• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Eon Ticket?

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
  • So how do people interact with others in the streetpass? Sorry if that's a "Duh" question, it's just that I don't even look at the news in streetpass hardly ever.

People don't have to do anything for streetpass other than to enable them for the selected game. So as long as your 2/3DS has its wireless function open and is in sleepmode, it should be able to exchange data with anyone who also has the feature enabled.

Then assuming you streetpassed someone with the Eon ticket, all you have to do is open the Holocaster and let it load the data from streetpass, I'm guessing. Unless it loads it automatically.

Years
  • I don't think I'll ever get the Eon ticket. I don't know anyone in my city that plays Pokemon and I never carry my 3DS with me so... The distribution method is kinda cool tho. You may get to meet some Pokemon fans and make new friends.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Me too i live in Ireland aswell.

Quick -- start an Eon Ticket Meet-Up thread.
    Eon Ticket?

Years
  • Sorry for copy and paste from my closed thread.

The competition to find the 15 carriers of the Eon Ticket opened today on the 13th November!
    You can enter here:
    https://www.pokemoneonticketuk.com/
    The fifteen winners will receive (as well as the eon ticket) either a Nintendo 2DS Transparent Red + Pokémon Omega Ruby or a Transparent Blue + Pokémon Alpha Sapphire bundle and a Pokemon goodie bag when they arrive at their selected GAME store! They also will get to meet Junichi Masuda at a GAME store in London.

Fifteen winners, each with a parent/guardian or a friend, will travel to London on launch day, staying in a hotel overnight on 28 November. The following day in London, at an exclusive launch event at the GAME store in Westfield Shopping Centre, Stratford, the attendees will meet Junichi Masuda from GAME FREAK, the producer of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, before being among the first in the country to receive the Eon Ticket and win a Nintendo 2DS bundle.
    Entry closes on 18th November at 23:59 and winners will be notified on the 20th November.

I entered earlier today and if I did win I'm going to bring my boyfriend (and give him the 2DS after the event as I think you use the 2DS to first spread the ticket), but I don't really mind if I don't win
    Anyone else from the UK entered? Which location did you choose? (I chose Cambridge as it is nearest to me)

pkmin3033

I've entered...Southampton Central is the closest station to me on that list. It's still two changes and about an hour away by train though; slightly less distance than London. But this is the most phenomenally stupid method of distribution I've seen them try yet. We're already being shafted with a week's delay, is it really necessary to deprive us of the Eon Ticket as well?

Oh sure, it's a great idea...if you're in Japan, where everyone and their pet dog has a Nintendo 3DS. The chances of actually encountering someone with this are astronomically slim, and I hope they come to their senses and distribute it properly - either in GAME stores or online via an event - in the future, as it's doubtful I'll see it otherwise.

My local GAME runs a Pokemon night every Wednesday, I'll have to go to that and hope and pray beyond all reasonable expectations that someone manages to pick it up...I am really, really annoyed about this. I would have thought they'd have more common sense...

The chances of winning are even less than seeing one of these tickets if you're not there on the night, but...ohoho, I'd love to win this. I'd give my mother the 2DS for Christmas probably; it's not as though I need it, and meeting Junichi Masuda would be fantastic. But I haven't won a single competition I've entered since I was eight, I've probably used up my lifetime allotment of lucky wins. xD

Years
  • If I don't win I'm literally going to be constantly on Twitter hoping someone near me who gets a ticket will use the hashtag so that I can try and Streetpass them. I'm going to be taking my XL out with me more often to try and increase my chances- if I got into my town's Game I normally get a dozen streetpasses either way. My fingers are going to be crossed all of the 20th, luckily I'm not working then so I can sit by my home phone :P I just have to hope I can get the time off work if I do win- we have a Christmas event on on the 29th so my supervisor may not be happy with me if I apply for two days off...

Hopefully they will do a serial code event for it eventually when Nintendo come to their senses.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Barely anyone has a 3DS here and if they have one they may not even own pokemon either. This method mostly only work for really big cities or crowded countries like Japan where everyone own a 3DS.

Years
  • I wish they just distributed it through GameStop/GAME, put a code for in the box, or just did a timed Wi-Fi Distribution event to where you can obtain it at you home. I live in Georgia, and we only have one Play! Event and it already passed and the next one isn't until late 2015 for us, the chances of me encountering somebody with the Eon Pass are extremely slim, so StreetPassing it is slim.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Mmmmrgh, I really want to get this but distributions like this don't happen in the Philippines.
    I know how you feel, I live in HK which is almost guaranteed to not have any distribution and I'm using a US 3ds. I really hope that they have a different distribution method for the eon ticket....

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I wish they just distributed it through GameStop/GAME, put a code for in the box, or just did a timed Wi-Fi Distribution event to where you can obtain it at you home. I live in Georgia, and we only have one Play! Event and it already passed and the next one isn't until late 2015 for us, the chances of me encountering somebody with the Eon Pass are extremely slim, so StreetPassing it is slim.

I'm in Georgia too so a little worried about getting it!

Heading to Disney World in January...so possibly pick something up there. I went to NYC last December and picked up tons of people; wish I could go back this year and just get it at Nintendo World.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I'm most likely never going to see an Eon Ticket unless I take my time to travel like 3-4 hours away not including return trip to a nearby convention. It kinda sucks, really, because I'd love to have it.

Years
  • I'm kinda confused as I've never owned a 2ds/3ds before. I'll be getting one tomorrow and pardon my ignorance but, how do i get a friend code and I live in London, how can I get the Eon ticket?

Back