• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ever used the elemental monkeys?

flubbateios

I started with oshawott , I used the monkey for the gym battle and that was it I left it in my pc, they are not useful at all (to me) except panpour who makes an excellent hm pokemon , find him and all the monkeys in shaking grass in the lostlorn forest.

toptheworld

Crash Addict
    Years
    Boxed it after Burgh. It seemed rather useless, because after I got through the desert, I had a pretty decent Firetype that could beat the living snot out of Pansear.

Got my Pansear, kill'd Cilan's Pokémon and never boxed him. Instead I evolved him. Together we joined many musicals, caught lots of Pokémon, struggled at tough times and always fighting together. I traveled Unova with Simisear... I even used it at the Elite 4! Even being useless. Almost all the time.

Love you, Sear. I'll remember fondly of when you and me traveled together Unova. You'll be forever in my heart.

*sniff* lol

I'm just fond of it... Even though he looks silly and stupid.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Yes.

Seeing hate for the fire one makes me kinda sad. but that would be my liking it with Role Play and Flame Charge.

Just love Simisage. All three, or six if you like the Pan-'s, are pretty good. Shine brighter in game though. Acrobatics miasma?

Nasty Plot Hydro Pump? Yes please!

Years
    I used the one I got in the Dreamyard(in my case, Pansage) until I got a pokemon of the same type that I liked more(in my case, Maractus).

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    I picked Oshawatt and got Pansear, and after using him until I reached the Elite 4 and trying really hard to like him and keep him on my team, he's just awful. All of their movepools suck on an epic level and their stats are terrible. I never recommend using them. They're just a waste of party space and an evolution stone.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    I used both Panpour and Pansear on my runthrough, (trade), and though I admit they're not top-tier Pokemon I debated replacing them with Volcarona and Jellicent respectively, I think they're just too cute to have done it.
    Once I got the Transfer thing though, I boxed them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I tried using pansage on the first gym but it kept losing to panpour, of all things. Eventually I just had to beat it with lillipup.
    Even after it evolved it was still relatively useless, so I shoved it in the PC early on.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Them? I only used them for the first Gym. Then they were boxed away or traded away. Not much use, huh?

MMundy777

Aspiring Gym Leader
    Years
    My first play with Tepig, I tried using Pansage, but got rather frustrated with it and eventually deposited it into my box (not the biggest fan of grass types anyways) But I recently just had another playthrough with Snivy and I'm still using Simipour. (I even put Serperior away) When I got my stone of choice in Castelia City, I was becoming frustrated with Panpour, but it then learned Scald. Curious, I looked up Panpours moveset and found that evolving was the best option. A rash Simipour at 40 rolls a 95/60/105/55/95 stat page. And with a moveset of Bite/Acrobatics/Surf/Work Up...I can honestly say I'm satisfied.

Back