• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever gotten mistaken for the opposite gender?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    In online, I think I have several occasion where I was mistaken as a girl when just looking at my name, even though I have set my gender as a male, and sometimes I'm wondering if my username has to do with it.

It never happened in real life, though.

In online, I think I have several occasion where I was mistaken as a girl when just looking at my name, even though I have set my gender as a male, and sometimes I'm wondering if my username has to do with it.

It never happened in real life, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Well, I'm genderfluid so yes and... no? Haha. Well, people will sometimes think I'm a boy and correct themselves when they see my feminine traits. It's kind of funny.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Not in real life, but I once "gender-bended" on PC a couple years ago. What made it work was that I was TWL mod at the time and the new members thought I was actually a guy. I felt...pretty bad.

I don't think I'll be mistaken for a guy irl. I have really long eyelashes lol.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Happens more than I'd like it to online. Then again, one can be forgiven. I've always liked boyish stuff more than girlish stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2022
    Quite a lot of the time, since I have long hair to my waist. More recently I was at a dinner with a group of people, and seated between another guy and a lady with short hair. I had finished and suddenly heard the waiter go "Shall I remove your plate, Madam?" I thought he was talking to the lady next to me, then when he repeated looked round and found he was talking to me. And he didn't seem to realise his mistake either!

Back