• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eventide Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    A girl by the name Nikita walked inside. She was rather masculine-looking, wearing a suit and tie, and pair of sunglasses over top of her eyeglasses. As she walked inside, she was fixated on her antiquated Palm Pilot, which she slipped in her pocket after.

She sat down at the bar, taking off her sunglasses. "Gimme a chocolate milk," she ordered.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • After both Jared and Arma introduced themselves to Sammy, Arma jumped up by sound of the sound of what seemed like puking. He turned around, not even noticing that Sammy was already gone, and saw the other girl slip over a small puddle. He yelled "Look ou-!" but he was too late, as she already fell on her face. Ouch... he thought. Luckily the girl got up immediately after and introduced herself, before sitting back down on her seat. "Hey Rhea, I'm Arma. You alright?" Arma said with his usual smile on his face.

He then turned his attention to the poor fella who had just thrown up. Slightly disturbed of the fact that the guy was wearing two of the same jumpsuits, Arma asked him "Hey, you okay?" while putting his hand on his shoulder. "Why don't you go to the restroom? Don't worry 'bout things here, I'll clean up for ya."

Arma walked behind bar before told the barmaid "Pardon the intrusion miss, but I'll clean this up for ya, you are already busy as it is." He grabbed a towel and a bucket from behind the bar, and started cleaning up where Remanom had left.

It was only then he noticed that Sammy was at the other side of the café, looking rather frightened. "Wow, I didn't notice you ran all the way there! Are you okay Sammy?" Arma stopped and chuckled. "Ha ha, awww, you poor girl, that must've been rather startling." he then said, as he winked at Sammy"

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • "Jesus crimeny, how crazy can it get!" Jared laughed quietly. He grabbed another towel and told Arma "Here, lemme help you get that."

As he wiped up the mess, he turned to Sammy and said "You sure have some awesome reflexes there. I, uh, don't, haha, so I am quite jealous!" He grinned, remembering his earlier attempt at catching the menu.

Years
  • The gentleman in the booth heard someone vomit and decided it would be safer to move further away from the entrance to the cafe, packing up his work into his briefcase and setting up shop with his work and foodstuffs at the booth furthest away from both the door and all the people.

Kitsune Genetica

Tea and crumpets!
    Years
  • "Yeah, I'm fine. Good to meet you Arma," Rhea said. Or tried to say- her face was still hurting from her unplanned breakdance act. She checked her teeth to see whether they were still there.
    "Hey, uh... Anna, was it? Could I order a drink please?" she half shouted. It was a habit born of her small stature. "Something like apple juice, if you have it?"

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • hobo-normal%28a%29.gif

(Heh. So many people here. Yet, minus the vomit train, this place is pretty calm. I like it.)

hobo-cryptic%28a%29.gif

(But I better stay away from social contact, lest I want to mess up the reputation of an innocent individual...)

He looked down with his usual out-of-place smile, looking up occasionally only to sip his juice.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • "Oh my. Look what happens when I get distracted in the kitchen," Anna murmurs to herself as she comes out of said kitchen with lobster on a platter. She serves it to the businessman, who had moved away from the action at the bar. She then hurriedly serves everyone clamoring for various drinks and dashes off to retrieve a mop and a few more clean rags.

-Jared-

Years
  • "Oh good more rags," Jared sighed in relief. When Anna started to help with the cleanup, Jared grabbed a couple more rags and finished wiping up the vomit. He gagged a little, as it was rather gross, but fortunately he held it in. After wiping up quite a bit, he went and grabbed a disinfectant so as to help sanitize the counter.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • "Thanks, Jared," Anna grins at her friend. Neither of them are very good with rather disgusting messes, but puts up with it better than she. The that fact he was here when the disaster occurred is a great relief to her, though it does bring to her attention that she should probably hire someone to do such things, especially if the café would be similarly busy all the time.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • "Oh hey, thanks!" Arma said as he took the mop from Anna. The bar was almost cleaned up now. Luckily the floor didn't got as messy, making it easier for him to clean. On the other hand, Jared's gagging wasn't helping him at all. "Ugh, I'm starting to feel sick too... I'm gonna catch some fresh air once we're finished."

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Anna ducks back into one of the offices and comes back with a small sign and a hardcover book. She shoves open a window and sticks the book in to prevent its otherwise inevitable fall, then sticks the sign on the door. It says simply: "Help wanted. Inquire with barmaid."

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • "Wew, I guess that's that." Arma sighed as they were finally done cleaning up. He washed his hands and took a sip of water. "Hey Jared, thanks for the help man. I couldn't take the stench any second longer." He then started walking towards the door "I'll be right in front if you need me, be right back." He didn't stay out long though, because as soon as he saw the sign he ran straight back in. "Say miss barmaid" he said, still not knowing the barmaids name, "I believe I still haven't introduced myself properly. I'm Arma, and I'd really appreciate it if you let me help you out here at the café."

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • "Ah, my name is Anna," she replies. He seems a nice enough person, so she continues, "I'd be glad to have you help out around the place. It's basically just us and an interchangeable chef in the back, so we'll kind of be doing everything. Uniform is a black apron; I keep a stack under the counter so... whenever you have some spare time feel free to show up and help. I'll pay you a bit, plus you can have whatever you want."

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Nikita sipped her chocolate milk, watching some of the other patrons clamoring for a job. As much as she could use the money, she knew she wouldn't be good at it, and paid no further attention. She started doodling on her napkin, although the doodles quickly turned into numbers and figures.

eeveegirl777

Haha! I'm using the internets!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2015
    The door slammed open, a... figure stands in the doorway, visibly shaking. there are no discernible features about this person, as he/she wearing a large, few sizes too big trenchcoat and huge pilot glasses. He/she nervously steps inside and sits down at the nearest table, wiping a big black lock of wet hair from his/her face.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Anna turns to see who has spoken to her. She sees a man in a blue hat with a slightly unkempt countenance. "Yes, sir, I'd like a few people to help take care of the place. Do you have any previous experience in this type of environment?"

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • hobo-bigeyed%28b%29.gif

Oh please! My current occupation sticks me in the cold, dark, and slightly cramped basement of a Russian-style, Borscht serving restaraunt!

hobo-smug%28b%29.gif

If I can put up with THAT for seven years, then I fail to see how working in a nice environment like this for a little while should be a problem.

hobo-cryptic%28b%29.gif

'Course, I'll probably have to run it by my daughter first... she's expecting a "real" job out of this old, disgraced bum here...!

hobo-laughs.gif

-Jared-

Years
  • "Haha, no problem," Jared responded to both Anna and Arma. "When you live with four cats and a dog, these things seem somewhat less repulsive. Although, a little fresh air would be nice, anyways." He decided to go follow Arma outside, but he stayed outside as Arma went back in to inquire about the job.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • As I approached the café, I noticed a 'help wanted' sign on the door. "Help wanted?" I muttered as I pulled the door open. "Hmph, whatever." I wore a plain white tank-top with yellow straps and trim, a pair of white pants and white sneakers, also with a yellow trim. On my arms I had these sort of sleeve things, which my friend's sister, Kasey, had made for me. They were modeled after Aqua's from one of the best video games in the world; Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. I had short, blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hey, Solissa!" I turned right as I was about to enter the café. Coming down the street was my twin sister, Luna. She wore a light grey short-sleeved shirt, matching pants that sort of looked like dress pants, and black sneakers. She had long, silver hair that went about halfway down her torso, and light grey eyes.

"'Bout time you got here," I teased.

"Yeah, well, I have a life, which means I have other things to do." Luna teased back.

"Anyways," I turned and walked into the café, immediately heading over to the counter where Anna was. "Hey, Anna," I greeted her with a smile as Luna walked up behind me. "One French Vanilla capuccino please."

"Same here," Luna added.

I turned and scanned the area. There were a few other people in the café, and standing near me was a guy in a bright blue beanie. From what I gathered, he was incquiring about a job. I pondered the thought for a moment. I didn't really need a job, being sixteen and not really in the need of money, thanks to my parents, but perhaps it would be fun to work at the café.

"So . . . you're hiring?" I asked simply.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back