• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ever used the elemental monkeys?

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
    As the title says, did you? I didn't, except for Striaton city gym (just to take off a bit of Pansear's (Snivy restart) and Panpour's HP), but I used them as HM slaves with Strength, Flash and Cut. I never found a use for Flash in this game though...

Years
    I picked Oshawott for my starter, so I got Pansear. Like you said, that early in the game he was really only useful for the gym battle then he got banked. There are much better pokes just a bit further in the game that beat the monkeys hands down, Darumaka for instance.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    i used it for the first gym and then boxed it

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
    Years
    I used Pansear at the first Gym and kept it on my team until it hit level 29, but I was so underwhelmed with him that I boxed him. Poor Ember's mostly used for breeding now.

Katja

Years
    Only used it for the first gym. I don't really like monkeys and they are annoying looking. D:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I used the Fire type one once with a Nasty Plot set, iirc. Never again. It's just really not very good at that job, or any job for that matter.

They do help a lot in the first couple of gyms, though, so there is a decent application for them in that way I guess. Wouldn't bother evolving in most cases.

Years
    I wanna say I didn't just use one to beat the first gym so I can have a unique response, but I only used one to beat the first gym and then stuffed 'im in the basement.

The monkeys don't really appeal to me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Since I chose a water-type starter, I got a Pansear. To be honest I loved this Pokemon. It was pretty useful for my team, especially that I do lack fire-types in most of my teams. lol

Years
    I had Tepig as my starter so ended up with Pansage, no one told me that once you used a Leaf stone on it, it wouldn't learn anymore moves though :/ so i ended up boxing it after the city where you get the stones for them.

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
    Years
    I don't really like them but my Pansage/Simisage has been useful. I used it in my team to defeat the elite four, but it's only other use is for cut and flash.

Back