• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
  • I don't think it's Princess Bride. Her hair is either ridiculously curly in or immaculate in that.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I hate to break the convo but how many of you have seen Breaking Bad? I only have 3 episodes left and it's getting so intense I love it. If only my internet would load the videos all the way though. ;;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I hate to break the convo but how many of you have seen Breaking Bad? I only have 3 episodes left and it's getting so intense I love it. If only my internet would load the videos all the way though. ;;
    I tried watching it, since it's about synthetic chemistry - my main subject, haha. But it was too grim for me. I just watched random episodes now and then and got a recap from my boyfriend to be able to understand the finale... Somewhat.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Best thing I've ever watched. I've watched through it at least 4 times and I don't think anything will ever match it again.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah it's 'Fantastic Beasts and where to find them' not directly related to the main series but still pretty cool.

I put an R in beasts at a glance and I was like "this sounds like your kind of movie"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Best thing I've ever watched. I've watched through it at least 4 times and I don't think anything will ever match it again.
    Personally, I think Orange Is The New Black comes close to being the best TV series I've ever watched. Not a dull moment in that show.

Maybe when I'm reeaaallly bored or feel like I can take more grim and serious stuff, I'll give BB another chance 8)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • there are so many shows I have to watch... Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black, Twin Peaks, True Detective all among them. also does anyone else think Arrested Development is GROSSLY overrated?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Arrested Development
    Never heard of it actually.

But Twin Peaks, what is that really? I've heard people talk about it lately but I have actually no idea 8)

... this just shows how badly informed I am, it says nothing about the shows themselves haha.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    No, the first 3 seasons of Arrested Development are gold, you can't get any better then that for a comedy.
    EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

As for the HP film, its really films. Its a tragedy that they're taking a 50 page book made for charity and stretching it so, but eh, screw it. 1920 New York in the HP universe is more then enough for me to overlook that fact. Seriously, 1920s Big Apple+Magic+Magical Creatures=Instant Awesome.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wait what, it's set in New York in the 1920's? Suddenly I became a lot more interested!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yup. The movie is basically based on an in-universe textbook, and it follows its writers story in New York. How the hell its going to translate to a 3 movie plot is the big question mark, but the setting is enough to get the hype going. If she manages somehow to get dragons in, it might just be crazy enough to work!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Okay so Lucy was awful. Scarjo was amazing in it but her acting didn't make up for the horribly structured plot and loose ends and random, meaningless characters. Everything also built up to the last ten minutes (any and all events beforehand were 100% irrelevant) and then nothing happened. I was fairly disappointed.

THIS MAN is a menace to moviegoers everywhere. I saw Lucy last night and it was great! I'm not gonna lie and say it was the most amazing 10/10 superfantastico movie I've ever seen in my life because of course it did have its flaws, but it was a really good movie that I'd recommend to anybody. At the end of the day it was a movie that was more about the point it was trying to make than its plot or characters. Everything in the movie was a means to an end, so it's not exactly your typical summer action movie, but I really enjoyed it.

And you know, if you like seeing Scarlett Johansson being awesome, then even if you hate the rest of the movie it's worth it.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • But Twin Peaks, what is that really? I've heard people talk about it lately but I have actually no idea 8)

... this just shows how badly informed I am, it says nothing about the shows themselves haha.
    Twin Peaks was a mystery show from the '90s about Laura Palmer's (fictional character) death. I've seen the pilot, and it was super weird, but considering it's directed by David Lynch that's basically par for the course. it's a really quirky and darkly comic show from what I've seen/heard. I just have to find the time to watch the rest 8)

and re: Arrested Development, there were some funny moments but I found a lot of the more slapstick stuff just kinda stupid and cringe-worthy even at times, but I'm not huge on slapstick humor so it's probably just me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Arrested Development, there were some funny moments but I found a lot of the more slapstick stuff just kinda stupid and cringe-worthy even at times, but I'm not huge on slapstick humor so it's probably just me.

I agree, Arrested Developments had some hilarious moments but other times they tried too hard imo. Also some of the characters, such as Buster, REALLY annoyed the crap out of me. Season 1 was way better imo, Season 2 was just plain annoying. Right now I'm watching Modern Family; now that show is one of the funniest atm. :D

Started watching True Blood last night. Anyone else seen it?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Omg, Arrested Development is awesome. The only thing you is that you gotta watch every episode and pay attention to them since a lot of jokes makes reference to previous episodes. So if you start to watch the show mid way, it could be really confusing :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Omg, Arrested Development is awesome. The only thing you is that you gotta watch every episode and pay attention to them since a lot of jokes makes reference to previous episodes. So if you start to watch the show mid way, it could be really confusing :P

I agree, if you don't watch it from the beginning and get to know the characters then you won't get a lot of the humor and you'll think it's the most stupid the youv'e ever seen. On my trip we watched some of it, and a girl that never saw the show before thought it was horrible.

Years
  • THIS MAN is a menace to moviegoers everywhere. I saw Lucy last night and it was great! I'm not gonna lie and say it was the most amazing 10/10 superfantastico movie I've ever seen in my life because of course it did have its flaws, but it was a really good movie that I'd recommend to anybody. At the end of the day it was a movie that was more about the point it was trying to make than its plot or characters. Everything in the movie was a means to an end, so it's not exactly your typical summer action movie, but I really enjoyed it.

And you know, if you like seeing Scarlett Johansson being awesome, then even if you hate the rest of the movie it's worth it.

I cannot back a movie that's whole plot hinges on a myth that has been repeatedly proven to not be true by science, no matter who is in it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I cannot back a movie that's whole plot hinges on a myth that has been repeatedly proven to not be true by science, no matter who is in it.

I don't really understand that; it is a work of fiction. If you can enjoy a movie set in a universe where magic exists, why can't you enjoy a movie set in a universe where humans only use 10% of their brain's capacity? What's the difference?

Years
  • I don't really understand that; it is a work of fiction. If you can enjoy a movie set in a universe where magic exists, why can't you enjoy a movie set in a universe where humans only use 10% of their brain's capacity? What's the difference?

Matter of genre. Lucy tries to be Sci-fi using facts confirmed to be untrue, while Harry Potter claims to be fantasy in a matter of, well, fantasy. The former ruins the illusion by trying to be plausible through science already proven false at its release, while the latter encourages suspension of disbelief by proclaiming the use of magic.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I'm gonna agree with Donavann here. Sci-Fi always has a basis in actual science, and its only fiction until Science can come up with it(if ever, but after the infinite engine reveal the other day, everything's off the table). When you give a fact that's really false in a sci-fi movie, it breaks the movie, as the premise of it being smart is destroyed right then and there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back