• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eurovision Song Contest 2011 Düsseldorf "Feel Your Heart Beat!"

Tailor

Objection!
Years
  • Another update!!!

The song that won "Unser Song für Deutschland" is Taken By A Stranger.

Spoiler:

Eldrine was triumphant in Georgia with "One More Time".

Spoiler:

And Lucía Pérez will represent Spain with Que Me Quiten Lo Bailao.

Spoiler:

Tailor

Objection!
    Years
  • I've updated the list with all contestants. (finally)
    And almost all the countries have chosen their entries!
    65 days to go and the Eurovision Song Contest begins!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh no, I had a feeling it was that 'Blue'.

I dont like the fact that Ireland have Jedward simply because it means if they get to the final, we'll give them 12 points and they won't give us any. It is nice to actually have some acts I've heard of though.

I'm going to take a random pick and say it'll win -

7: Russia - Alexey Vorobyov - Get You

Russia are always up there thanks to tactical voting so why not?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Just saying, Denmark is gonna win. Don't ask why i know, just do. *Cough.* Also the fact that germany chose the same contestant this year is kinda... loser-ish. I mean, do they seriously think their gonna win with the same one? relying on the same person to lead them to victory..

Tailor

Objection!
    Years

I dont like the fact that Ireland have Jedward simply because it means if they get to the final, we'll give them 12 points and they won't give us any. It is nice to actually have some acts I've heard of though.

Russia will be in the final as always, I hope we get a final with countries that have never been in the final, never won or countries like the Netherlands that just don't go to the final anymore.

I say : Belgium rocks & Belgium'll win !

*Go sleep* ... Or not !

I hope for you that Belgium will win, I mean they only won the ESC once.
    But I myself want the Netherlands to win, but I don't think that's possible...

Just saying, Denmark is gonna win. Don't ask why i know, just do. *Cough.* Also the fact that germany chose the same contestant this year is kinda... loser-ish. I mean, do they seriously think their gonna win with the same one? relying on the same person to lead them to victory..

I think Lena is a great singer but her song kinda sucks if you ask me.
    But Denmark isn't bad, they will go to the final I think.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

Tactical voting? Hah. The only reason their up their, is because the other ex-soviet country's vote for them. Everyone knows that. And it doesnt matter how bad the songs are, they will always go to the final.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• Tactical voting? Hah. The only reason their up their, is because the other ex-soviet country's vote for them. Everyone knows that. And it doesnt matter how bad the songs are, they will always go to the final.
    As much as tactical voting happens every year of Eurovision, it's surprising that Russia has only won once given the sheer number of borders it has. It always seem to place relatively highly (two 2nd place finishes and two 3 place finishes since 1996), but this suggests that genuine affection for a song is what is the 'tipping point' from just a podium position into the gold medal slot.

As for the entry that I've heard - the UK's Blue, with 'I Can' - it feels strangely familiar and mundane, but that's sometimes what the rest of Europe goes for! All I know is that I'm looking forward to the 14th of May!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Slight bumpety bump, as if no one's going to post in this until the semi-finals start, I'd have to close it due to the 30-day revival rule.

Anyone looking forward to the big day? For me, I just watch the final; don't like being 'spoiled' about the other songs until then, so I've still got just over a week to go!

Years
  • Just saying, Denmark is gonna win. Don't ask why i know, just do. *Cough.* Also the fact that germany chose the same contestant this year is kinda... loser-ish. I mean, do they seriously think their gonna win with the same one? relying on the same person to lead them to victory..
    Never change a running system :D
    What could possibly go wrong? If she wins, fine, why not? If she loses, even better, it means I won't have to endure yet another Lena hype.

Tailor

Objection!
    Years
  • Slight bumpety bump, as if no one's going to post in this until the semi-finals start, I'd have to close it due to the 30-day revival rule.

Anyone looking forward to the big day? For me, I just watch the final; don't like being 'spoiled' about the other songs until then, so I've still got just over a week to go!

I think this might get more popular when the Semi-Finals start, and if that doesn't happen, that would be a shame... But rules are rules.

Years
  • It can't die now anyway, there is only nine days until its over.

Never change a running system :D
    What could possibly go wrong? If she wins, fine, why not? If she loses, even better, it means I won't have to endure yet another Lena hype.

I think that Lena song was the first eurovision song I thought was at least okay.

Tailor

Objection!
    Years
  • Okay guys, hope you liked the 1st Semi-Final, results will be known in around 30 minutes and I will then post a list with all countries that will go to the final this Saturday.

These countries failed to get to the final...
    Better luck next year, guys!

01: Poland - Magdalena Tul - Jestem
    02: Norway - Stella Mwangi - Haba Haba
    03: Albania - Aurela Gaçe - Feel The Passion
    04: Armenia - Emmy - Boom Boom
    05: Turkey - Yüksek Sadakat - Live It Up
    11: Malta - Glen Vella - One Life
    12: San Marino - Senit - Stand By
    13: Croatia - Daria - Celebrate
    16: Portugal - Homens Da Luta - Luta É Alegria

These are the result of the 1st Semi-Final and are placed in the order they appeared on stage! Congratulations with passing the Semi-Final!

06: Serbia - Nina - Čaroban (Чаробан)
    07: Russia - Alexej Vorobjov - Get You
    08: Switzerland - Anna Rossinelli - In Love For A While
    09: Georgia - Eldrine - One More Day
    10: Finland - Paradise Oskar - Da Da Dam
    14: Iceland - Sjonni's Friends - Coming Home
    15: Hungary - Kati Wolf - What About My Dreams?
    17: Lithuania - Evelina Sašenko - C'est Ma Vie
    18: Azerbaijan - Ell & Nikki - Running Scared
    19: Greece - Loucas Yiorkas feat. Stereo Mike - Watch My Dance

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Some surprising results last night! Turkey and Armenia have never not made the final before, and both Norway and Poland were seen as pretty much guaranteed qualifiers. Poor running order didn't help them one bit.

Probably in for more surprises on Thursday :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I don't know if the rest of Europe are going to going to understand Jedward, to be honest. Their lack of appeal is quite strange amongst English-speaking countries, and I'm unsure if they'll be able to transcend language barriers, but good luck to them I guess?

Years
  • I don't know if the rest of Europe are going to going to understand Jedward, to be honest. Their lack of appeal is quite strange amongst English-speaking countries, and I'm unsure if they'll be able to transcend language barriers, but good luck to them I guess?

If not then they'll just look like that Spanish dude either last year or a few years ago doing all the dance moves.

El Michael Jackson, El Robocop etc.

Which is funny anyway so, no negatives really. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Apparently there's been a rapidly growing hype around Jedward, particularly in Germany in the past week, so much so that they're now the second favourite in the betting. I really can't see them winning, but I'd say qualifying was pretty likely :D

France are still the favourite >.<
    Such a boring entry and an incredibly smug singer. I hope they don't win.

The 2nd semi final juries performance begins in about 15 minutes. It'll be interesting to see how the jury and public opinions differ.

Back