• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Ever Just....

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Hae you ever been random enough to grab the old yellow and start it over just for fun?
    i did that, except i got the rom, since i cant just go on ebay get both GBC& yellow and have it delivered in 5 seconds lol (would be cool if i could tho right? lol)

and im loving the simplicity of it, i actually missed how simple it was back then

did yo uguys ever do something like that with the good old colour games?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Well, I was doing a Psychic Monotype Run on Yellow. And I agree, it seemed... off or something. Certainly not like the new games with all the graphics and stuff. It had one color based on what route you were on, and that was it. Plus, all the attacks involved the same basic "shapes". Tons of attacks, like tackle, confuse ray, etc. had the little star thing, some of them like psychic had the screen shaking, and there was like one shape for every element like electric was a black circle, fire was a little fire, water was either a water drop or little geyser thing (for surf and hydro pump). But yeah, I definitely liked that, and actually didn't use the speed button at all, because I was just sort of amazed at what it used to be, and how much its grown.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Yep, nothing beats the old games.
    I can still remember the times i ran around with my little Squirtle killing caterpies on Blue.

Now i'm pretty much running around with legendary pokemon killing the Elite Four on the newest games.

Oh, how time has changed.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I barely had enough money for Red/Yellow, so for me it's the only Pokemon generation. :P

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I barely had enough money for Red/Yellow, so for me it's the only Pokemon generation. :P

i barely have the money for these new gens, ive owned every main series game at one point in time ,except HG/SS& Pearl
    (im hopin to get HG or SS soon thought lol)

i miss the way yellow was,i kinda wish theyd release a HG/SS with yellow qualities lol

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
    Years
  • I restarted Yellow sometime ago, just to get the Mew from the Glitch. I got used to the new gens so much, that I felt a bit weird back in the Old Games. It was a bit nostalgic at the same time though ^^

Hybrid Theory

Who needs friends? hehe..HAHA
    Years
  • I just randomly restarted my Pokemon Yellow about a week ago. I never got to beating the third gym (yes, I fail) so I'm going to once again attempt that.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I just randomly restarted my Pokemon Yellow about a week ago. I never got to beating the third gym (yes, I fail) so I'm going to once again attempt that.

OMG i had the same problem its those damn keys when i was lil i failed at findin them lol
    but oncei got in, the dugrio i caught at lv31 would own lt.surges entire team XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2010
    I only play the old games now a days; they were masterpeices when they were first released, and still are today IMO. I've seen the newer ones and I feel that the newer pokemon don't hold the same originality.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I only play the old games now a days; they were masterpeices when they were first released, and still are today IMO. I've seen the newer ones and I feel that the newer pokemon don't hold the same originality.

a good point indeed, well said.

Years
  • thats lame, really lame, thats not even on topic.

No, he's ontopic. The question is if you ever take out your old yellow just to play for the hell of it. He said he does, but only so he can appreciate the newer ones more...that's ontopic, even though he dissaggrees with your opinion, and mine as well.

Personally, I don't like the newer gens, and I just found my red version last week, so I've been playing that when I get bored with my PS3.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    No, he's ontopic. The question is if you ever take out your old yellow just to play for the hell of it. He said he does, but only so he can appreciate the newer ones more...that's ontopic, even though he dissaggrees with your opinion, and mine as well.

Personally, I don't like the newer gens, and I just found my red version last week, so I've been playing that when I get bored with my PS3.

point taken, i apologize. mustve misread it, such a long week -_-"

i had bought an old silver durin my trip, and learned it would fit into my DS it was epic fail T^T i probably still hav it sumwhere lol

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I lo vee my pokemans. I am very attatched to Gene my mewtwo on my yellow version. Im tempted to preemptively change the battery just so i dont lose them

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • yellow was the first game i ever played, in first grade my teacher let people use it, save feature didnt work so we had copetitions of who could get the farthest in one "free time", now i have the rom of yellow, still havent played it yet but i will, yes i will

bandgeek219

Germany for World Cup!!
    Years
  • I like playing the old games just to bring back memories. There are just some things it gives me that the newer games do not.

My favorite memory is the first time I played Blue. I was really young and didn't know how to throw a pokeball, so I went through the entire game with just my Bulbasaur XD

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    lol i didnt know how to switch pokemon, or run from a battle so id always stick with my leader til it got killed :P

Silver.Nova

Golden Smile and Silver Tears
    Years
  • I restarted my Blue recently just because I like playing through games as the Pokemon Special trainers. XD

I've done it for most of my games. I also wanted to see how scary the original sprites looked. They looked more like monsters back then. I really wanna play Green for that reason as well.

Back