, i.e the town in 'the rise of darkrai'

If it's a lock capsule, perhaps it's a non-sinnoh way to get rotom?
    ANIME=/=GAMES. Completely seperate canons entirely.

Nope silph co. elevator activates Rotom.

iPochama

loving pokemon tcg on gameboy.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    There is so much anime canon featured in HG/SS. That was a silly thing to say.

..and, though Silph.CO elevator leads to the new forme change room, it does not lead to a Rotom, does it? I was saying that it may be like a part for the power plant that leads to a room where a Rotom is kept, I may remind you, Rotom is not legendary, rare, not legendary.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    There is so much anime canon featured in HG/SS. That was a silly thing to say.

..and, though Silph.CO elevator leads to the new forme change room, it does not lead to a Rotom, does it? I was saying that it may be like a part for the power plant that leads to a room where a Rotom is kept, I may remind you, Rotom is not legendary, rare, not legendary.

This could be it, but it again, maybe it's really wrong we'll just have to wait and see.

Years

This seems unlikely, but it could be something to do with that machop building the house in Vermilion City.
    This could be it, but it again, maybe it's really wrong, we'll just have to wait and see.

I love it how, when put in the right order, quotes just answer themselves :3

There's still no word on serebii.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Strange that its so hard to figure out. I thought it was related to Latios & Latias. Maybe it could be the whole evoulutionary rock theory or something we havent even though of yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back