• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever ditched your starter?

Have you ever stopped using your starter? (lolpun)

• Yes, rattata/bidoof/sentret/zigzagoon make way better starters!

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • No, I lubz mah starterz.

Votes: 61 69.3%

• Total voters

Crusher

Hell yeah, I'm sexy.
Years
  • I think I just ditched it once. Just once though..

I can't recall the pokemon I used instead of it, still, I think that I might have added some pokemon that could have been more efficient in doing the job than my starter.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    I did,When I got my new Ev'd Team from RNC...Altho I sometimes use it when I need to..but I never do..My poor Plupp..I ditched 'em.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yes, when playing Pokémon Yellow once..... I used Jolteon as my primary Electric type instead :3 It was much better, but I felt a bit bad leaving Pikachu in the PC... and empty, as nobody was following me arond!

In other games, no actually not. I feel sort of obliged to keep it on my team XD They are usually among the strongest and easiest to raise pokémon you meet in-game, so why not keep it?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Yeah, I have a lot of times. I don't really like the starters after Gen 2, so I usually just shove it in the box until it comes time to breed so I can get all 3 of them for collecting purposes.

Enilias

Successor to Hokuto Shinken
    Years
  • The Fire Starters are usually the best fire pokemon you can get your hands on, so I always keep them. (Until E4 are defeated, thats usually the point when I start using EV-trained pokes)

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    Yes I am know to ditch my starter once or twice it was in leaf green and gold they where grass types so I really did not care that when i came for them at the daycare they where lv50 but hey that just me.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • I never have ditched my starter(s) but I have migrated them to my Diamond and Pearl though so that is not really ditching them. Besides before I migrate them I breed a level 5 starter so I can migrate or trade over to future games if I get them though.:)

RegiRice

The Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2015
    Ive certainly ditched my starter, I always seem to just leave them in daycare and just keep levelling them up ( and losing money ). My worse example was when I left my treeko in the daycare for about 93 hours of gameplay and he went from like level 15 to level 100...

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
    Years
  • I always train my starters. By the time I use the to train other pokemon, they peak their level 100. I often breed them again if they have aptitude competitively, such as chimchar, so that I can get a good nature, and EV train it in a controlled environment with "Power" items.

Back