• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Even more amazing Pokemon games for 2012!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • It is going to be at lest 2013 before the next Main Game. It is highly unlikely to be an original game with new pokemon, because that would take extra time and they need to begin production on 3DS titles ASAP.

With that in mind, the first Main Series Game would be Grey or R/S/E. That feels like the most likely option.

Remember, production on "Poke3DS" has to begin in 2011 to be released in 2013. So, it might be 2014 before the next big release.

Years
  • Ever since I read the news about the company that made B&W's website buying the rights to pokemongray.com, I am betting on Gray.

I would also appreciate another Mystery Dungeon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It is going to be at lest 2013 before the next Main Game. It is highly unlikely to be an original game with new pokemon, because that would take extra time and they need to begin production on 3DS titles ASAP.

With that in mind, the first Main Series Game would be Grey or R/S/E. That feels like the most likely option.

Remember, production on "Poke3DS" has to begin in 2011 to be released in 2013. So, it might be 2014 before the next big release.

Black and White were released in September of 2010, so they would have to been completed by at least August to allow for production and distribution. So where does this 4 - 5 months where Game Freak sat around doing nothing come from? Let alone the possibility that they may have staff who were either finished with their work before production of B/W as a whole was complete, or working alongside Pokémon affiliate companies (Hello The Pokémon Company) who can muster a small group to begin principal 3DS development.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I am hoping it will be 3rd game of Gen 5 and not R/S remake... YET. Don't get me wrong I really wish R/S remake should happen but I kinda wish they wait till 'final stage' of Generation 5 so that they can flash out the games a bit. I mean I don't want GF to to rush job of R/S remake like they did with Fire red/ Leaf green.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    FR/LG weren't rushed. They did what they set out to do with the game, which was make a very basic but well-made remake of the original games with a smaller team than who made Ruby/Sapphire.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll be happy if it is either Pokemon Grey or the new Mystery Dungeon (hoping it would be the latter...)
    Mystery Dungeon Sky was out in 2009... so a new Mystery Dungeon should be out by now... I really want to see another dramatic storyline!!

Years
  • I'd love if Nintendo jumped back onto the Pinball wagon. A new Mystery Dungeon would be great, another Generation is a no go until 2013 or 2014. Most likely a trio will be made with Wiiware or the Wii U ware or whatever they call it these days. Mystery Dungeon and Ranger seem like the best bet with the new Generation being released so it would add more to it. Whatever makes Nintendo money will throw spin-offs in any direction.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new mainstream game (Gray?). That'd be much better than PMD. I like the overall feel of PMD, but I find the mechanics and algorithms kinda weird. If that series is getting a new installment, they should work in polishing the mechanics to make it more similar to the mainstream games.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm actually unsure why they skipped a Mystery Dungeon for a while, does that mean they just ended it all with Sky because I'd really like to see a Generation V Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I cant begin to tell you how much iwant a Ruby Saphire remake! The game was just stunning. I loved the region, it was original and had heaps of awesome citties and towns, i just love the three main legendaries, in my opinion, best pokemon game ever. I really want a remake.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I cant begin to tell you how much iwant a Ruby Saphire remake! The game was just stunning. I loved the region, it was original and had heaps of awesome citties and towns, i just love the three main legendaries, in my opinion, best pokemon game ever. I really want a remake.

This too basically, not to mention hearing the amazing Hoenn soundtracks in a remake.

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    I would LOVE a remake of Pokemon R/S in the future, they were my first pokemon games... <3

As for the thrid installment of 5th gen, I think they should take their time with it. Remember, Pokemon platinum was released in 2008-09, two to three years after Diamond and Pearl versions, I think if they want any of their new games to be amazing, they'd spend a lot of time making sure it turns out that way...

Years
  • I would LOVE a remake of Pokemon R/S in the future, they were my first pokemon games... <3

As for the thrid installment of 5th gen, I think they should take their time with it. Remember, Pokemon platinum was released in 2008-09, two to three years after Diamond and Pearl versions, I think if they want any of their new games to be amazing, they'd spend a lot of time making sure it turns out that way...

Yeah, I definitely agree with this! They should spend time working on it, plus it gives people time to play both White AND Black :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I'd love if Nintendo jumped back onto the Pinball wagon.

I actually quite enjoyed Pokemon Pinball, and even people who aren't big into Pokemon who just enjoy Pinball would enjoy how multi-faceted Pokemon Pinball is. Unlike most pinball games, you had objectives in Pokemon Pinball.

While it would be difficult to fork over $35-$40 for just Pokemon Pinball, I could see it as a very in-depth mini-game in other games. I always thought if they wanted a reboot of the game corner, they could just re-brand them as arcades that the players can use if they have a membership card. It would be like a Dave and Buster's or Chuck E. Cheese where the more points you score in a game, the more tickets/tokens you will garner, and those tickets/tokens can buy you prizes.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I really don't know what sort of new Pokemon game would get me excited... The disappointment that was B/W has me indifferent about Gray/whatever, and I didn't care for Hoenn that much either. Nor would I particularly be interested in a spinoff.

Only thing I could think of that would attract my interest would be a Colo/XD sequel (this time with the choice of a girl trainer, thanks).

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    Yeah, I definitely agree with this! They should spend time working on it, plus it gives people time to play both White AND Black :D

Exactly! :3 It could also give them the opportunity to make it available to play on the 3ds as well! I Got mine for christmas, and I for one would like to see how Game Freak would utilize the new handhelds capabilities. :D

Silence Rewritten

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • Gosh, I hope it's the R/S remakes, personally. Sapphire was always one of my favourites, so I'm anxious to see them. A new Mystery Dungeon would be excellent, as well! Hopefully one with a better Pokémon starter range.

Back