• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eseka Legends: Winter's Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raposa Dalua

I disowned my sanity! ^_^
Years
  • ((Makes sense to me, ybur. =3 Feel free to have Rina remember as much about Hakira as you see fit; she can even remember being pranked or ridiculed by Hakira at some point, as that's pretty much all she'd really be remembered for in Azalea. Or, she could recognize little else than her rather outrageous appearance (c'mon, white hair, hot pink eyes, blue tattoos?). Whatever suits you best~.))

Hakira returned the blue eyed boy's friendly nod with a half smirk, half smile of her own; a grin which would most likely leave him wondering whether or not she was being sincerely friendly in response to his greeting. She then turned her attention to the young girl that had halted the group in order to address her (she had such pretty dark brown eyes, Hakira was almost envious of them), recognizing her as the supposed "tour guide." She only half listened as the black haired girl spoke, blowing off her final apology with a wave of her hand.

"Eh, don't worry about it. If it's a fire type, then findin' it should be first priority anyways," she folded her arms back and rested her head against her hands, "Though I gotta wonder how it is that you c'n lose somethin' as big as a Ponyta in the first place," she chuckled, "Musta been pretty special circumstances, I'll bet. Anywho, if we're gonna find said missin' critter, it'd be best t' keep movin', right? The tour thingy can always continue once the horsey's done bein' lost."

What was Kushin up to at this point? Why, it took him but two seconds to notice, what was to him, the very obvious and catching scent of the nearby Quilava. He stared intently at the rather disgruntled looking creature, analyzing her features down to the last detail, then he sighed wearily. That wasn't Cynda. For one thing, Cynda was male, and he was never one to let a little thing like cold get him so miserable and upset looking. The little alligator's expression slipped; he allowed his disappointment to show for a split second, but he caught himself, his indifferent frown reclaiming its spot as quickly as his facial muscles would allow. He then averted his gaze, willing his golden eyes to focus on anything but the one thing that had given him hope. It went the same way with every other encounter he'd had with a Cyndaquil, Chikorita, or any one of their evolutions. Why should today have been any different? It's not like they would've been stupid enough to agree to go to a freezing, dreary, and altogether dreadfully boring place like this, regardless of what their trainers told them or promised them. How stupid...

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    OOC: Alright, ybur. I'll wait it out, and try to post when I can.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • Tori said nothing as Rina spoke, finding himself looking at the ground again. When he heard Rina put it that way, that he didn't like strange things, he couldn't help but reconsider his first opinion. In fact.. Tori was thinking.. that it sounded awfully mean to automatically brand the people in the tour group as strange, just because he did not understand them.

But I still don't want to talk to them. Just talking to this girl--Rina--is hard enough. Talking.. why are people always so interested in talking? Even Hoshi and Kita talk all the time. He glanced at the two birds for a moment, noticing that both of them had taken up staring intensely at the Swinub near the tour group. Although it is to be expected that people capable of speech will talk to other people every day to relay.. thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. But when I do that.. Tori rubbed his forehead, now feeling quite the headache coming on. I think I would much rather just be quiet and look at those.. magnificient mountains..

Tori looked up when Rina mentioned that the tour group had started moving. She was right, and it seemed like the Swinub was leading the whole group somewhere. Sniffing, hurrying.. hungrily.. They were beginning to move further away. Maybe instead of watching and observing the mountains, he could observe the tour group and learn more about.. everything.

For a moment, Tori waited for Hoshi--or Kita, for that matter--to comment on whether or not they thought it was a good idea to follow the tour group. But neither Natu said anything, and Tori was left to decide for himself, the boy closing his eyes when the wind continued to blow into his face. The wind, a force that never had to make such an insignificant decision. He wished decisions could be like leaves caught in a breeze--with every one of their destinations up to fate.

So I guess.. I will follow. I want to understand, more. With that, he opened his eyes, although they retained their original droopiness. He gave a hesitant glance in Rina's direction, finding nothing else to signify his decision other than a quick point of a finger toward the Inn.

Without a word, Tori started walking. Truthfully, he did want to understand.. although he would much rather have stayed where he was, even as Pokemon Center employees rushed to and fro, just watching the snow on the hilltops sparkle in the light of daybreak--which no one else seemed to be paying attention to.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • A faint smile crossed the girl's tired expression when Tori silently pointed to the Inn and began walking. She nodded once and allowed to boy to take the lead, pulling the strap of her bag nearer to her neck before folding her arms and following the boy and his Natu. The girl's Parasect scuttled behind her, eyes drifting about the ground, seeing the footsteps of his trainer and her friend's as well as the prints his own four feet left over in the snow.

Rina moved at her own, slowpoke pace, making sure that Tori wasn't too far in front, gaze gradually leaving one sight for the next. There wasn't a reason to make conversation now, and she had already talked quite a lot with the boy. The trainer figured that he didn't really like conversing much with anyone other than his own two Pokemon, giving off the vibe that he never really had a good ol' everyday chat with much people. Then again, Rina was never the type to let her thoughts stink into one particular matter.

Now she was preferring a nice cup of cocoa or something to eat.

Another yawn escaped the girl as they neared the group, it occurring to her once more, that the trainer with pink eyes and Totodile looked strangely familiar. Rina rubbed one eye with a hand at the thought, moving on to the others. The person which stood out the most would have to be the tall, Egyptian-like male with his Raichu and black Persian. Then came the girl with a wooly hat decorated with fire balls, a Quilava in her arms.

Now up close, the girl could see the badge pinned on the tour guide, the older girl's hair being a black colour despite the fact that most of the people here in Alvene either had blonde of brown hair. It seemed that the hungry looking Swinub sniffing the floor was hers, and that they were using him to find something.

The final two members of the supposed tour group were two older boys, the one with white hair who wore a baseball cap, attention mostly on the small Swinub. The other had sand-coloured hair and a Smoochum in tow.

Rina walked alongside Tori, not really bothering if they were close enough to the group for anyone to notice them as the same lazy expression came over her face. And if they did, the girl couldn't help but wonder how Tori would counter their actions, the boy seemed reluctant to venture over here the first place. She slowly closed her eyes, allowing herself to rest for a brief moment, at least before these people could react to their appearance. The girl opened her black eyes and exhaled, allowing them to wander over the group in front once more.

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • Maud watched with surprise as Genki bustled off, apparently on the trail of Reith's ponyta. Maud wondered briefly if his fire-type would be as grumpy as her own, but somehow she doubted it. Hermione took after her - with a temper as short as a piece of string - and Lysander was an unreasonable beast once agitated.
    Maud didn't really know what to do, so she followed the general group. Another girl joined the group, this one accompanied by a totodile pokemon. Hermione leant her head on Maud's shoulder, as to get a better look. He was scrutinising her closely, but whatever he was looking for, he didn't find. He looked away almost immedietly. His trainer, Maud noticed, was perhaps even odder; she too had white hair, but hot pink eyes lay beneath them - almost like a proper albino. Maud felt herself suddenly growing red, surrounded by these beautiful, unique people. Maud had never been pretty, but surrounded by these strangers she had never felt so plain.

As if sensing this, Hermione nuzzled closer, and a tiny, pink tongue flicked out and licked Maud's chin. As usual, it was searing hot. Maud half-smiled.

{There's not really much to post, as no one's interacting with Maud right now.}

Last edited:

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
  • Amarezoth followed the strange group. It wasn´t usually for him, but now he had just to much interest what happened. This girl called Rina was likable and the group leader Mira was some kind of mystic. He had an eye on the two boys which joined the group. He didn´t like them, so he gave them a devalued look. Then he turned to Rina. "Your name was... Rina I think. Is that correct? I have to apologize not introducing myself. My name is Amarezoth." his vista changed in a soft smile. "So you are here with your family? Are you visiting this place for the first time? I arrived here yesterday evening, so i am glad to have a tour in this place." He stopped talking and observed her for some moments. "You don´t like talking, do you?" he said with a suddenly smoothly voice.

After a while he started talking to the girl called Mira. "There are some problems in this town i heared about. Is it true that the Pokémon center can´t regenerate Pokémon? Is the machine broken or something like that? Perhaps i could fix that if i can spot the problem. He remembered the hard Rocket training which included the technical support and the regeneration of your Pokémon, even if you couldn´t visit a Pokémon center. Then he thought about Melissa. He got scared every time he thought about her, so he shook off the thoughts.

{Am i to tired or didn´t this Pokémon answer to our excuses?} the mouse started. {It didn´t answer us. So i think it just doesn´t like us.} Sphinx answered. {The group grows bigger and bigger. I can smell the scent of each, and some are bothering me.} the Persian started to snarl. Indeed the big cat Pokémon looked like a huge dangerous panther in the crowd. They seem to be used to a look like mine. it thought. He walked on the side of his trainer Amarezoth and looked at him. He seems to turned back to a normal feeling, i think. Meanwhile Thunder climbed up his trainer. "Ow, ouch! Thunder what are you doing?" Amarezoth said. He felled he sharp claws of the Pokémon on his body. {Amarezoth, what are we doing now?} the Raichu asked as he had reached his trainers neck and shoulders. With his tail, Thunder wrapped around Amarezoth´s belly so it looked like a big belt. "Why are you asking? Are you bored?" Amarezoth asked soften. {No, that isn´t it. It´s just a strange feeling. And with my face markings i don´t know what the other Pokémon will say if i try to talk to them.} "I understand. It´s OK. Just be there and enjoy the landscape."

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Heh, I think Nigma might have confused my char with someone else's. Rina has yet to introduce herself, she just got there with Tori and she isn't all that alert. ^^;

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • "Yeah." Mira concured with the remark about a Ponyta being rather hard to loose, glad to see that the girl didn't mind helping, "It does sound kind of hard now that you mention it, but Ponytas run real fast, don't they? I bet that it's really hard to keep one in check if it decides to bolt. I mean, even Genki here can be a real handful when he's in the mood for it, and he's certainly no racing type." she cast a glance at the Swinub who was still stoically sniffing his way through the streets, the people around him giving way with reactions ranging from amusement to curiosity and annoyance, "But yeah, I guess we should get moving again, although we can't really move any faster than Genki since he's the only one who knows where we're going."

{Mira...} Serenade began, quickening his pace until he was in step with his trainer, {Are you sure that you should be so friendly with this girl?} he cast a suspicious glance at Hakira, {She looks like a troublemaker to me.}

Mira frowned, "What ever happened to 'don't judge by appearance'?" she retorted in a whisper, "Besides, we were talking about finding the Ponyta, it's not like we were planning to use it to light fire on the town or anything."

{True.} the Kirlia conceded, {I'm not saying that you should force her out of the group or anything, I'm just telling you to keep your eyes open. I know her kind, their always up to no good, and I'm not judging by appearance.} he added defensively, his eyes narrowing, {It's all written in her thoughts. Just be careful, that's all I'm saying. I don't trust her...and this group of ours is suspicious enough as it is.}

"There's a first." Mira replied sarcastically, but the Kirlia had already made his way elsewhere.

"Yeah, machine was still broken last I heard." she replied to Amazeroth's question, "So you'll probably want to avoid any pokémon battles or whatnot, because any serious wounds are going to take a long time to heal."

She then cast a quick glance across the group and had to concede that at least half of Serenade's statement had been correct. They really were quite the unusual-looking bunch, weren't they? Not only because they were all following a Swinub, but because of the way they looked. Mira alone would get the occasional odd glance for her pigment, but compared to Amazeroth or either one of these two white-haired ones here she looked practically normal.

White-haired ones...now that she thought about it, she didn't recall either one of them introducing themselves. Still, she couldn't really find any smooth way to ask for the names at the moment, so she just made a note of asking later. Despite her rather unusual appearance - or rather because of it, perhaps - there was something about the white-haired girl with her pink eyes and strange tatoos that appealed to Mira. The girl had been like that for as long as she could remember, fascinated by all things unusual and rare, and Hakira certainly was a rare sight in Alvene. Her way of speech appealed to Mira too - why Serenade would have a fit if he ever caught her talking like that, the huffy old thing - and besides, anyone the old Kirlia considered 'suspicious' was usually worth knowing in Mira's experience.

After a few moments of silence, Mira spoke up again, "Well..." she began, mostly for the benefit of those bored enough to listen, as Genki led them through one of the smaller alleyways in the town - one which was lined with various smaller shops - "Since it seems like we're heading through the town anyway, I could tell you all a bit about these places...if anyone's interested, that is." she left the offer hanging, not wanting to keep on talking without at least one approval.

Meanwhile, Serenade had found something that interested him far more than trying - in vain - to keep Mira from doing what she had decided to do. Trailing behind the group there were two more people, and one of these people had immediately caught his attention. It was a blonde-haired boy, pretty normal in appearance except for the slightly droopy look in his eyes, and he seemed to be heading towards them. What made this boy stand out, at least to Serenade, was the thoughts and feelings surrounding him...feelings of wonder, but also of confusion, of not fitting in, and...fear? Yes, the boy seemed definitely afraid of approaching the group yet he was doing it anyway. The old Kirlia couldn't help but smile. There was something so...helpless about this youth, he reminded him so much of the way Mira had been when the two had first met, and just like then, the Kirlia decided to help.

Moving calmly so as to not provoke any hostile or paniced reactions from the boy or the two pokémon with him, Serenade approached the boy. Deciding against communicating with words - with which the child seemed to have such problems - he resorted to the kind of communication that was common between his own kind but which Mira had never appreciated as she found it too 'creepy'. Emanating a faint aura of psychic energy, the Kirlia transmitted a series of carefully selected emotions to the boy. It wasn't speech, it had nothing to do with language or words, but all the same it would provide a perfectly clear message, a feeling of being welcomed and accepeted in the group, and hopefully at least a temporary safeguard against any anxieties.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • As Reith followed Genki, his pale sapphire eyes drifted to one side for a few moments, placing Hakira at the edge of his vision. That girl . . . Only judging by the smile she had earlier, determining what type of person she is might be difficult. But if I factor in her tone, inflections, mannerisms, way of walking, etc., then she seems to be an alright individual--not the type everyone would always happily interact with, but without real ill intentions either. The male's gaze shifted as he sensed Serenade's movements. Until now that Kirlia has remained by his trainer's side. Seems he's found something to do that he deems significant.

Returning his gaze to the streets ahead, Reith turned a corner while lifting his voice to answer Mira's question. "Why not? I'd feel bad if I kept these people from their tour longer than I already have."

-------------------

Kasen lifted her head. Some distance away, her ears had caught the faint sound of footsteps. Though this was nothing new, the familiar pace of one set had caught her attention. Still, when mixed with others sounds at this distance, it was hard to distinguish. What had caused her the most reason to be alert was a voice that she had not heard in a time she could only think of as too long. Tossing her head slightly with hopeful eagerness, the Ponyta began to trot through the town's streets, disregarding any who saw her and listening intently for any more clues that would lead to her trainer.

-------------------
    Some time later . . .

Halfway past a sidestreet, Reith paused. That sound. Is it--hoofbeats? The trainer turned slowly, only to find his vision filled with a blur of cream-coloured fur and flame, charging through the passage beside him. Thrown to the ground, his baseball cap askew, Reith looked up. Despite having looked for his Ponyta for so long, his expression indicated surprised as he spoke. "Kasen?"

Regaining some composure, Reith brushed snow from himself and stood, before he could finish being again thrown off balance as the horse Pokemon nuzzled his shoulder affectionately. Catching himself on Kasen's neck, Reith smiled. "Looks like you're happy to see me again," he commented jokingly before lowering his voice slightly. "It's good to see you again too. Just don't run off again, alright? You shouldn't let Tsurara's comments get to you," he chided gently.

"Alright," Kasen replied childishly before sharply glancing up, noticing everyone else for the first time--namely, the girls. "Who're they?" she asked, a hint of jealousy already entering her voice.

Reith turned. "Ah, them? I met them while I was looking for you. It's thanks to them I was able to find you. Mira used her Swinub--," he motioned to each one as he mentioned them, "to track you by the scent from your Pokeball."

Kasen was silent for a moment. Then, lowering her head in what seemed to be a polite bow, she addressed those present, the strain in her voice only scarcely detectable. "Thank you. And it's nice to meet you."

Reith translated for his Pokemon. "She said "Thanks", and that it was nice to meet you. And thanks from me, too. I really appreciate all the trouble everyone went through." The trainer smiled before pausing. "Ah, sorry. I forgot to introduce us. As you probably guessed, this is my Ponyta, Kasen. And my name is Reith Yamata." Finally straightening his baseball cap, he finished, "It's an honor to meet all of you."

Last edited:

Raposa Dalua

I disowned my sanity! ^_^
    Years
  • Hakira listened to the guide half-heartedly, occasionally nodding and smiling in agreement when needed. She supposed that the black haired girl was right; any Pokemon can bolt when startled, and most Ponyta do seem to be exceptionally fast. Still, you'd think a big white horse, especially one that's on fire, wouldn't be that hard to miss to begin with. She would have said as such had some strange Kirlia not intervened to speak with Miss Official Guide Whose Name She Couldn't Be Bothered Recall At The Moment. She couldn't catch everything from their conversation, as speaking in Kirlia wasn't her forte and she certainly wasn't close enough to hear that well, but from the tone of voice he had it was pretty clear that the huffy old thing didn't trust her. All the better; she was quite used to that sort of attitude, and she practically welcomed it. It's far more satisfying to hear the frustrated groan of her prank victims when they don't trust her to begin with. Her particularly harsh pranks tend to turn sour if the people she meets like her right off the bat.

She was brought back from her own absentminded thoughts by the words "... tell you all a bit about these places...," which appeared to be said by previously mentioned guide. She was fully at attention by that point, and a confirmation from the kid who lost his Ponyta was all she needed to know that they were finally back on track with the whole tour thing. She wasted no time in agreeing with him.

"Oh, definitely!" she responded, dropping her hands to her sides as she spoke, "Yer the guide, ain'tcha? S'only right that ya'd speak up then, s'not like ya'd need anyone's permission or nothin', I says! Go on then, I'd like t' learn abou' this place, even if no one else here does."

~~*~~

Some time later... ((Yay I ripped off Kogenta. =3))

By this point the group had reached some sort of side street, one at which Missing Ponyta Boy halted. What happened next occurred so fast that neither Hakira nor Kushin had the time to react to it properly, and, frankly, neither did MPB. He was thrown to the ground in a rather comical manner by a rampaging, fire covered machine of death... with the cutest little eyes you ever did see, yes indeedy! And while being knocked over by something as big as a horse couldn't have been very funny for the boy now sprawled on the ground, hysterical was the only word Hakira could come up with to describe the situation, as she was merely a witness. The sudden impact, a kid flying to the ground, it was like a scene right out of the cartoons she used to watch all the time when she still lived at home. And she had no problem letting other people know how she felt; not soon after it happened did she burst into a fit of laughter, and the fact that the silly horse darn near knocked him over again did little to quell her merriment. Kushin rolled his eyes at the sight, and without turning away he spoke to the black girl next to him.

{Are you quite finished with making him feel stupid?} he asked, his tone just about as cold as the air around them.

"Hee," she gasped, "Just a sec..." she took a deep breath, composing herself just in time to hear MPB's introduction. "Oooh, okay, so yer Kasen," she pointed at the Ponyta, "An' yer... Reith," she moved her hand so she was now pointing at the white-haired youth next to the Ponyta, "Interestin' names, I'll give ya that, though, t' be honest, Reith's a pretty feminine soundin' name t' me, dunno if that's suitable or not," she grinned, "An' I gotta agree that it's yer honor to meet me," she joked, performing a light bow (as she certainly was not one to curtsey), "Name's Hakira, this's Kushin, an' I know I'm happy to meetcha," she looked at the group around her, "All o' ya's. Can't say the same fer Kushin though, he ain't the most social o' critters." She smirked down at the now agitated Totodile, who attempted to hide his irritation by responding with a little huff and an apathetic shrug. To be honest, she was right; he cared little for the other people and Pokemon in the group, and that attitude was unlikely to change.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • Walking on snow for the second time was just as wonderful as experiencing it for the first time, Tori supposed, as soon as he was free of worrying over how to converse with Rina. There wasn't much to traveling on snow--a soft crunch of the ice as it was stepped on was usually all that could be said of it.. but that was the point. Every moment of it was so simple.. and yet, he had never experienced anything quite like it before. Snowflakes, icicles, fields of white.. Tori was willing to say that none of those things were very special to the residents of Alvene that saw them every day. But to him, these sights were so new.. and so worth seeing. Even the harshness in the wind was new. A new kind of power..

{Hmm? Oh, and who might you be?} Kita suddenly exclaimed, forcing Tori to focus on who she was speaking to. A Kirlia, seperated from its Trainer. The boy instantly halted, unsure of what to do now that he had noticed that the Kirlia had approached. {Well, I may as well say hello, so.. Hello, there!} Kita continued, seemingly oblivious to Tori's sudden stop. If Hoshi had noticed, he wasn't showing it. If anything, the younger Natu was probably interested in seeing the situation unfold.

Why did you come..? Tori's eyes, green and dazed, darted from the Kirlia, to the tour group, and back again as he tried to figure out why the Pokemon had bothered to walk all the way over to him and, to his confusion, just stand there.. What? Suddenly, something changed. Undeniably, something had changed. Feelings, emotions.. new, just like the experience of walking on snow.

Tori looked back at the Kirlia in front of him, and it suddenly became obvious where the strange emotions were coming from. The Psychic-type was making him feel.. accepted, as if into a group. And it was then that Tori began blinking several times, realizing that the feeling of being accepted by the Kirlia gave him another feeling.. kinship. The kind that he only felt with Hoshi and Kita. It was almost like the Kirlia.. was someone who could relate to him. Someone who could understand.

Do you see the world.. as I do?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • "Well yeah, I guess that's true." Mira conceeded at the white-haired girl's remark, "But I didn't exactly feel like babbling on about things if no-one bothers to listen. Seeing as how that's not the case, however..." she continued, taking a deep breath in preparation. Said breath didn't quite go to the intended use, however, as it was just then that Genki suddenly decided to stop.

"Hmm? Something wrong?" the girl inquired, giving the Swinub a quizzical look, "We still haven't found that-"

Genki merely snorted, pointing his nose towards a side-alley, but by the time Mira had turned her head into the indicated direction, the something that Genki had noticed had already dashed past in a flurry of colour and sound.

Somewhat bewildered, Mira spun around, just in time to see the Ponyta - and what an adorable little thing it was, too - bowl Reith over for the second time. The white-haired girl seemed to find the whole situation unbearably hilarious, seemingly laughing as hard as her lungs would permit. It is common knowledge that such mirth is incredibly contagious, and Mira couldn't help chipping in with a bit of giggling, although guilt soon silenced it. After all, being run over by anything that moved with the kind of velocity that Kasen had just had could hardly be pleasant. The girl briefly considered asking if the boy was allright, but judging by the fact that the boy didn't make the slightest complaint about the matter and didn't seem hurt in any way when he welcomed the fire type back, Mira decided to drop the subject, focusing instead on the introductions being made.

"No problem, Reith." the girl replied to the thanks she got.

{Of course it wasn't.} Genki muttered near her feet, {I was the one who did the work.}

Mira had to excercise quite a bit of self-restraint not to make a snappy comeback and - in doing so - earn herself a tour group's worth of quizzical stares, "It's nice to meet you. Oh, and you too Hakira and Kasen." she nodded to both the girl and the Ponyta in turn as she adressed them. She didn't quite agree with the remark about 'Reith' sounding like a girl's name, but couldn't be bothered to argue against it either.

"Well." the girl spoke up after a while, persistently ignoring the nudges that Genki was giving her leg and mouthing a quick 'later' in the Swinub's direction, "Now that we've got this whole rescue missiong thing sorted out, let's get back to the tour then, shall we? And since we're already here we might as well start with the wonderfully scenic haggler's alley." she performed a wideish sweeping gesture to encompass the alley they were in and the various - mostly closed - establishments on both sides.

"As the name implies, this has traditionally been - and still is - a place for part-time peddlers, family shops, and other smaller bussinesses run by people who either can't afford a place by the square or don't want the attention it brings. Now because of the festival it's pretty much closed all over around here." she continued, taking up a fairly brisk walking pace and hoping that the others would take the hint and follow, "Most of them are not taking the day off, though." the girl added, "They're just moving their wares over to temporary stalls in the square, since that's where everyone in this town winds up sooner or later on the holiday seasons so once the celebration starts I'm sure you'll find no end of cheap souvenirs and 'authentic'" she pronounced the word in a decidedly sarcastic way, "...goods, all of them 'top quality' and probably 'hand made' with the sweat and blood of the shopkeepers' families. Needless to say, most of these goods are just cheap fakes, and you'll probably be overcharged to boot, at least if you look rich enough." the girl slowed down for a moment as an unusually sharp turn came along, so as to not lose the ones at the back.

"There are going to be some more shops and houses on the way." she announced over her shoulder, "But after about five minutes or so we'll get back to one of the big roads, so if there's somewhere you're just dying to be led, then you ought to tell me when we get there. In the mean time, are there any questions?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While all of these events unfolded, Serenade remained mostly preoccupied with Tori, only sparing the time for a brief 'hello' in response to Kita. These kinds of bonds were delicate, and the smallest lapse of concentration could force him to start it all over again.

'Yes...' he replied simply at Tori's question, making sure to keep his words few and simple, 'I do.'. It was just then, however, that the group decided to get moving again.

Not wanting to leave the boy but not wanting to get separated from Mira either, the Kirlia quickly turned back to adressing Tori, sending a new wave of reassurance as well as a suggestion...a suggestion that he should follow the group - at least for now - and a promise that he wouldn't let anything bad happen to him.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • OOC:

Um.. since no one said it yet..

Happy New Year, everybody! =D I hope you all have a good one. ^^ Oh, and I also apologize for not being able to say anything spiffy-er. o.o Yay for 2007~

IC:

For a moment, however brief, Tori found himself stunned, his eyes never moving from Serenade. He hadn't expected a response, much less the answer that the Kirlia had given. The wind, which had been so wicked and near, now seemed so mild, far away. Truly? He was perfectly capable of movement, and yet he did not dare take a step, nor do so much as clench his fist. But although he was not distracted by such movement, Tori found it difficult to continue after the first word. He hesitated, trying to decide what was best. Tell him? Tell the Kirlia what he had been hoping to tell others for so long? Or play it safe, and keep his thoughts to himself? He could not have such a conversation with Hoshi or Kita..

A lump formed in Tori's throat, and he grimaced in utter indecision. He had known this Kirlia for less than a few minutes. There was great risk in trusting him. And yet.. why fear such a thing? Tori paused in his silent pondering, noticing a sudden wave of feeling flowing through him. It was the Kirlia, gently and carefully giving him reassurance; confidence and encouragement. Tori could almost hear him, as if he were speaking softly, saying that it was safe to follow the tour group. At the thought, Tori visibly flinched.

Is it not obvious? Suddenly, Tori's thoughts—hidden for so long—were willing themselves to come out. The desire to express his feelings overran the fear of rejection. I do not belong there. I won't belong there until I can understand people. Their worries, fears, hopes, and values are baffling to me.. there are few times when I can communicate with someone—anyone—on the same level. If I follow you, I cannot speak.. because.. I am still learning.. to see things how others see them..

The will to speak out left him all too soon, and whatever else Tori was going to say after his last sentence was bottled up once more. His gaze left Serenade, and he found himself looking at the footprints in the snow on the ground. He could feel the wind again in all its strength, constantly nipping at him without mercy. Perhaps it was only magnified to him alone, given that he was not used to it, but still.. Tori looked back at the tour group again, noticing that all six people were moving on, which had probably been why the Kirlia had told him to follow. Tori's mind dwelled on his earlier words as he looked on, wishing that he had put them in a nicer way. I'm sorry.. Before he could think of anything else to say, Kita's voice pierced through his thoughts.

{Tori! Don't just stand there, the group is moving! Don't you want to find..} Kita began, quite loudly. She trailed off at the end, reconsidering mentioning anything about Tori's future while she was around someone relatively unknown to her, such as Serenade. {..what we're looking for? We can't find it if you don't know anything about Alvene. Even Hoshi knows that, don't you, brother?} There was a pause after Kita finished, and Tori waited for the expected dreadful reply from Hoshi, while still looking forward. However, said reply never came.

{Hoshi? Aren't you going to say anything?} Kita asked, before finally she seemed to realize something, said realization dawning on her expression. {Oh, no wonder. Look, Tori, he's seeing something.} And that's just what Tori did, forgetting about Serenade and the tour group for only a moment, turning his head a bit to sneak a glance at the Natu on his left. Unmoving, Hoshi seemed to be doing nothing but stare straight into the air in front of him.. in the absence of his pupils, of course.

{W-Whoa.. lucky.} Hoshi whispered, almost out of nowhere, shaking and shivering as he came out of his vision. The little one kept shivering, until he noticed that both Tori and his sister were watching him. Hoshi frowned for a second, flapping his wings irritably. {What!? …Oh, you wanted to know what I saw. Yes, well, something good is going to happen to..} Hoshi paused, silently scanning the area for only a few moments before pointing to someone in the tour group with a tiny wing. {..that boy right there, by the Ponyta; the one with white hair and that bluish.. grayish.. scarf-thing. In about five minutes.}

{Oh. Why is it always five?} Kita asked, as Tori began walking, after making sure that the two Natu were quite finished. He wasn't sure if he should say anything else to the Kirlia, although he still felt sorry for snapping, before Hoshi had had his vision. I'm sorry.. Tori repeated, forcing himself to finish his thought. These days.. there are none but two who ever try to understand. And that was it. Tori did not want to talk anymore. Knowing the way things always turned out, it would only bear undesirable results. For now, good could only come from learning, no matter how boring it sounded. For a moment, he gave a backward glance toward Rina and Dot, mostly just to check if they were still following the tour group as well, and then looked forward again, hearing the snow softly crunch beneath his feet as he walked.

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • OOc-

Yes indeed, have a Happy New Year guys! Here's to hoping this'll be greater than the last. =D

IC-

Rina turned her gaze as Serenade approached Tori, peering curiously at the Psychic type, she had never seen such a Pokemon before. The girl slowly realised that he must've been one that came from the region of Hoenn. Judging by the white skirt and red horns, a Ralts or Kirlia. The girl had yet to see one, and she was never too keen on brushing up her Pokemon knowledge.

The Emotion Pokemon began communicating with Tori, probably by utilising it's psychic powers. Rina wasn't too sure, since the only sound that could be heard was the sloshing of the snow, their boots along with the wind and their breathing. The girl slowed her relatively normal pace, not wanting to intrude.. whatever was going on between the two. She maintained her silence, as did the Parasect beside her, as he overheard the two Natu's conversation. Kita was speaking of them looking for something in Alvene, following that by asking why her brother wasn't commenting.

{Oh, no wonder. Look, Tori, he's seeing something.}

Tiny tilted his head, looking up to see that Hoshi's eyes were pupil-less. The Bug type flinched at the sight, quickly whipping his head back to the street that lay before him. The Parasect heard something along the lines of five minutes and a boy being lucky as he studied the group ahead. He took notice of the fact that a mysterious Ponyta had appeared out of nowhere, and that she seemed to belong to the trainer Hoshi had pointed out.

Rina allowed her eyes to meet Tori's for a quick second as he turned back, before she looked away to scan the many small shops they passed. She returned to her original walking pace, not bothering to quicken her feet since the boy was only a few steps up front, while the tour group was rounding a corner. So far, the day was turning out to be pretty boring...

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Ah yes, new year...forgot about that last night, besides, I wasn't really in the happiest of moods. Ya' see, our doggie was...ah, what's the word now? >.<...put out of her misery (Meh, yish, that's the word that will have to do I guess) today. The poor thing really didn't have a chance anymore, what with swallowing or standing up being next to impossible and her lungs beginning to fail. *Growls* Stupid cancer! ;_; Oh well, at least she lived 'til the end of the year and, hopefully, had a good life. .___.

But personal concerns aside, yes, happy new year everyone, and hopefully yours started out better than mine. ^^

IC:

Serenade merely listened patiently to the thoughts asailing him, seemingly taking no offense whatsoever, a slight hint of a smile on his features. Clearly he had misjudged this boy when he thought of his situation as that of the early Mira. No, this child...he wasn't the same, he was worse off, his mind shielded by barrier after barrier, all of them intent on keeping everybody out, even as Tori himself seemed to want nothing more than to let it all out. Even in her worst, most anti-social state, even when she wouldn't speak to her family and ran off into the surrounding wilderness at every opportunity, even then she had someone she confided to without any reservations. Mira had always had...him, and although the Natu twins - Hoshi and Kita, they seemed to be called - were obviously very close to Tori, there was still something which he didn't seem to confide...even to them. With such internal pressure - contained for goodness knows how long - it was actually a wonder that the boy hadn't cracked already.

The Kirlia decided to focus on this for a moment as Tori briefly conversed with his pokémon - well, if you could call it conversation. Determined though he was not to pay too close attention, the psychic type couldn't help noticing something rather peculiar: for a brief moment, the rather meager psychic prowess of one of the Natus seemed to spike, jolting up to a level of power easily rivaling his. Before Serenade had even properly recovered from the shock, the strange disturbance was gone again, however, leaving him to wonder whether his senses had been playing tricks or him. Still, this boy was quite an unusual case in his own right, so he certainly wasn't going to rule out exceptional properties from his pokémon either.

The Kirlia's eyes narrowed ever so slightly as he scrutinized the other psychic pokémon, but he soon returned them back to normal. If, indeed, there had been any unusual psychic activity it certainly wasn't showing itself at all. Both birds were once again only emanating the usual weak, rather unfocused waves common to untrained psychics who had only begun to discover their power.

'Still...' a litte voice at the back of the Kirlia's mind persisted, 'That kind of power...I haven't felt it's like for years. In fact, I haven't felt it since-no!' he quickly forced his mind to calm as the memories came back unbidden, 'She's gone, moved on, let those memories rest. It can't be her and you'll only worry the child and yourself with such emotions.'

After a while, the Kirlia's state of mind stabilized again and the psychic type heaved a sigh of relief; Tori had been focusing on his own pokémon and had probably missed the whole thing. That was the bad part of emotional linking: it sometimes conveyed more than you wished, Serenade shuddered at the thought of what the full impact of his memories could have caused to someone in a state as vulnerable as Tori's.

He smiled slightly at the child's continuous apologies, conveying back a feeling which definitely conveyed the message of 'I've had worse, don't worry about it.'. The Kirlia then paused for a bit, the next part would be tricky without resorting to words, so he wanted to, at the very least, give Tori some time to recover from the previous impression first.

'I know it's hard.' he replied at last, 'But practice is a part of the learning. Don't worry, I'll do my best to keep you from being overwhelmed. My trainer...for all her faults, she should understand the situation, I think.' the psychic type didn't dare to elaborate further, afraid that what he had said thus far might already have been to much in one go, and focused instead on emanating the usual calming sensations instead as he began moving forward in pace with the boy.

{Mira.} the Kirlia called out psychically as he noticed that the tour group was rapidly moving out of sight.

'Serenade?'
    the message that came in response was a mixture of confusion and annoyance, 'What's the big idea contacting me with all this psycho-stuff and-Serenade?' the voice of Mira's thoughts became slightly more agitated and Serenade could practically see his trainer looking around in search of him, the girl was so accustomed to his presence that she had a bad habit of taking it for granted, 'Where the heck are you?!'

{I'm just a bit behind the group.} the psychic type replied, {Don't worry, I just need you to slow down a bit so we can catch up.}

{We?}

{There's a boy and two pokémon with me here.}
    Serenade cast a glance over his shoulder, {And a girl too, by the looks of it, they'd like to join the tour group.}

{Well why don't you just tell them to hurry up then?}

{It's not that simple.} Serenade retorted, {Look, it's a bit difficult to explain and I assume that the others are already giving you odd looks, so just do as I say for now, allright? You'll understand once you meet the boy.}

"Whatever." the trainer replied, "But this had better not be another one of your attempts at getting me to pick up on 'good influences'."

The Kirlia smiled a bit for himself, even after all these years the girl still couldn't help throwing in those little cynical comments whenever she thought she was coming off as 'too soft'.

'They'll slow down enough for us to catch up.'
    he informed the others, this time letting Rina in on the message as well.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • OOC:

This page is officially dedicated to Charon-chan~

May our paths cross again someday.
    Until then, you shall be missed, friend.

Oh, man.. I'm sorry she had to leave like that, Alter. What a way to start off the year.. D=

But.. your doggie isn't gone forever. You'll see her again, someday. If you could still use a hug, though, I'm sure everyone will be here for ya in an instant. ^^

IC:

Tori's gaze never seemed to stay on one thing for too long, moving from the darkened shop window on his left, to the elderly lady near a different shop on the right, who was looking for something in her purse. Up ahead, a light-haired boy was locking a door. These things were so ordinary. Quaint. And yet the sights around him were so unfamiliar, making them unsettling at the same time. All the more reason why taking the tour was the best way to go, even though that in itself shared the same qualities of the things he had seen in Alvene thus far. Intriguing, but obviously foreign to him; and unpredictable.

As he continued walking, Tori became more aware of the fact that the Natu on his shoulders had fallen silent, apparently gazing through the shop windows with curiousity. The two had probably already lost all interest in Hoshi's recent vision, completely absorbed into trying to find something else to talk about, like a shiny little trinket. They were so innocent, unaware of their.. origins. Talking with the Kirlia was a big reminder of their past--although Tori was grateful that communicating with him was much less of a nightmare.

The boy shuddered at the memory, although he stopped thinking about it when he noticed that the Kirlia was replying to him, sending him new feelings and messages. Apparently, the Kirlia wasn't offended in the least. That was good--he was getting a second chance to work on his words..

{I know it's hard. But practice is a part of the learning. Don't worry, I'll do my best to keep you from being overwhelmed. My trainer...for all her faults, she should understand the situation, I think.}

Tori resisted the urge to raise his eyebrows, avoiding eye contact with the Kirlia until he was sure that the Psychic-type was paying attention to something else. This Kirlia.. he is so.. honorable. Quickly, Tori occupied himself with keeping his gaze forward and locked onto the tour group, hoping that the Kirlia had not picked up on the thought. After a while, though, Tori was staring at the ground again, wanting nothing more than to know that what the Kirlia said was true.. and that it was a good idea to get involved with the group, as opposed to merely watching.

Tori couldn't help glancing back at the Kirlia as he announced that the tour group would slow down, feeling Hoshi and Kita react to the sudden message on his shoulders. His eyes moved to Kita as she opened her beak to say something, but then decided to keep her rhetorical question to herself when she figured out that it had been a psychic message. The boy looked at the Kirlia again, suddenly noticing that through their whole conversation, there had been no mention of names. Tori did not dare say anything, though, for fear that it would conjure another easily avoidable conversation--even though it would mean that he would still have to think of the Kirlia.. as "the Kirlia."

………

Meanwhile, an entirely different occurrence was taking place on a rooftop just above the path of the tour group. As smoke poured out of a nearby chimney, a Sneasel and a particularly sizable Delibird were perched atop the apex of the building, separated only by the Delibird's delivery bag.

Oddly enough, it seemed that the Sneasel was idly standing by--tapping one foot and everything--while the Delibird slowly attempted to cut coupons with a scissors. The silence seemed to serve only to intensify the situation somehow, and it seemed as if the Sneasel was aware of it. As the wind continued to blow, said Sneasal anxiously scanned the area around the chimney for a bit, before facing the Delibird and speaking to it in a hushed, yet hurried voice.

{Ugh.. hurry it up, will you!?} the Sneasel snapped, folding its arms. {You don't know what I went through to get those!} The Delibird only grimaced in response, struggling to use the scissors with his wing. The strip of two "One free breakfast meal" coupons, for use at the local Inn, shook violently in the Delibird's grip as the wind blew on.

{Relax, man.. no-one's coming..} the Delibird began, eventually cutting the coupons apart from one another, and placing the two of them in his delivery bag. {Besides, it is quite difficult indeed to cut coupons with wings.} the Delibird held one wing up for emphasis, {If you insist on pestering me about it every three seconds, then do it yourself.}

{I can't!} the Sneasal exclaimed, wincing at the volume. The Ice-type looked around hurriedly, then lowered his voice to a whisper before speaking again. {I have claws for hands, man!}

{Well I guess that's it, then! We're going by my pace, and don't you forget it!} the Delibird said, with a triumphant nod. He bent over for a second, to secure another strip of coupons from the pile of them under one of his webbed feet, this time starting with a strip of six "One free breakfast meal" coupons. Unfortunately for the two Ice-types, however, it was just then, as he was removing the coupons from the pile, that the wind picked up again, and the coupons blew right out of his wing, swiftly flying through the air for a bit before whizzing downward, past the second floor window, past the first floor awning, and all the way down to the ground near Reith's feet.

{You idiot!}

{What!?}

{You lost six coupons!}

{Well, go get 'em, then!}

{I can't get them now! They'll know it was me!}

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • [OOC: In regard to your dog, Alter Ego, sorry--not that sorry can do anything, but . . . Anyway, I hope the rest of your year is better.]

In response to Hakira's uncontrolled laughter and Mira's subsequent--though brief--giggle, Reith only smiled while running a hand through Kasen's fiery mane. Meanwhile, the Ponyta buried her face in his side and flattened her ears affectionately, listening raptly to the conversation but currently satisfied to ignore it and give no sign of attention toward the others. Though the trainer's expression displayed slight embarrassment regarding his earlier tumble in the snow, he seemed somehow still undisturbed and offered a good-natured laugh in response to the white-haired girl's comment regarding his name.

"Hakira and Kushin," he repeated before continuing, "Well, Hakira, I think your name is pretty suitable for a girl, too." Reith then turned to Hakira's Totodile, studying the miniature crocodile Pokemon for half a moment before speaking. "I have some Pokemon who aren't too social either. And however they may act or whatever others may think of them, they possess rare character qualities that make them some of the best Pokemon I could hope to know." For a moment, the male trainer's eyes shone with an inward glow, akin to a white light radiating from beneath the surface of a lake. "I don't doubt that you're the same." Suddenly, the light dimmed, and Reith turned away, briefly smiling at Kushin before directing his attention toward Mira and the tour.

As the group walked down the street, Reith gently led Kasen along, resting one hand on the side of the horse Pokemon's shoulder to guide and steady her. Meanwhile, the pale-haired trainer's gaze roved slowly about, resting only when it met something Reith desired to remember. This festival must bring a considerable amount of income to the people of Alvene. I wonder if I'll see anything resembling my bracelet at the stands. After all, it was originally made in this town. Hearing Mira allowed an opportunity for the group to ask questions, Reith prepared to speak before pausing to reconsider his words. Anything I'd ask would probably sound too strange and hardly be tour-related. For the moment, I should continue familiarizing myself with Alvene. After all, questions are more effective when you know what to ask.

Lifting his eyes from the snow where he had unconsciously directed his vision, Reith silently wondered, "Father, I haven't been able to find you anywhere else I've looked. But for some reason I can't help but wonder . . . Did you ever make it to Alvene at all?" The trainer's thought's were interrupted as a piece of paper drifted to the snow nearby and drew both him and his curiosity toward it. Kasen turned as she felt Reith's hand withdraw from her shoulder. Trotting a few paces toward her trainer, she lowered her head until it was level with Reith's as he knelt to pick up the now slightly-damp object.

"They're coupons . . . " he murmured, glancing skyward in search of their source. Beginning to draw Korr's Pokeball into his palm, Reith began, "I'm almost tempted--No. They could have come from most anywhere. Not sure it would be worth the search." He allowed his bracelet to slip back into his sleeve. Petting the top of Kasen's head in passing as he stood, Reith turned toward those present. "Um, I guess I might have a question." The male lifted one hand to display the coupons. "Which Inn is this for?"

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Nyah, 'tis all good you guys, I appreciate the sentiment. ^^ (Would ask for a hug too, but that would be kind of pathetic xD) The way I see it, I'm glad that our dog lived 'til 2007. ^^

Anyways, I can't really think up anything proper for Serenade to say/do at the moment, so Plushie and Yibber...if you would be so kind as to guide your characters to the rest of the group? ^^

IC:

"Hmm?" Mira directed her attention back to Reith at the boy's question, casting a glance at the coupons he was holding up, "I think those are for old man whatshisface's place." she replied, inwardly cursing her inability to remember the man's name. It wasn't really such a big surprise, though, as she had successfully managed to get on the innkeeper's foul side with some gracious assistance from Genki and his appetite.

Fortunately, dad had bailed her out of that one, but boy had that been an icy trip home. It was also on that very day that Mira had been told, in no uncertain terms, that she was not to let the Swinub loose in any facility connected to food. She decided to shrug these thoughts off for now, though, as the answer still seemed unfinished, "It's the inn by the town square." the girl tilted her head slightly, "Where'd you get those, though?"

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • OOc-

Gah, sorry about your doggie, Titan... I really hope that no other significantly bad thing will happen to any of us in 2007. ^^;

IC-

Rina broke from her train of thought, blinking as she heard a sort of voice speaking to her. In her mind. The girl glanced at the Kirlia who was telling her that the tour group would be slowing down for them. The trainer nodded, though her steps were not giving off any noticeable change of pace, reaching one hand to her head to adjust her cap. The girl allowed her hand to drop back in the strap of her bag after a moment or so, jogging up to Tori's side before returning to her slow walk. Dot followed suit, eyes switching between the Natu and Kirlia as he felt out of place, near intimidated. They were trio Psychic Pokemon while he was just a single bug, size was never regarded as much to the mushroom creature, no.

{B-But still..}the Parasect murmured to himself, knowing that he couldn't.. no, didn't, want to leave Rina's side. It had been a long time since he was returned to his pokeball against his decision.

And, well, the bug did not wish to replay the past situation in his mind. Dot resumed to walking behind Rina as they approached the group, erasing whatever thoughts from before out of his mind as his white eyes rested themselves on the variety of Pokemon not too far ahead.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • OOC:

Eh..? Isn't it perfectly natural to want a hug? Here, take it! Take it, and don't give it back! xDD *hug* Seriously, though, I hope everything gets better for ya, man. ^^

Oh, and.. on a lighter note.. I have recently realized..

Naruto manga + Scanner = Love

IC:

Tori had a plan. Or at least, he was making an attempt at having a plan. Usually, Tori did not make plans for anything, but for this situation he would make an exception. First, he would make his way into the group (at the same time as, say, the Kirlia), quietly. This would hopefully qualify as what Hoshi would refer to as a "smooth move." Then, Tori would observe as much as he could before he was spoken to, at which point he would introduce himself at the very most. Short conversations, short. He had no business making judgments about anything if the point was to learn more about how other people (such as those in the tour group) saw things.

Suddenly, he saw someone approach out of the corner of his eye, and Tori's mind was immediately cleared of his "plans." The boy resisted the urge to pick up the pace when he noticed that it was Rina, who was completely caught up with him in just a few moments. Thankfully, though, the girl probably didn't have a good reason to converse, which meant a lot less worrying for Tori, as far as he was concerned. He took a few deep breaths once he had averted his gaze from Rina, some of his hair falling into his face for a moment. Second chances, second chances..

It was no sooner than Tori had pushed his stray locks away from his face, that he noticed that he and Rina had practically joined the tour group. Hoshi and Kita had noticed too, which was obvious because of their unsettled movements. They probably weren't nervous, though--the boy could guarantee that Kita, if not both Natu, would speak up if they felt overly uncomfortable. Especially Kita.

Tori now found himself walking behind two people with white hair, one being the boy that Hoshi had pointed out earlier. He briefly listened to the exchange between him and the black-haired girl upfront--the prime subject of their conversation being coupons and an Inn--before he gave a hesitant glance in Serenade's direction, hoping he wouldn't have to say or do anything special now that he had caught up with the tour group. Already, he felt out of place..

OOC:

Nyah. I now find myself completely out of time. :B

So, um.. I'll have to reply to AD tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back