• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever thought of suicide ?

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
I've thought about it every once in a while. Never actually tried it, as I didn't have the guts..thank god I didn't have the guts. A close friend of mine helped me snap out of that phase..

Smeargle

Illusory
Years
I am actually horrified of death, so long story short I would never be able to go through with anything.
I'm happy with my life however, I feel that I have been put here for a reason and until I find out my reason I need to keep searching; no matter how low life can get.
When I feel upset or depressed I usually use art to get me through it.
Talking about it helps too.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Many times. However, this was before I started taking abilify. I used to be very suicidal, yet it wasn't to a point where I'd actually do it. I just thought of it because my thoughts and anxiety were so overbearing and disabling, that I literally would try to self-harm and ease the pain. I just had these thoughts where I'd want to do it because I couldn't control myself.

Once I got put on abilify, that all stopped. I did have a few attempts afterwards, but I stopped thinking about it once I listened to Simple Plan, and I was fine after that.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Everyone thinks about it from time to time. If you've hit puberty, you've thought about it. No one can say they haven't.

Them hormones mang.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
I think that suicide is the worst thing I could possibly do. Why? Because it is giving up everything. And say if you are bullied to suicide because you are stupid or something, you'd go down history as the stupid one. You can't change anything people think of you if you die. It's like telling them that they're right and that stupid people cannot live in this world. You can prove that you are smart, or pretty, or awesome when you are alive.
Seriously, don't even think about suicide. It's not cool.
If someone doesn't take the time to dig up the diamond you are, well then f*** them. They're not going to get the benefits you bring. There are other people (7 billion to be exact) you could give the gift of friendship (or more) to.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Even at some of my lowest points, I've never thought about it. If I was selfish enough to take my own life, the people's lives around me would never be the same.

Years
Last year was probably the roughest year I've ever had. I was at University, doing poorly because I was hating my program, but was staying in it only because of my parents. Didn't want to think I failed them in being a good daughter so I tried my best to do what I could, but then I started feeling a sense of hopelessness which in turn progressed further into an extreme state of depression. I was seriously contemplating just ending my life, but I would never have the guts to do anything. My counsellor told me something that is now engrained in my head, "Thoughts are only thoughts until you turn them into actions."

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nah, I know from my life and everything I've had in my life that I'm meant to be here for a reason, and ruining that would be dumb. I'm also amazingly positive to the extent where I can overcome bad thoughts pretty easily in like an hour, so nothing bad ever lasts. HOWEVER, sometimes my mindset is out of place and I'm aware of it but that isn't sad that's just like losing identity or w/e but that's solveable. ANYWAYS that's irrrelevant. I'm too positive to ever be suicidal, but there's been times where my mind has thought for me "omg I wish I was dead" but then a second later I correct it to "in another dimension where things were perfect and look like ___" because I guess the default human response is the former, but whenever things get hard I just wanna escape to another dimension for a short time. But yea, I'd never do that or try that~

Togfan

Decently-behaving Anime Girl
Years
wow well isn't this a dark topic on a pokéforum ._.

I've thought of it, I found a knife I was going to use and thought of what I'd write on a goodbye note, but eh... I realized it's not really worth it since you only got one life (and I'm too curious about the world's progression)

One thing though that bothers me is when people who suicide/have suicidal thoughts are called "selfish"--I really get offended by it, and if I had a friend or someone in my family kill them self I'd absolutely not tolerate people calling them "selfish". I look at it as disrespectful to say. People should rather think what they could do to help/have helped them, sometimes they're the ones being selfish... If anything, it's everything but selfish to suicide (not that I want to have a debate here).

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I've considered it, but never actually went through with it, or planned to go through with it to begin with. I told myself that I might think I have it bad, but it could be worse, and I was the only one to make it better.

Also you can't RP when you're dead, can you?

Years
Well I won't say I have, but there was a period of my life where I felt horribly ridiculed and that my life had virtually no meaning. It was in 2011 I think, somewhat late in the year (early fall I think). Some stuff happened, and I had felt completely alone. But I didn't go through with it, I was pretty sad at the time.

And people say suicide is cowardly, but really, it isn't. If anything, the person trying to encourage the suicide is the one who's cowardly. I'm sure most of you have heard that saying before.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Okay, I've been through another bout of depression over the past fortnight, and I just came out of it on Friday and I kind of just wanna say...

If you're reading this thread and experiencing suicidal thoughts, please. Don't do it. No matter how ****ed it gets, no matter how hopeless you feel, don't do it. I know what it's like to hit absolute rock bottom, but nothing is worth taking your own life over.

Life is ****ing beautiful.

I promise you I'm not inebriated.

Back