• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Escape to Hearth OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
  • Eh, life happens. I had a five hour shift at Gamestop on black Friday. Meeeeh.

On the plus side, my female Riolu evolved into female Lucario and at level 34 she took down a level 44 ice type with one hit after Swords Dance. O.O I officially <3 Lucario.

Psyko Thing

GYARADOS HYPER BEAM!!!!!
    Years
  • RANDOM RANT: I love Empoleon. Empoleon is great and everything he's cool he's like my second favorite pokemon right up there with lucario (being a martial arts and all) but will some one please enlighten me on why THE F@*# empoleon part steel type. Im mean come on...F*@# me sideways

Strikit

Years
  • Empoleon has steel flippers. Duuuuuuh.

Heh, my Prinplup just evolved. Now I'm super smart in Gen IV. I used to not be, but then I bought Platinum.

I want an Action Replay, ONLY so I can get the event-exclusive items/Pokemon. I don't want to drive so many miles to get a stupid Arceus. They're not that cool.

Now, Mew, I'd do that for. But I have Mew on Yellow, so it's all good.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • I prefer Infernape. Sun Wukong for the win.
    Plus, monkey's that fight and spit fire are just awesome.
    Never was a big fan of Empoleon >_>;;

Psyko Thing

GYARADOS HYPER BEAM!!!!!
    Years
  • but having steel flipper DOESNT HELP ANYONE great he can cut his fish into delicious sushi but when im fighting flint in the elite4 and he whips out a magmortar im like...psshh easy...and he is like ummm yeah...EARTHQUAKE SUCKA and im like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! ....F#*@ MEEEEEEE SIDEWAYSSSSS!!!!!

Strikit

Years
  • I just liked it because it was blue, and I hate the look of the Chimchar family. I've never liked monkeys anyway.

Turtwig was cool, but I don't like starting with grass types. I've always loved Water types.

ShadowYashi

Years
  • XD I always love starting with the fire types.
    Daww, I think Chimchar's line is cute.
    I didn't really like Piplup's line, Empoleon looked weird to me and Prinplup was bleh
    Turtwig was okay, but Torterra's just awesome, don't really like Grotle and Turtwig.

Psyko Thing

GYARADOS HYPER BEAM!!!!!
    Years
  • i don't hate any pokemon Lucario is my ultimate fav because his style in brawl because it reminds me of a mix between Tai Chi and base Kung Fu

Totadile best water starter EVER

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • I'd rather save my fire type space on my team for something better, like my Ponyta who happens to take names.

I can have a water, electric, fire, psychic/dark/fighting/normal, poison/grass, and usually a flying, because they beat fighting. That's the way my team is usually configured.

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
    Years
  • I hope nobody minds if I pop my su in here...oh stuff it, I'll do it anyways. If it's too late to join, feel free to hit me with a fish or something. If I get something wrong, again, hit me with a fish or whatever strikes your fancy.
    Name: Roan Wittaker

Description: There's not much that really stands out about Roan at first. He's got an average height and build for his age, his hair is an average blonde colour and his eyes are an extremely average brown. All in all, he's about as average as a boy can get...until he wakes up and puts on a pair of glasses that have lenses thick enough to put in the hubble space telescope! His favourite item of clothing is a green leather trenchcoat that he wears nearly all year long, even in summer!

Personality: Due to his parents moving around a lot, Roan is often shy around new people and finds it hard to make friends. However, once he opens up to someone, he is kind, thoughtful and ready to help. He often gets himself into unusual situations and can be referred to as the 'comic releief' if the situation calls for it…or not.

In the event of conflict or a loud noise, Roan's first instinct is to either run or hide. This has resulted in him gaining an incredible running ability that either keeps him safe until he finds help, or until whatever scared him in the first place has given up on him.

History: Roan Thaddeus Wittaker was born in Australia. His father is what people would call a 'career soldier,' so his family often moved around. His mum did her best to raise her son to be friendly around other people, but it just seemed that he was destined to be that shy kid that people had to work hard to get to know.

That is, until their most recent move. Roan's dad had taken a desk job at a recruitment office, so that he could be closer to home and as a result, he would be home more often and he'd get some time to do what he always dreamed of doing: be a real dad.

On Roan's bed, there was a wrapped gift for him from his parents: a new GBA and a copy of Pokemon Sapphire! Roan had never asked for the games himself, since he considered them too hard for him, but his parents obviously thought otherwise. That was two years ago. (His parents didn't have much money on them at the time.)

Now, still at the same school, Roan has a close group of pokemon-loving friends. He is still shy and recoils from many people when he first meets them, but his confidence is slowly building.

RP sample: It had been a long time coming for Jack. His parents had always worried that he wouldn't be strong enough for a pokemon journey, due to his near permanently sickly state, but that didn't stop him. Day after day, Jack trained his body to the point where he could ignore the symptoms that had once left him bed-ridden for days at a time. After all, who wants to be stuck in bed when there's a big, wide world of Pokemon out there to explore?
    "Be careful out there Jack and if anything goes even slightly wrong, call us right away, okay?" Jack's mum said as she embraced her son in one of her famous 'crushing death hugs,' as Jack had come to call them.

"Quit coddling the boy, he'll be fine," Jack's dad said as he knelt down and placed a plain, round medallion in his son's hand. "This has been handed down from father to son for generations. Now, it's time for you to take it and live out your dreams. You can do it Jack, I know you can!" With those words, Jack's dad came closer to crying than anyone had seen, even a certain aged Scyther who was watching the whole scene play out with a mix of nostalgia and mild disgust.

"Thanks dad! Well, I gotta get going. Fortune favours the bold and all that. Bye dad, bye mum, bye Jato!" He said as he waved goodbye to his dad, his mum and the previously mentioned scyther respectively. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and there sure wasn't a thing that would get Jack down today!

Not even a mysterious shadow…

POKEMON SU
    Breed: Onix
    Nickname: Rocky Road

Description: At a 'mere' sixteen feet long, Rocky Road is obviously a very young onix. His body has a strange, triangle-shaped divot in each of his segments, which are just large enough for a person to hang onto should the need arise, although there's plenty of room to just sit on him. The back of his horn also has one of these divots, which appear to either be a birth defect, or the result of all the thrashing around that it was doing when it was found on its own. Due to his young age, Rocky Road's body is darker than an average onix, which is most likely a defense mechanism to help him stay hidden until he is older.

Personality: Rocky Road doesn't like most humans. However, after Roan explained his circumstances to the onix, he was at least willing to travel with him for the time being. His trust of all humans still has quite a way to go until it could be considered total, but this unlikely pair knows that they can rely on each other, no matter the circumstance. He also seems to have a fondness for eating pine tree needles, as well as the rocks that make up his species' regular diet.

Moveset: Tackle, Harden, Bind.

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Okay, for the final time (I promise :P) May I change my reservation to Murkrow? Thankyou :D

p.s. (I <3 Infernape ^^)

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Oh Pika!
    I just had a thought.
    How will moves be on this?
    Will you like only let the Pokemon be restricted to four moves and after the fourth move we must delete one? Or will it be like the anime and their move pool is unlimited and we can call out any move they've learned thus far when battling? I like unlimited movepools, cause it seems easier that way. . . so long as we keep track of what our Pokemon know, but it's your RP, you get the final say =3

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • I wanted to talk about this first>>>>instead of PP don't you think your poke will get more and more tired as the battle goes on? so it stands to reason that they have unlimited attacks, but they will eventually exhaust themselves and collapse. Get it?

and yea, i always hated the four move cap thingy. I'd say after eight moves, your poke would begin to lose its mastery on an old one, and you would have to re-teach it at the expense of it beginning to forget another one. like.. say your pokemon has full mastery of 8 moves, but it wants to learn another. In that case, it would pick a move to.... sort of forget. They wouldn't exactly forget it, but they would no longer be masters at using it. so here's my rule. 8 Mastered moves MAX and everything else can be...un mastered. so it does slightly less damage.

Sorry if any of that is confusing.^

[EDIT]
    Oh WTH yea, you can have unlimited movepools.

ACCEPTED good job Rockman.

BTW THE FIRST POST IS UP!

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

Years
  • I get it =3
    8 moves rather than 4 and if we wanna relearn an old move, find a move tutor.
    I'm working on a post.
    XDD it should have been done, but I'm doing everything else but the post.
    Like watching Soul Eater >_>;;

Strikit

Years
  • I haven't been able to post yet due to Christmas shopping, but it's at least one quarter done, depending on how much more I decide to write.

Strikit

Years
  • It's to where he's speaking to the nurse now, so it's all good.

Heh, it's getting wordy. I feel verbose tonight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back