• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eseka Legends: Winter's Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • OOC: No worries, I can actually understand acute game addiction quite well (Gone through that like...three or four times now. xD). Out of curiosity, though, what game was it? ^^

IC:

"People...don't, really." Mira conceded in response to Tori's question - well, the one he had completed anyway - for some odd reason, giving this reply made her feel guilty somehow. Were grandma's lectures getting to her? She certainly hoped not, "I mean, most don't." she added, "The older folks are still at it, ritual outfits, candles, songs...everything, but most people nowadays think that it's a bunch of superstition." she paused, trying to ignore the strangely solemn, almost shameful, feeling that the snow-covered slab was giving her. In an attempt to distract herself, she cast a glance across the group, noting that Hakira had apparently obtained something to eat on the way - goodness knew when and how - which in turn made her remember the lack of edible things in her own morning with painful clarity. Granted, this did break the strange tension she had felt, but the renewed complaints of her stomach really weren't much of an improvement. The fact that a huge Parasect was also scuttling across the snow-covered ground didn't exactly help matters either.

'Right...' she told herself sternly, 'Don't think about food...don't think about food, anything but food and for heaven's sake keep your mouth shut unless you're talking or you'll end up drooling on yourself. Now stop spacing out, stop thinking, get back to the tour...NOW!'

Luckily, Hakira's voice pretty much cut through the unger-induced monologue, "I dunno about payin' respects or anythin' like that" the other girl announced, "...but I'm in agreement with this kiddo here," she grinned, casually pointing her thumb in Tori's direction at the statement, "Dawnbringer, ye called it? I'd like t' go there too, if only t' see if'n it's as spectacular as it's named."

"That's two votes for the shrine, then." Mira remarked, nodding, "This being the case, that will be our first target. Hope that's okay with everyone, if not then too bad, because you had your chance to speak up." she tried to maintain her usual smile, although it was getting slightly more strained now, "Let's get going then."

With that, the girl took up a brisk walking pace again, heading down the western street while still guiding along Tori in a half-aware manner. The faster this tour thing was over and done with, the faster she could go and have something to eat.

Serenade, meanwhile, had been so deep in thought that he barely paid attention to what was being said, so entranced was he, in fact, that he hadn't even bothered to cast a reprimanding look in Hakira's direction for calling Tori a 'kiddo' and pointing at him in such an uncouth way. Although he said nothing, the Kirlia's mind was busy at work, the last words - well, thoughts to be exact - of the Persian still playing in his mind. Over and over again...

'If you want to do something if it happens...then you are a very brave one. But if you can´t handle it, and I think that will happen...run-like-hell'

There had been something ominous in the way the cat pokémon had spoken, but far stronger than any concern about the potential treath that Amarezoth posed was the memory in his mind. An old memory, older than his trainer, even, but still crystal clear in his mind's eye: the howling of the wind...the fierce rustle of the leaves in the dark, intimidating figures of the trees...the bombardment of cold raindrops against his frail skin...the endless sea of wet grass taking turns in clinging to his tiny feet to hamper his progress and whipping his body and disproportionately large, clumsy head, leaving small reddened marks across the tender skin, each one a punishment, a reprimand for his inexcusable failure...and then, rising above the maelstorm of noise and motion around him, a scream of pain so horrible and piercing that it sliced through his consciousness like a knife.

{I would recommend...} a casual voice broke in through the Kirlia's reveries, {That you would get up now and start moving again. Not that your probably care about what I have to say...}

Serenade blinked, his mind demanding a few seconds of recupation before it agreed to move from past to present again, at which point he finally recognized the apathetic face of the Swinub towering above him.

{Genki?} the psychic type rose up rather shakily, his heart still pounding furiously and his whole body trembling. His breath went in and out in tatters and he also found himself painfully aware of how cold it was.

{I've been called that.} the little pig remarked as he turned back towards the departing backs of the tour group, starting to cover ground at quite a considerable rate, {But I have to move if I want to get my food. You should ask for some too.} he added, {Otherwise that will probably happen again. Can't live on thoughts I always say, but it's not like you ever listen to me...} the Swinub would probably have shrugged at this point were he physically capable of it, increasing his movement pace further.

Serenade heaved a sigh of relief. Thank goodness for the Swinub's food fixation, he seemed to have missed the whole episode, and the other pokémon were with the tour group, so odds were that they had been too far ahead to notice. Taking a brief pause to calm himself, the Kirlia teleported a small distance forward, deciding to cover the rest of the distance by foot so as to not attract suspicion. 'I thought I was stronger than that...' he thought for himself, 'But even if I'm not...' his gaze hardened briefly as it fell on Amarezoth again, 'I won't run away. I'll never run away again.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meanwhile, in a certain clearing not too far from the inn, there was a subtle flash of movement by the seemingly lone collection of 'snow critters', the quiet flapping of small wings briefly stirring up a tiny cloud of snow and ice particles before settling again, leaving behind nothing more than a fairly discreet pile of snow by the 'critters'.

{Beautiful...} the inconspicious pile muttered quietly, a small pair of beetle-black button eyes popping out from underneath the white and admiring the snow Togetic, {Aesthetically pleasing it is, this servant thinks, and she knows quite a bit, yes she does, because she's smart and cultured - yes she is - even though she's always had a bad back. This servant is not useless at all - no she's not - and neither does she talk too much, big meanie Shizuka is just jealous of her people skills, yes she is. It is not this servant's fault that she has a bad back and meanie Shizuka makes her carry too much, no it's not.} the pile of snow huffed, {Well, she will prove this to meanie Shizuka this time, yes she will.} the eyes turned towards the north-west, tiny wings once again flapping into motion as a small cloud of ice and snow was stirred up once more, dissolving in a few more moments and leaving the clearing as devoid of people as before.

OOC: Ohh...angst and foreshadowing. I was actually planning to work in this little interlude a long while ago, but kept forgetting. Oh well, better late than never, yes? ^^

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • [OOC: Whether or not we are able to meet again Charon, I hope you live well and overcome whatever difficulties you meet. Although life requires sacrifices, never lose that within yourself which you hold to be most precious.
    ---------
    Er, by the way, because I should probably actually be studying for my next finals at the moment, I was only able to briefly read a number of the posts previous to this one. Thus, I apologize if my post seems out of context. Please correct me, and I will edit.]

"Just found them on the ground a moment ago. The wind blew them here, I suppose . . . " Reith shrugged, folding the coupons neatly in half before slipping them into his pocket for future use--whether by him or anyone else. So, town square . . . Pretty sure I saw that inn a while back. Wonder if anyone in this group is staying there. They'd probably be the ones most likely to use the coupons.

Placing both hands in his pockets, Reith quietly followed the tour group, savoring the cold, fresh air that constantly whipped about him and the sensation, however valid or invalid, that glittering frost was forming on his already-white hair. Meanwhile, Kasen followed faithfully at his side, a gentle warmth constantly radiating from her and creating a contrast between the temperatures felt by his left and right halves that, had he not been accustomed to it, might have felt strange. At various points, people spoke to one another, the crunch of their footsteps in the snow an underlying rhythm to their words while the more distant actions of people outside the group remained a constant murmur. Aside from the clear, revitalizing scent of nature and snow that seemed to prevail throughout the town, homely, mouth-watering fragrances drifted out of several stores, marking them as carriers of food.

Having nothing to say himself, Reith listened attentively to the other people converse, turning his gem-like eyes toward Tori for a time before consciously moving their gaze away to lessen the boy's discomfort. Quite the tour group has assembled--not only the Natu trainer, but those who are already here. Amazeroth particularly grows increasingly interesting. That he is well-involved in both internal and external conflict is evident. But the cause of his inner chaos . . . That remains a mystery. Hearing Mira began to tell a local legend regarding Alvene's history, Reith felt his attention suddenly and firmly grasped, as though a hand had enclosed his mind within its fist. Memories began to flood the white-haired male's head as he unconsciously slowed his pace. Mom told me this legend once . . . No, far more than once. I remember hearing it so many times, and every time I'd want to hear it at least twice, always hoping to find out more. Reith looked up at Mira, his pale blue eyes luminous and cold, yet their light soft as falling snow. I wonder how much she knows.

Adjusting the angle of his glance, Reith noted that Tori seemed to have relaxed slightly--if the word "relaxed" could ever truly be applied to him. Turning to Kasen, Reith leaned slightly toward her and whispered a few words into her ear. She nodded, her large, dark eyes shimmering with their usual, childish brightness. Removing his hands from his pocets, Reith caerfully guided Kasen toward the front of the tour group, drawing her slightly near to Tori, though not close enough for him to feel intimidated or threatened. "Your name is Tori, right?" Reith asked gently--not as one speaking to a child, but perhaps more one addressing a troubled friend. "It's alright if you want to familiarize yourself with the wind, but if you want to stay warm, my Ponyta's good for helping with that." The trainer smiled reassuringly. "Even though I was born and raised in Eseka, it's still great to have a friend around who has a fire that never goes out and never burns an ally." Here, Reith moved forward a little so he was no longer between Tori and Kasen, looking back over his shoulder as he finished, "Whatever you decide, I don't mind."

Still smiling, Reith turned to Mira as he commented, "I don't think going to the shrine sounds like a bad idea either." The trainer paused as he heard Mira's stomach remind her of its current, acutely empty state. Reith was silent for a brief moment, as though thinking. Then, smiling anew, he casually said, "Actually, why don't you guys go ahead. I'll catch up in a bit." Turning about to face Kasen, Reith briefly scratched the bases of the Ponyta's ears before running his hand down her muzzle. "Don't worry, Fire Princess. I'll return soon. Until then, be good." Then, without another word, Reith parted from the group and vanished around a corner.

If I recall correctly, we passed a bakery not long ago . . . One girl even made a few purchases from it. If I can find it again-- A familar aroma wafted about Reith, stopping him somewhat abruptly and causing him to turn. There it is.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: No worries, Kogenta. It's all koshur. Oh, and good luck with your finals. Erm...that is assuming that you haven't already passed them by now. ^^

Anyway, I was actually hoping to gather some more posts before I continued, but seeing as how everyone seems to be busy at the moment...

IC:

Wrapped in her largely food-related concerns as she was, Mira only paid half-minded attention as another person came around to introduce himself to Tori. It was, her vision vaguely recognized, Reith, after all. That boy was so bloody agreeable that he almost put Isa to shame, and that was no small feat. It wasn't like he'd ever be up to trouble.

"Actually, why don't you guys go ahead. I'll catch up in a bit."

The girl nodded absent-mindedly to acknowledge Reith's excuse, only properly registering it once the boy was already a fair distance away. Gee, had she been that boring as a guide? Were people leaving the group with lame excuses already? Now on one hand, Mira wouldn't have minded that as it would have meant that she would once again be free as a bird. But still, it kind of hurt her self-esteem to have people leaving like that. Oh well, she concluded in a slightly grumpy manner, shoving her hands deep into the pockets of her coat to keep the cold away from the fingers, there was no use crying over spilled milk.

Had she been a bit more attentive of her surroundings, she might have noticed the fact that Reith's Ponyta was around and drawn the logical conclusion from it. But alas, there was a line after which hunger overrode most of a person's common sense, and Mira's hunger had not only crossed that line, but swarmed over it like a horde of ravenous locust, greedily devouring every crop and plant it came across and leaving nothing but barren wasteland in its wake. The girl groaned quietly, having to retreat one of her hands from its pocket to hold her ever more persistent stomach. This tour was starting to look like it would become a painfully long experience.

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • *pokes Alter* I have finished! XD

Name: Emilie Ennes

Personality:

Down to earth and responsible are two of Emilie's best qualities, bestowed upon her because of the amount of time she spent alone in the company of nature. She likes to take a step back from things and look at the big picture to see patterns, effects, etc. Because her father was a researcher, she is very careful not to disturb the natural way of things. She respects everyone and everything, especially nature and artifacts. She is also a very spiritual person, one who believes in legends and tales; also in Tarot cards and fortune cookies. Some would say that clashes with her down-to-earth appearance, but it seems to somehow work with her. She's usually quite even-tempered unless it comes to something she really cares about or thinks is important, then she can get a bit over-emotional. This was something she acquired from her mother, the rest of her personality seems to come from her father.

When interacting with others she can be a bit unsure of how to act. She rarely saw other children when she was younger, and acting so 'responsible' makes it hard to interact positively with people who are reckless. In addition she tends to give advice when unneeded and sometimes be a bit over-analytical. She gets easily caught off-guard by those who act somewhat hyper and strange. Her attitude can also make her, at times, come off as pompous and acting superior to others. Unfortunately, she is often unaware of this. Her dream is to be a Pokemon Archaeologist and help uncover mysteries surrounding less-known legends and pokemon.

Appearance:

Emilie was lucky to get her mother's wavy, auburn hair. She likes to let it grow quite long, down to her waist in fact, and the waves in it are thick and big, not small like curly hair. Her eyes are a dull gray-blue, and she's always longed for having green eyes. She's always thought that green eyes would look better with her hair color. Such is the mind of an artist-- always on colors. Her skin is a medium tone from all the days she played outside as a child and on her journey. Well, it probably looks rather tan compared to the people in Eseka. For the harsh weather of the northern region, she wears a large sandy colored coat that has a furry collared hood (though it's not real fur of course) and furry sleeve cuffs. She wears gloves that are multi-colored (each finger another color and the palm is striped ^^;) to protect her hands and they only come off indoors or when drawing. She has gotten remarks about these before. Underneath the coat is a multi-colored sweater, also receiving many comments, and beneath that a long-sleeved shirt, white colored, which has yet to receive any comments. She wears black pants for the bottom, black woolly socks, and black hiking boots. Not the most fashionable shoes, but practical if you're going to be walking about in cold weather on a journey. She doesn't really wear any accessories, but carries around a sketchbook in her arms usually. There's always usually a pencil on her right ear. Her backpack is medium sized. It contains most things other trainers have, with the addition of art supplies and a brand of dog pokemon food that is the only thing Arthur will eat.

Pokemon:

Unown E (Edgar)- This pokemon first met Emilie, to her knowledge, when she was going with her father to the Ruins of Alph. It just took an automatic liking to her and followed her around the ruins, never straying too far. Emilie eventually left the area, and Edgar followed right behind her, bidding its home farewell. Edgar itself is an odd thing; it never has its own emotion. It merely reflects the emotions of someone near it, usually Emilie, but it can be others as well. The things it says are usually advice and it seems to have deemed itself Emilie's protector.

Smeargle (Spirit)- Spirit was a Smeargle that Emilie found wandering alone in a forest near Violet City. It was near the beginning of her own journey, and the Smeargle's as well. Noting their own similarities; love of art, beginning a journey, being alone for a good deal of their lives, they decided to join up and travel together. Spirit is a playful pokemon, sometimes annoying others with the paint tip of her tail. She is also very proud of the work she does, and when someone insults her artwork, she gets very angry. What differentiates her from other Smeargle is that she has no paw print on her back. Unlike Edgar, Spirit battles regularly.

Houndour (Arthur)- Arthur was an odd case. From what Emilie could gather, he was raised by humans as a puppy like a pet. He never even saw another pokemon until his owners decided a Houndour did not make a suitable dog pet and tossed him into the wilderness to fend for himself. Of course, being a wild pokemon is very different than being a pet, so Arthur left the forest as fast as he could and strayed into people's yards, begging for scraps and love. Nobody wanted to trust a dark pokemon, so he was chased away, and that's where Emilie found him. Arthur is quite loving and good-natured. He is also quite docile, but he has recently discovered his love for battling. Battling seems to be the only thing that brings out the instinct in him and so he enjoys it a lot. He is a bit timid around pokemon when not in a battle, and on the surface can seem a bit of a fraidy-dog, but Emilie believes he has hidden bravery reserved for times when no one else is brave.

Larvitar (Renala)- Renala is a recent addition to Emilie's team. She's quite young and so she has this innocent curiosity. She loves games and she loves to learn about everything she can take in. Emilie likes to refer to her as 'the little sponge'. Renala was hatched from an egg left at the pokemon daycare to the south of Goldenrod. The owner of the pokemon who had her didn't want it and so the little Larvitar hatched in the care of the elderly caretakers. When Emilie came to check out the place, the couple asked if she would want the egg, and so she agreed.

History:

Born in a small hospital in Johto's Violet City, Emilie was a child that grew up close to the Ruins of Alph. Her family owned a small cottage-like house just on the south outskirts of the city, and so Emilie had to turn her attention to the forest and her surroundings rather than other children for playtime. When she was very young, her life was perfect. She had two parents that loved her and the greatest backyard any kid could ask for. She took walks through the forest with her mother, and helped her Dad do research. Her father was a pokemon legend researcher and researched many of the legends in Johto. The one he had been starting to research when Emilie was born was the Ruins of Alph and the Unown.

Emilie thought that the Unown were funny little things; cute and strange at the same time. There was an aura to them that sometimes made the hair on the back of your neck stand up. She became almost as fascinated with them as her father. This seemed a little odd to her mother, considering Emilie was only eight at the time and far too young to be sneaking off in the day to see the ruins. This happened all too often. Emilie started noticing that the same Unown kept appearing to her when she would go there and soon befriended it, much to the amazement of her father. Her father began to become rather obsessed with the 'connection' between Emilie and the Unown, and he forced her to do all sorts of things with the Unown in the ruins to see where this connection would lead them. When Emilie's father began to scare her, she refused to go through with helping him, and it made him very angry. Emilie's mother agreed with her daughter, but was too meek in personality to defy her husband's wishes. By that time, four years had passed and Emilie told her parents that she was leaving to pokemon train. Her father told her not to, and her mother seemed especially sad to see her leave, but she left anyway.

Wandering about Johto was tough work for a girl that had been so sheltered all of her life. Emilie was never strong in her writing abilities, so instead of carrying about a journal to write in; she carried a small yet thick sketchbook around with her everywhere. She drew events from her days, or sometimes things she saw in her dreams or imagination. It was a short time after starting that she met a pokemon that she could relate to-- a Smeargle. After Smeargle became a part of her team, she continued traveling and found that she couldn't resist cities that were surrounded by lore and legend. She was absolutely enthralled by Ecruteak City, and the Ilex Forest was truly a wondrous place. Even though these places reminded her of her father's odd obsession with her and her Unown, her heart couldn't help but be excited by them.

After another six years, Emilie began hearing whispers of the legends that came from the very far north region of Eseka. Emilie talked it over with her pokemon and they all agreed that checking out the place would be very interesting. She had also heard that the landscape was cold and snowy, a completely different place to draw and capture in her picture journal. For to the true artist, capturing the essence and beauty of something so pale and barren as a snowy plain is the ultimate test.

RP Sample:

"You can't see a thing out there!" a young man exclaimed with great frustration. He planted himself hard in one of the plastic, yellow chairs that sat in the Pokemon Center, his long, black trenchcoat flapping the chair. It was clear that he was angry about not being able to continue his journey, but Emilie thought it a bit much to keep having to get up and check on the blizzard every five minutes to see if it had gone.

She turned her head to him and spoke calmly, "The weatherman said it would be gone within a few hours, perhaps you should find something to occupy your time with?"

The young man looked at her as if he were about to explode. "I don't need you to tell me what to do!" he said angrily, "Did I ask? No! So shut it!" Emilie shrugged.

Another man, quite older, leaned out of his yellow chair, "Now come on my boy, the girl's merely trying to help you--."

"I don't need your help either old man! And I am not your boy!" he added, his vivid emerald eyes looking indignant. The three of them went back to their silence, each involved in their own thoughts. Emilie felt a tap on her shoulder and saw that Edgar, her Unown, was done with his meditating. He often meditated when he wanted to feel near his home, at least, that's was he said. Emilie was under the impression that his mind somehow psychically traveled all the way to Johto to his friend's minds and held conversations with them. She regarded this thought for a moment and felt curious enough to ask him.

"Edgar?" she began in her calm tone, "Do you have conversations with them? Your friends I mean?"

Edgar hovered silently for a moment; his large eye staring unblinking at Emilie and her dark, auburn hair and her inquisitive dull gray-blue eyes. {It is not so much a conversation as a touching of minds. I wonder if it is something beyond your understanding? If so then you will just have to accept the idea as I say it,} he said in a tone that perfectly mimicked the calm, almost curious tone that Emilie had been talking in. Emilie nodded her head and thanked the "E" shaped pokemon for his explanation.

The young man from before leaned over and noticed her talking with an Unown. "What's that thing?" he said gruffly, still obviously bothered by the earlier conversation.

Edgar moved forward, his hovering less calm, {None of your business if you please!} His large eyeball contracting to match the man's angry glare.

"Uh...," Emilie smiled, "You'll have to excuse Edgar, he has no emotions of his own."

"Eh?" the young man said, an eyebrow raised in confusion, "Whatever that means!" It was clear that he was either not smart enough or too angry to know what Emilie was talking about. Emilie did like the color of his eyes though, they were a very bright shade of green and she was always so drawn to the color green.

"Suit yourself," Emilie said calmly, returning to her own conversation with Edgar, "Edgar, please ignore him, he's just angry about the storm. No one said it was going to be easy in Eseka."

{True,} Edgar said, returning to his previous mimic of Emilie, {It is quite different from Johto.}

"Yes, I miss being able to run around in a shirt and shorts or skirt. Such a thing is nearly impossible here," she said with a smile. This was what she used to do at home, before she even went on this journey.

Edgar sensed the longing in her voice and so his own emotions were adjusted, {I too miss my home, Emilie.}

Emilie smiled and gave a small giggle, "Look at us, nowhere near adults and yet we reminisce as if we were! Oh well, I'm still glad I left."

Edgar nodded, a small giggled escaping him too, {Yes, and so am I.}

Emilie wondered if Edgar really did feel that way, or if he just felt that way because she had felt that way. It could be a bit confusing owning such a pokemon, as she often found out. Others misunderstood him and some others feared such a strange pokemon. Most people knew very little about Unown, and there were many fake tales that came from fear associated with them. It was that sort of thing that Emilie sought to disprove by becoming a Pokemon Archaeologist; false tales that gave negative aspects to good pokemon. This was not to say she didn't believe any tales-- on the contrary, she believed many legends and tales-- but she wanted to learn more about them and sift through them to discover which were true and which were lies.

A rather skinny nurse's assistant suddenly walked out from behind the counter and strode across the room over to the good number of people in the yellow chairs who, like Emilie, were waiting. "I think the storm is letting up," she said happily.

"Finally!" the young man in the trenchcoat said, somehow still sounding angry.

{Good riddance!} grunted Edgar, perfectly mimicking the man's annoyance.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: So I see. Well, if there was any doubt about it then check the Accepted list on page 1. ^^ For the rest of ya': I invited Melissa to help out our declining ranks, so this is all okay. ^-^ Now then, all that remains is the introductory post to get this thing going, so if you could please navigate Emilie to the rest? She could have been waiting at the gate for the promised guide only to find that no-one came around (After all, that part kind of just got forgotten. xD) and have come to explore on her own. Oooor it could be some similar reason, I'm sure you can think of something. Regardless, welcome aboard. ^-^

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • OOC: Okie-dokie! I'm here to post. ^-^ Forgive me if anything is incorrect; it's a bit hard to remember every detail of the layout of the town after reading quickly. XD

BTW, to answer an old question on this thread... I've seen shooting stars! ^^ They're cool. They happen so fast though, that sometimes you don't know if you've actually seen them, or just imagined it. o.o

Emilie
    ~~~~~~~

"Here it is," Emilie's voice said expectantly, as she lowered a small paper and looked around, "Yes, I'm sure it is." She had the paper in one hand, and a sketchbook in the other.

The Unown that floated near the left side of her head blinked slowly. The two of them had come to a gate to find a tour group of the small town they were at, Alvene. It was cold, and Emilie was actually a bit hungry, but she really wanted to see this tour; it was supposed to talk of some of the legends and lore from this city. That was why she was here in this freezing place that was far from the considerably warm Johto.

"But where is the tour group?" she said with a frown, "I am just on time, but tour groups usually don't just dissappear." There was no one around, well, no big group of people with a tour guide. Had they perhaps left early?

{I... I'm c-cold,} said a wavering voice from below Emilie. The girl glanced down to her black boots to see one of her other pokemon hiding behind her feet. It was a rather chubby Houndour who seemed to be curled up to stay warm. His big, brown eyes darted from Emilie to various pokemon about the area. {And this place is strange,} he added with a whine, turning his head to eye a particularly sinister Cleffa.

{I-I don't see the reason to b-be so scared,} the Unown said to the dark pokemon, his voice also sounding cold and nervous, a strange contradiction to his words' meaning.

Smiling like a mother does to a confused child, Emilie shook her head, her long auburn hair swaying a little, "Arthur, we're looking for legends and artifacts; so the stranger the place, the better. You shouldn't be that cold, either, after all, your kind like to live in mountains where it's cold so I don't under-- what is it?" She frowned a little, her gray-blue eyes scanning the surroundings.

{Mmm!} Arthur whined, his muzzle pointing to the tiny pink pokemon the stood with her trainer a few feet away.

"Oh, it's just her?" Emilie said with a sigh of relief, "Arthur please, it's only a small Cleffa, she couldn't hurt a Pikachu, let alone you." Her trainer was a little girl, and by the way the Cleffa stumbled as it walked, it couldn't be that old at all. "In fact, if I didn't have this tour group to find, I'd like to sketch them," Emilie added, looking a bit dissappointed, "Oh well, come on you two." She began to move forward, keeping her eyes peeled for the group, the Unown hovering close behind.

Arthur was still giving the Cleffa a nervous look, wondering if perhaps it was stumbling as it walked as some sort of cover, when he noticed that his two companions had left without him. {Errp!} he squeaked in alarm, jumping up in fear and surprise, {Wait up Emilie! E-Edgar! Don't leave me with the Cleffa! Oooh!}

~~~

It hadn't been too hard to catch up with the group. Thankfully, groups move rather slower than individual people, and so Emilie had only a fairly brisk walk to make. She passed a few interesting places, a few interesting statues, the square, and numerous shops. Now she was heading down the western street, and saw a group of a handful of people ahead of her. They seemed to be walking with a purpose, and so Emilie was hoping that was them.

She noticed the amount of pokemon with them and hoped Arthur would be okay. Well, he wouldn't like it, but he would just have to deal with it for now.

She walked up the side of them and stopped in the front. "Excuse the intrusion, but is this the tour group? I'm afraid I'm a bit late," she said, hoping she wasn't interrupting anything. She didn't know which was the guide, so she just addressed them all.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • "Ergh?" Mira's first response was far less eloquent than she had hoped, but as far as her hunger-addled mind was concerned the auburn-haired girl adressing them had popped out from nowhere. The stand-in guide blinked and ran a hand across her forehead for a moment, trying to return her thoughts to the real world, considering how they were currently wrapped in an elaborate fantasy of tasty food and a warm fire, that was no small feat.

"...is this the tour group? I'm afraid I'm a bit late."

At the mention of the tour, realization suddenly struck Mira, the girl flinching guiltily: the town gate! She had gone and forgotten all about it with all the fuss about the missing Ponyta and goodness knows what else.

"Eh, no, no, it's fine." she tried to assure the girl in front of her, deciding to let her keep the blame she seemed to have so willingly saddled herself with, "We've barely gotten started yet so it's no bother. Erm, I'm Mira, by the way..." she offered a hand in a slightly awkward introductory gesture, "I'm supposed to be running this whole shebang since my friend kind of bailed out at the last minute, so if you've got any questions I'm the one to ask." the girl paused, blushing slightly, "This is just terribly disorganized, isn't it?" she added, "Sorry, but I'm just a stand-in and I've had a terrible morning."

'Well...' she concluded for herself, miscalculating a shift of weight from one foot to the other and swaying slightly as a result before she regained her balance, 'that's enough of an excuse, I hope. Now if she'd only stop swaying like that so I could focus...'

{Mira?} Serenade's familiar voice was surprisingly comforting for Mira at the moment, the girl merely turning her glance towards the Kirlia as the psychic type strode over, inspecting the newcomer and her pokémon {Who is this?}

'Dunno'...' Mira replied, 'Someone who wanted to come along on the tour. She hasn't introduced herself yet.'

The Kirlia nodded, {I see.} he replied, {But Mira, are you quite allright?} his voice sounded slightly concerned at the last remark.

"Of course I am." the girl hissed irritably, "Where did that come from all of a sudden?"

{You're swaying.} the psychic type replied matter-of-factly, {Maybe you should lay down for a moment?}

"What? In a snowdrift?" Mira hissed in response, her voice slightly louder now and the girl in front of her momentarily forgotten, "Now that's sure to make me feel better. Besides, I can't interrput the tour. When I say that I'm fine then I'm fine, allright? Stop fussing like a grandma."

Serenade sighed in forfeit {If you say so.} he replied simply, {But if you don't stop pushing yourself like this soon I'm going to have to stop it myself, regardless of how 'fussy' that makes me.}

Last edited:

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
  • occ: At last i can do a post! Well it isn´t much but i think it will to until tomorrow. Nice to have you back Azu!

~~~~~Amarezoth~~~~~

{Amarezoth, do you think the shrine is interesting?} the Raichu asked. "I don´t know, but historical places are always interesting." Thunder shook. {Bah! Here it is so cold... Amarezoth... let´s have something to eat.} "Always the same..."

"Excuse the intrusion, but is this the tour group? I'm afraid I'm a bit late," a female voice said.

Amarezoth and his Pokémon looked at the girl. The Tour group is getting big... He couldn´t tell what kind of person the newcomer was, but her appearance showed him several things. I hope this isn´t a know-it-all person... he thought. {She looks cute, don´t you think?} "What?" {I see it in your face!} "What are you babbling around? You can´t see my face right now! You are on my back!" {I can see you face in the shopping windows. You have something like "she looks nice" or "this could be interesting" in your mimic.} "Shut up with that nonsense!" {Liar!} "You don´t have to speak such stupid things..." Amarezoth said. He took some snow and pushed it in the face of the Raichu. {mmmpmpppfff!} "Just be cool, OK?"

~~~~~ Sphinx ~~~~~

He was heading for the Parasect, but than he noticed that the tour continued. Hoping that he would see the Parasect again, he followed the tour. This Kirlia seems to know more than i have realized. What´s up with it? What does it know? Did it hear about Team Rocket? Or is it a personal thing? With this thoughts in mind he walked in Amarezoth´s direction. {Huh?} he looked up for the tour leader. The girl looked some kind of in pain. She held her stomach with a hand. What´s with her? The Persian went to her and looked at her with insightfully and worried eyes. He didn´t know, but he liked this girl. Even if the Kirlia was hers. Then another girl was at the scene. A newcomer who did want to join the tour group. {Hmm... Better i return to my trainer now...} he said to himself and turned.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • OOC: Sorry I didn't post this sooner! ^^;

Hey! Nigma and I have the same type color! XD

Emilie
    ~~~~~~~

"Oh my name is Emilie Ennes. I am glad though, I was afraid I had missed a... lot?" Emilie trailed off, her head bending a little along with Mira's swaying. What an odd person; perhaps she wasn't well? This thought was confirmed with what appeared to be a small squabble between Mira and her pokemon, a Kirlia that had just walked over to the group. Arthur let out a squeaky whimper as he noticed the Kirlia had seemingly just 'appeared' from nowhere before approaching them.

Emilie gave Edgar a small smile and a shrug, figuring that it was perhaps best if she situated herself in the back of the group. A boy in the tour group also seemed to be having a battle of wits and words with his own pokemon, a Raichu. Emilie turned to look at the girl before her again. "I have to say that your Kirlia seems rather concerned... perhaps you could make the whole tour take a break and that way you yourself could rest? I don't think anyone would complain about getting a bite to eat," Emilie said cheerfully, not realizing that once again, she had given unneeded advice. Well, old habits do die hard.

Arthur stared at the pokemon through large, brown eyes. He especially thought that the Raichu and Kirlia looked like shady, shifty characters. He was absolutely frozen with fear, wondering what strange things they were capable of doing and saying. In a battle, he could take them, but out here with no knowledge of how to act or what to say? He was one messed up pup.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • "So, that's one chocolate cinnamon roll, a loaf of bread, and a raspberry jelly donut." A young woman stood beside the bakery cash register, dialing in numbers before glancing into the paper bag that rested beside her on the counter. The yellowish, artificial, yet warm light of the bakery distinguished this environment from the silvery-tinged world beyond the painted glass window and door, while the mouth-watering fragrances that drenched the air and steady flow of heat rising from the floor-level vents served to further the barrier.

"Yeah, pretty sure that's all," Reith answered as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket and flicked it open. "How much?"

"Your total is . . . " The worker struck a key, causing a set of blue numbers to light up on the register's screen. "7 dollars, 32 cents."

After leafing through a few bills, Reith slipped them from his wallet and lay them on the counter. With a well-practiced "Thanks," the girl rang in a few more numbers before taking out a couple coins from the register and dropping them into Reith's hands, announcing amiably, "And here's your change. Thank you, and we hope you come here again." She smiled brightly, as no doubt she had to every other customer, and picked up the money Reith had left as payment. Taking his paper bag and tucking it under one arm, Reith smiled in reply. "And thank you, too." With a friendly nod, the white-haired trainer turned and left.

Once outside, Reith unslung his backpack from his shoulder, placed his back to a frost-covered stone wall, and balanced the paper sack on one knee as he unzipped his bag. The brown paper rustled dryly as Reith glanced inside the sack to double-check its contents. Already cupped in crinkled pieces of parchment paper, the chocolate cinnamon roll and jelly donut had been folded into the same wrapping substance and now lay at the bag's bottom. Atop them lay, tilted toward Reith, was the bread he had decided to buy for himself once he had seen it being sold. In a clear plastic bag, the bread's freshness was preserved only by a twisted, plastic and wire tie that sealed the end shut. Reith transferred the bread to his backpack, affirmed that the remaining pastries were in good condition, and started back toward the group.

Halfway there, another familiar blend of scents caused Reith to stop and turn toward a nearby shop. Well, that might be good, too . . .

---------------------

Kasen shifted slightly, unhappy to be parted from Reith so soon after their reunion. The Ponyta tossed her head anxiously before arching her neck to one side to view a female trainer who, with her Pokemon, had approached the group. Under normal circumstances, the flame horse might have taken more interest. Currently, however, he central worry was her own trainer and his return. Several minutes later, Kasen's ears pricked upward as she heard a familiar set of footsteps. As expected, Reith strode around the corner shortly afterward, pausing momentarily to study Emilie before rejoining the tour group.

As he approached, Reith greeted Emilie with his usual unaggressive acceptance. "Hello. If I'm not mistaken, it seems you're joining the tour group? 'Fraid I didn't catch your name if you gave it, but nonetheless welcome." He smiled before making his way toward the assembly's front.

"Hey, Kasen. I'm back," Reith stated simply as the Ponyta neighed affectionately and lightly brushed her nose against his sleeve. After a note of laughter entered the male's smile in response, he turned toward the tour group's leader. "Here." He deposited the bag of baked goods into Mira's arms before offering her the plastic-lidded paper cup of coffee his other hand held. "Since this area has so many shops, maybe everyone should get a chance to wander around a bit before we move on," he suggested. Then, placing his free hand behind his neck in what seemed a gesture of embarrassment, he added, "Besides, being that I accidentally got the tour group off track, it couldn't hurt to wait to see if anyone else needs to catch up, right?"

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • OOC:

Well, since every time I get online nowadays, I only have time for one post/RP.. I figured that I have to get in at least one post here while I can. xD Yes, the rest of my week will be very, very busy.. I have multiple Band events to attend. Perhaps I can post again on Thursday. Hello again, Melissa. xD

IC:

"People...don't, really." The words endlessly repeated themselves, over and over again, drowning Tori's mind in uncertainty. He was unsure of what to think of Mira's words.. and he was unsure of how to respond to them. Perhaps if he listened closely, without interrupting, he would understand. This is what he imagined would be the best thing to do. He told himself, without ever speaking aloud, that he would simply watch and ask questions later, withdrawing into an observant silence. He had already spoken so much--with all his earlier questions and whatnot--he would have to cut back on such things before he broke a rule of society he was unaware of.

Of course, all of these thoughts and ponderings were quickly forgotten when Tori found himself being approached by Reith. He shuddered inwardly, hoping that he hadn't upset the older boy in some way. Who knew? It had happened before. Tori gradually met Reith's gaze, listening with open ears to what the blue-eyed one had to say. "Your name is Tori, right?" He said. As Tori gave a hesitant nod, he noticed that the gentleness of Reith's tone matched the look in his eyes."It's alright if you want to familiarize yourself with the wind, but if you want to stay warm, my Ponyta's good for helping with that. Even though I was born and raised in Eseka, it's still great to have a friend around who has a fire that never goes out and never burns an ally."

Tori managed a small, stiff little smile, then went back to his normal expression. He waited, watching Reith walk away for a bit, before turning his attention to his Ponyta (wasn't her name Kasen?) for a few moments. Even so, he did not go to her. He did not want to overstep his bounds, upsetting the Fire-type.. after Reith had said such nice things to him.

Tori maintained a position behind Mira, keeping his distance.. even more so when she began swaying, for some reason. A brief wave of concern passed through Tori's expression, but it was soon gone, replaced with yet another feeling of uncertainty, this time of how to react to Mira's actions. Reith soon appeared (he had gone somewhere without Tori noticing.. how strange) to take care of the matter, however, giving her some sort of package.

The smell of baked goods wafted through the air, and for a second the harsh wind was forgotten, when at last Tori took a brief pause from paying attention to the world around him, and enjoyed the scent with a few deep breaths. Then he was moving again, aware of a new voice. In an instant, he had found its source--an even more unfamiliar person, who had apparently just joined the group. It was girl, who had most interesting grey-blue eyes. It took a second for Tori to realize that she had been there.. since before Reith had handed Mira that package.

Tori's gaze lingered on the addition for a moment more, and then he began scanning the rest of the group again as numerous whispers and murmurs popped up among new conversations, most of them concerning the new girl--Emilie, her name was. Then he was moving again, listening to Kita as she made a brief, almost inaudible comment about Edgar's intriguing shape. {He is shaped like the letter 'E'..! How delightful..!}

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: OMG! Posts! ^0^ *Happy dance* Anyway, I'd also like to take this moment to tell you all that I've also invited another RPer to fill out our ranks, and seeing as how Mika-chan pretty much confirmed it today, you can probably expect her to make her entry post in the next few days. So yeah, just to avoid surprising y'all. ^^

IC:

{That's the first sensible thing I've heard today.} Genki remarked at Emilie's suggestiong about stopping to get something to eat, shuffling her way past the myriad of feet on the ground with the kind of speed and agility he only seemed to posses when there was food involved, {And speaking of food...} the little Swinub continued, nudging Mira's hand meaningfully, completely oblivious to the fact that he had probably spooked Arthur even further by appearing just as a suddenly as Serenade had.

Now on an intellectual level Mira fully agreed with the proposition to halt the tour yet again, it was the other side of her mind that was in control right now, the one that found it decidedly insulting that people were making a fuss and trying to drag her away from the tour.

"I-" the girl could feel the anger building up inside her, her cheeks turning red out of reasons not even vaguely related to embarassment, "What's with everyone suddenly taking an interest in my personal health?!" she inquired furiously, "I said I'm fine and that's it! If you don't think my guiding is good enough for you then you could at least do me the courtesy to-!"

Her dramatic outburst was cut short by Reith's sudden re-appearance and the consequent placing of a brown paper bag in one of her hands. And what a bag it was! The pleasant scents wafting from within were, on their own, enough to completely wipe out trivial matters like righteous indignation from Mira's mind, leaving the girl standing there, momentarily perplexed as to why the bag had been placed in her care. Did Reith want her to look after it or..? She cast a quizzical glance in the boy's direction, as if to confirm whether this was some kind of misunderstanding or cruel joke. She had enough sense to grasp the offered cup, actually taking a couple of sips. But the bag...her senses still needed some kind of confirmation to grasp such a drastic change of conditions.

"Stop to shop..." she repeated absent-mindedly, her quizzical stare not letting up, "...yeah, sure...why not?"

Serenade, meanwhile, was preoccupied with trying to settle the aftermath of the previous outburst with Emilie.

{I'm so sorry.} the Kirlia apologized, {I know it might not seem like it, but my trainer is really a decent person. She's just...a bit temperamental and stubborn, I assure you she didn't mean to snap like that. Oh, and I'm Serenade.} he added, performing his usual little bow, {A pleasure to meet you, miss Ennes, and you as well...} he paused, casting a glance at the Edgar and hoping that the Unown would introduce itself.

Genki, meanwhile, had observed the exchange between Reith and Mira, deciding that a transaction involving that much food could not be left unaknowledged, {Impressive...} he remarked to no-one in particular, {It's not easy to get such a considerable mating gift.}

{Mating-what?} Serenade twirled around as he heard the remark, his usual calm impaired for the moment, {Genki, that's not-I mean, humans don't do that to-anyway, what do you know about courtship?}

{I've had seven mates.} the Swinub retorted, {How many have you?}

Serenade flinched uncomfortably, {Look.} he began, {Regardless of how many...ahem, mates you have had, I don't think humans do it like that.}

{Shows how much you know.} the ground type replied, {Why else would anyone spend so much good food on a female?}

{I-} the Kirlia felt even more uncomfortable than before, wishing desperately that he could find a way to change the subject, especially since there was such a large amount of pokémon within hearing distance, {It's a human thing, Genki. It's a bit difficult to explain, but just trust me when I say it's not like that.}

The Swinub spent a few painstaking moments simply staring at him before finally responding, {Fine, I guess. Just goes to show you, though...} he added, {...humans aren't half as smart as they think they are.}

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • nuding Mira's hand meaningfully,

I think you mean 'nudging'. XD But it is funnier that way.

Though goodness knows I've had more than my share of mechanical errors. ^^; In fact, there will probably be more than one in this post! You can get me back Alter!! XD

Emilie
    ~~~~~~~

Yes, it seemed perhaps she had gone too far again, as Mira proceeded to have some sort of outburst. At least it meant that Emilie was not the first to suggest it. Thankfully Emilie was the kind of person that didn't get worked up over something as trivial as this, and so she merely had watched in silence, taking in the girl's words.

Mira had been interrupted then by a boy who was offering her a cup and bag apparently. She took the cup and looked quite unsure of the boy's motives. Emilie smiled; well, at least that was taken care of. She then turned her attention to the little Kirlia below her, who too it upon himself to apologize.

"Oh no need to apologize," Emilie said happily, "Hunger and cold do strange things to the best of us."

Edgar blinked slowly and took Serenade's phrasing as a hint to introduce himself. {And a pleasure to meet you too, Serenade,} the 'E' shaped pokemon said in a calm, yet strangely apologetic sounding voice, {I'm afraid that he name Emilie bestowed upon me is Edgar. Unown, as you may be aware of, don't really have genders, but Emilie has decided that I am best suited as a male.} Of course, he was not disappointed in the name Emilie gave him, but sounding otherwise wouldn't be mimicking Serenade as well.

Arthur was still cowering behind Emilie's boots, and hoped that none of these odd pokemon were about to ask him to introduce himself. He was thinking perhaps the Kirlia was the smart ringleader of the group and that-- when suddenly another pokemon, this time a Swinub, just seemed to appear from nowhere! {Eeeerrp!} the Houndour whimpered again, this time a good deal louder, for this was now the second time. Yes, that Swinub was certainly a questionable guy... why was he talking about mates and his trainer at the same time?! It was just getting weirder and weirder!

"What the...?" Emilie grunted, feeling the circulation to her feet getting cut off, "Arthur, you're cutting off my circulation."

The Houndour looked up at her with large, worried eyes that seemed to ask, 'What do you mean?'

"Perhaps you can move?" Emilie said with a knowing look, "And go mingle with the others. I'm sure they're all nice pokemon."

The Houndour's face looked as if someone had just been sentenced to death.

Raposa Dalua

I disowned my sanity! ^_^
    Years
  • ((Yay for more peoples! To answer your question, Alter (from how many days ago? *embarrassed*), the game was Tales of Legendia.))

Hakira visibly cringed at the thought of the group stopping once again. Shop? Who needed to shop? They were perfectly fine with where they were going, and now they're going to stop because the leader needed an excuse to eat?! Nonsense! Poppycock! Horsefeathers! This was not desirable. This was the opposite of what was desirable. Shouldn't they be moving on to the Dawnbringer? The shrine? Was Mira incapable of eating and walking at the same time? What was with all these people and continuously stopping the darn tour?!

Feeling a little more than miffed, the white haired girl pulled a still warm chocolate chip cookie out of the depths of her heavy pink coat and began to much on it ravenously, watching the scene play out between Mira, Reith, and the new chick who later introduced herself as Emilie. Nothing particularly interesting was said; the most eye catching thing around was the cute little Houndour that clung tightly to his master's legs, looking for all the world like a lost little pup. Displaying a brief, unreadable smile in the fire pup's direction, Hakira left the chatterers to sit down on a nearby bench. If they were stopping again, she might as well provide herself with some entertainment.

{Hakira, you aren't...}

"Heh..." she placed a finger to her lips, a polite indication for Kushin to shut up, and whispered casually, "Let's see if we can't coax him out of his shell..."

{You're going to get in so much trouble...!} the little Totodile whispered back. Her pink eyes darted downward in thought, and she shifted uncomfortably for a moment, as though reaching for something. Then she pulled out a piece of folded up paper, a pencil accompanying it, and smiled brightly at Kushin.

"Oh, I don't think I can get in trouble for making my own map of the area as opposed to buying one. Not against any laws, as far as I know."

The blue alligator looked utterly lost as she unfolded the piece of paper, picking up where she left off with drawing from the entrance to the Inn from a bird's eye view. She hummed happily as she penciled in the new streets she explored, making sure to point out important landmarks like the Founder's Stone and the bakery. Kushin tore his gaze from the confusing sight and stared at the ground, only one thing on his mind. How the heck did they go from talking about her trick to talking about her map...?

Meanwhile, back with the tour people, someone or something was making its way through the group. None could see it of course, it made sure of that. You can't see what doesn't have a form, after all. Nonetheless, it halted by Emilie, then sunk downward, drifting around by her legs. Finding its target, the invisible creature reappeared, slowly fading into vision right in front of a particularly frightened looking male dog. Now revealed to be a ghost of some sort, it smiled brightly, its red eyes shining with a certain joy and mischievousness. The Misdreavus never moved, just locked eyes with that of the Houndour. It simply sat there and stared for but a moment, then giggled.

{Hi! My name is Caroline!} she tilted her head to the side, {You've got a funny face, mister! What's your name?}

Last edited:

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
  • OCC: Yeah Azu, you´re right! Why is that? omg ^^ This rp is getting exciting!
    @all: I thought my character could look like that: Amarezoth, Sphinx and Thunder

Thunder had caught interest in the Pokémon of the new girl. It looked kind of shy and helpless. {Amarezoth, i am back in some minutes!} "OK, but please don´t go to far away..." The mouse climbed off Amarezoth´s back and walked to the Houndour. I wonder what kind of personality it has. Is it a short tempered? A quiet one? He stepped in front of it and watched it some moments. Then he grinned and wanted to start, but suddenly another "thing" appeared in front of Thunder.

"Hi! My name is Caroline!" "You've got a funny face, mister! What's your name?"

Before the Houndour could answer Thunder answered. {Hello Caroline...} he said with a grin on his face, but he had to suppress his anger. He wanted to be the first one to talk to this Pokémon. Normally the Raichu didn´t had problems to make new friends or start conversations or small talks, but the biggest problem by new ones was the Raichu´s appearance. The Egypt markings and ornaments in his face looked too exotic, so he had always the feeling that other Pokémon were unsure or didn´t know what to talk about. But now it didn´t matter how he looked like. He was angry and now this "thing" surely had scared the Houndour. {... perhaps you shouldn't´t just appear of nowhere. It would made things easier...} Affronts Thunder lend against the next wall and watched this two Pokémon with an unmeaning expression, but he felt great fury rising.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Arriving by his trainer, Sphinx started to talk. {Amarezoth?} "Hmmm? Sphinx, there you are." {Did you ever see a parasec?} "Well,... Nope. Did you see one?" {Yes i did. There is one with it´s trainer. He seems to follow the tour group but i am not sure.} "So you´ve gotten excited and you want to talk to it..." {...} Amarezoth did know his p well, so he easily figured it out. "You talked to the Kirlia too, didn´t you?" {Yes. It´s interesting and mysterious, but also eerie...} "Hmm... If a Persian talks about mysterious..."

{Hey, our touring guide doesn´t look like she feels good. I think she´s in pain or something...} "Really? I didn´t notice yet. What kind of pain could you figure out?" {Can you remember the time in the dark forest? The pain you felt there?} "You mean as i haven´t had something to eat for about 3 days?" {Yup...} "Sheesh, i never forget that." He pulled out some fruit bars he had bought in the morning and did want to give it to her, but someone else was faster. {Amarezoth why.... oh....} "Ah... why acting nice... nobody ever was nice to me, why should i do?" {Don´t say something like that...} Sphinx presaged how Amarezoth could feel, and he self felt sorry for that. Always if his trainer did want to do something nice to people, others were faster, or something else happened.

Amarezoth turned and threw away the fruit bars in a trashcan, as his arm device rung. Amarezoth had suddenly a serious and cold face again and it seemed the time of peacefully moments had gone. Sphinx got already prepared for the worst case, if Maira was calling Amarezoth. What did she want this time? Why couldn´t she let off his trainer? What would happen this time? Thunder had heared the phone too and he intensively watched Amarezoth. It was like the Raichu would prepare for extreme combat.

Amarezoth lifted his hand to get the device on his hand to his ear. "Hello, who is there?" Sphinx and Thunder couldn´t understood the voice this time, and it seemed that there was coming music through the phone. Both watched Amarezoth´s face. Suddenly he started to grin. {What the...} "Hey guys, Shera is on the phone! Come here!" {Shera!!!} Shera was a 18 year old red haired, freaking style Techno music punk girl which was one of Amarezoth´s only friends. She had a disco in Harbor City and some times she had helped Amarezoth out. Of course she always wanted that Amarezoth could stay or take a job at a DJ. Shera had a funny and warm character, always thinking of others. Amarezoth kneeled down and pressed a button on his device so he activated the speakers and the screen so his pokemon could see her. As the screen was loaded they could see her, and she looked at them with green happy eyes. "Hey guys, how are ya?"
    {Shera! How are you? We have had a great Adventure!}
    {Shera! How are you? We haven´t seen you for a long time!}

The both started concurrent. "Wow fans, not so fast!" she laughed. She looked at each of them. "You´re looking good! I hope Amarezoth gives you both the right food!" "Of course i do!" Amarezoth interrupted. "It´s good to hear your voice and see you are OK, Ama. We miss you here. Where are you?" "Ditto. Who could miss me exept you? I am in Alvene, a town covered with snow." "Wow, i´ve never heard of this place. No wonder
    Team R..." "Shera! Don´t talk about it. Other people could listen!" Amarezoth hissed in the phone. "Oh! So... sorry..., but you know i am quite worried." "Ah.." "Well, let´s talk later if we are alone. I´ve send you my new number and some of the newest music tracks."

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • OOc-

That's a nice picture, Nigma. I especially like Thunder's look. =D Bwah, I'm currently invloved in compiling lists and lists of information of fellow members in my co-curricular activity for the seniors. Dang, firstly, there're loads of people to write about and secondly, the seniors just keep on giving me more and more tasks. D:

IC-

{W-Wha?}Dot just knew that something like this was bound to happen, he just knew it! The nervous bug glanced behind him every so often to realise that a black, not to mention menacing looking, Persian seemed to be tailing him around the group. The Parasect froze for a moment as a stranger and her two Pokemon joined the tour group, peering curiously at the Houndour ducking behind the new girl's legs. The Bug type scuttled to a corner of the group as Reith returned from his trip to the bakery, passing his purchases here and there.

Tiny released a small sigh of relief as the Persian returned to his trainer's side, his attention currently taken up by a phone call. The Mushroom Pokemon's blank eyes darted left and right, carefully examining the humans with colourful hair and the variety of Pokemon. He stopped for a brief second at the talk of a Swinub with seven mates before continuing on, taking extra measure to keep his distance away from Kasen and her flames while wandering back to Rina.

His trainer hadn't changed much since the last few minutes, still holding a lazy expression as her black eyes drifted from Emilie and her Unown to the white-haired girl that had chosen to settle on a bench with her Totodile to write something.

{R-Rina.. s-some scary Persian is-}

Dot started, only to be quietened by a wave of Rina's hand. "Persian ain't scary,"the statement being the first she had spoken for the last few minutes. Rina started wagging her finger, her other hand on her chin as she put her Parasect's willies away. Actually bothering to recall the other girl's features. It really was hard to forget one with such odd-shaded hair and unusual blue tattoos. Finally seeing a reason to speak up, the girl slowly approached Hakira and Kusin,

" 'Seem.. familiar in some way,"Rina tilted her head, as if the action would allow her to remember the older girl more clearly. She directed the speech to Hakira even though she made out as more of a 'Talk to yourself' kind of sentence, her large Parasect shifting uncomfortably beside her. The girl squinted, a foggy memory emerging from her mind, a recollection of her brothers from a few years ago, and their very best friend.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • OOC: Oh poor Arthur. ^^;

Emilie
    ~~~~~~~

All these pokemon, and he had to interact?! How could Emilie expect him to mingle? This had to be the worst place ever. Cold, confusing people, and scary, sinister pokemon. Suddenly the dog pokemon thought he sniffed something, but it was gone as quick as it came. He shivered, thinking perhaps the cold was getting to him. Then as soon as he was noticing that a Raichu-- a rather disturbing one too-- was looking at him, something just appeared AGAIN!

{Hi! My name is Caroline! You've got a funny face, mister! What's your name?} the thing said. It was a Misdreavus. At first Arthur just sat in a statue-like state, unable to think, move or speak; but then the Raichu came over and said something too, which brought Arthur back to reality.

{AAAARRROOOO! G-G-G-GHOST!} he howled loudly, leaping away in a panic and taking off down the street. He could really move like lightning when he wanted to.

"Ah!" Emilie said, looking suddenly from Arthur's disappearing form to Edgar, "Catch him Edgar!"

The Unown nodded, and swooped his E-like form down the street, his body glowing a little blue. A few moments passed and soon Arthur, who was still running, was floating via psychic power towards Emilie. Edgar set him down and before he could take off again, Emilie leaned down and got a hold of him.

"Shh," she said in his ear, "Calm down Arthur, that's just a Misdreavus; they love to scare people." Her voice calmed him a bit, but he remained quite shaken, and so Emilie decided she had better relent on her earlier request. "Don't worry Arthur, you don't have to mingle," she said to him with a small smile, "Perhaps another day. If any pokemon want to talk to you they can talk to both of us, okay?"

The dog pokemon nodded profusely, and cast a fleeting glance to the Raichu and Misdreavus.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Nyu, poor Amarezoth too. Trying to be a good guy and the world slams the door in his face (Metaphorically speaking). ;.; *PatPat* It's too bad he didn't realize that Mira is a regular glutton and would have appreciated any food she got. xD

By the way, Melissa, you've got a dirty mind, yes you do. :O *Pokes quote*

IC:

Serenade heaved a sigh of relief as there didn't seem to be any hurt feelings over Mira's outburst. The old Kirlia smiled a little, what a nice girl this Emilie was...he would definitely have to make a point of getting her and Mira properly acquainted, his charge could certainly do with learning some of this girl's patient and tolerant ways. She also seemed like a suitable person to acquint Tori with. Yes, Tori...the Kirlia cast a glance at his new ward, noting that the boy still seemed distinctly uncomfortable in the presence of all the other people. Still, that would have to wait. Tori's social skills had pretty much been pushed to the edge simply by the act of being there and speaking those few words and he didn't want to risk forcing it too far.

And to be honest, Serenade had to admit also having a certain curiosity as to what kind of pokémon this 'Edgar' was. The way the Unown had spoken and felt, it had been a very precise imitation of his manner, and not only that but his emotions as well. It was almost as if the Unown acted like a mirror to whoever it conversed with without exhibiting any kind of personality of its own. But how...Serenade wondered, how could such a being be sentinent? How could you exist without identity? The Kirlia would gladly have continued on their conversation, but just then someone decided to make trouble. Someone...the psychic type's eyes narrowed, immediately turning towards Hakira in a scowl. He might not have been able to prove it, but intuitively it was clear to him that the troublemaking Misdreavus belonged to her, and that satisfied little smile on her face as she scribbled on the paper was only proving his point.

'Well, that's one suspicion proven...' Serenade noted for himself, 'I'll definitely have to keep a closer watch from now on, but for now...' he turned towards Arthur, sensing the insecurities and fear wafting around the Houndour. What a poor thing it was, whatever had occured in its past had certainly had considerable consequences. The Kirlia gave him a sympathetic smile, offering Arthur some of the same positive emanation that he was offering Tori at regular intervals. Granted, the Houndour's dark type would probably the dampen the effect, but hopefully it would at least calm the worst of his fears.

{Please, don't be afraid.} Serenade said softly, giving the Houndour a reassuring smile, {I can understand if you wish to calm your nerves for a moment, but please remember that no-one here wishes you harm. Even though certain individuals-} he cast a sideward glare at Caroline, {Are less sensitive than others.}

Last edited:

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
  • OCC: Hey, i love to play him like that! *mournful music playing* <_< Man alter, i try to give you a role play hint to create more story already since three or four posts, but you aren´t seeing them! *Grrr*

The Persian saw that the parasec was there again, and immediately he paid full attention to it. {Amarezoth, i am back in 5 minutes.} "Yeah, alright." So the Persian again walked to the parasec. It looked kind of frightened or scared whatever you would say. Was it scared of Sphinx? The Persian had to grin to think about something like that. The thought amused him, but he didn´t want to be like a monster or something. Why is it that shy? Perhaps it´s just natural, so i could imagine that it´s difficult to catch such an Pokémon. He crossed the path with Serenade. Sphinx mouth acted by itself, but he was used to it. {It´s hard to watch everyone of your protégées, isn´t it? So shy they are...} He saw the Kirlia direct into the eyes to finish his sentence, {... so everyone seems to have a story in the past...} he ended nearly whispering. Ironical he had a strange past too, but he knew he had hit a painfully stead of the Kirlia... he could see it in it´s eyes. He finally reached the Parasec and sat down in front of the strange looking exotic Pokémon and greeted him, but he couldn´t avoid rattling. He was too excited. {Hello my dearrr frrriend... Why arrre you scarrrrred?} The rattle became more intense so he had to force himself not to be to loud. He didn´t want to growl or something like that. {Arrrre you up to walk a bit with me? I have severrral questions i want to ask you.} The parasec didn´t look if it would imagine to walk with the big black cat. Sometimes it´s hard to look like that. Sphinx thought about himself.

Thunder was watching the scene and was wondering how fast the Houndour was. {What a take off!} He shouted at he saw the dash of the fast Pokémon. "Hey hey, perhaps you have found another racing opponent, eh?" Amarezoth laughed, but Thunder didn´t hear him. Every single paw step of the Houndour was watched intense by the mouse. Fast... faster... than me.... wow... He smiled. {Heee, i wanna challenge him!} "So you´ve detected a new friend..." {Haha! That´s the way i like it!} the mouse jumped off it´s trainer and walked to the Houndour. It had already catched by it´s trainer and this mysterious "Edgar". He hadn´t heard everything past then, but surely Thunder had a good hearing. It has calmed down. He wanted to walk to the runner, but Sphinx crossed his and the Kirlia´s way, and after he had heard what Sphinx said, he was once more surprised. Always ominous. I don´t like this feeling that he seems to know everything. He forced the thoughts about his companion away and walked further to the Pokémon he wanted to reach. {Hello again...} he started softly, hoping that no one would interfere again. {You are a very fast runner. I´ve watched you and i am impressed by your speed. My name is Thunder and i would like to talk to you.} Hmmm... it doesn´t look like he wants to talk to me now. Perhaps i´ll try it later. {Uhm... if you wanna talk a bit or something like that, just come to this guy with the tattoo in his face. I´ll wait for ya!}Thunder climbed up again the back of Amarezoth, his tail wrapping around his belly again.

Raposa Dalua

I disowned my sanity! ^_^
    Years
  • Hakira peered up from her self made map, glancing up at the girl who had indirectly spoken to her. The sudden appearance of a familiar face sent her spiraling through Memory Lane; the shoulder length blonde hair, the dark black eyes, the fact that she was taller than Hakira herself, they all added up! Her bright pink eyes widened in surprise, and she smiled the first real smile to grace her features that entire day.

"It's you!" she exclaimed, "The boring florist chick!"

Kushin held his head in his hands, feeling a headache coming on...

"Now what was it... what wa- yeah! You're Rina! Rina from Azalea, Hakira from Azalea, jeez it's a small world isn't it?" she laughed, "How've ya been? How's life? What're those idiots Achan and Jojo up to? Have you been traveling long? What's-"

{Hakira, at least give her time enough to breathe...}

~~*~~

Caroline looked around in surprise, only vaguely aware of what was going on anymore. Everything was happening so quickly that she just didn't have time to respond properly! How rude of these folks, they should slow down for her. Honestly. First the Raichu took her greeting from the doggy, then the doggy ran away, floated back, and other creatures started talking to him. She would have liked the chance to get a word in edgewise, but there wasn't any specific time that seemed appropriate, what with all these other folks suddenly noticing what was going on like that. She wanted to share her opinion too! Like how she had to admit that it did make her just a little bit sad that he was only scared of her because she was a ghost; stereotypes like that were a big advantage to pranksters like her, but that doesn't mean thinking like that won't hurt her feelings every now and then. And she wanted to say that she was sorry, that she didn't mean to scare him that badly. And she wanted to greet all the others that came to talk with her, and how it was nice to meet them. But they didn't seem particularly interested. Rather, they seemed sort of... mad. At her. And she just couldn't understand why.

Ah well, best not to dwell on things like that. She saw a potential friend in the Houndour she was instructed to greet, and no matter what anyone else said, she wanted to carry on with her mission! Her red eyes turned this way and that, taking in the situation once again. The Raichu from before had just finished speaking with the dog, whether or not he got a response she wasn't sure. Still, this seemed the best moment to try again. Taking care to not be invisible this time, she slowly floated up to the fire pup, maintaining what she thought was a respectable distance between herself and him.

{You're hurting, that's pretty clear... but, it doesn't make you mean,} she tilted her head to the side, her surprisingly calm voice quickly picking up its hyper tone once more as she grinned, {I like you! Can I ask your name?} she looked to the Houndour's master, not particularly caring if she understood or not, {I can ask, right? It's okay if he doesn't run, right? It's no fun to scare people who get that scared anyway. Cecil likes that more than I do. Not that you'd know that, since we haven't met before, but anyway I'm really sorry! And I wanna know this guy's name!} she turned back to face Arthur, clearly on a ranting roll, {You're okay with telling someone who's dead your name, right? Isn't it okay?}

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back