• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everybody needs good neighbours

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I feel extremely safe, considering my neighbor is a police officer. And that I live in a nice subdivision. The ironic part about the police neighbor is that before he moved in, there was a family with a thuggish kid who smoked pot all day and blasted rap music.

How is that ironic? Irony is the opposite of what you expect to happen; there's no reason to expect that a police officer wouldn't move in after a "thuggish" kid lived there.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • The neighbour on my left killed our dog two days after we moved in back in 2009, so we've always had a thing against him. His wife and son moved out over the course of the years and now he's in the process of moving home, so that's finally a breath of fresh air! My neighbour on the left has always helped us out when we've needed things and vice versa, and every other neighbour I could care less about and the feeling is mutual.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • Back home, it's not really customary to talk to your neighbours unless you already know them, so I don't really... even know who they are? I dunno, the whole "knock on the door to introduce yourself" would be considered creepy as ♥♥♥♥ there, so nobody does it.

Back in my childhood home though, my neighbours sucked. To cut a long story short, among them were a violent couple beating each other to hospital all the time, a junkie who never cleaned, a pyromaniac who eventually burned the place, old people who kept dying, drunkards who pissed in the elevators and gang members whose fault it was that the hallways were often bloodied. Funtimes.

Also, there were creepy twin girls who I'm sure were actually robots and planned world destruction. They had the most soulless eyes I have ever seen in my life, and they would just pop up randomly out of nowhere and stare at you, wordless, until you were out of their line of sight. I swear, those girls came straight out of a horror movie of some sort. They could've made big money as movie stars.

Right now I'm living in a dorm, so I know a bunch of my neighbours, yeah. They're pretty cool, even if they have ♥♥♥♥♥♥ taste in music and don't know how to flush the common toilets.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The neighbour on my left killed our dog two days after we moved in back in 2009, so we've always had a thing against him.

That's terrible! How could he do such a thing to a defenseless animal? ;-; I'd have something against him for the rest of my life if I were you.

Speaking of bad neighbours, my dad becomes angry whenever the Vietnamese neighbour across the street parks their cars on our side of the road >>;; I mean, I know it's ridiculous to have 4 cars within our family, but we're still only taking up one spot on the road for ourselves, and it's the one right outside our lawn. Yeah, my parents become frustrated when that happens DX

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • My neighbors on one side are this old couple who are very nice and even let my daughter play in their yard.
    The other side are this selfish family who let their children shout at the top of their voices from 4pm-11pm on weekdays and 9am-12am on weekends/ vacation days.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • That's terrible! How could he do such a thing to a defenseless animal? ;-; I'd have something against him for the rest of my life if I were you.
    Oh, we have. He and his wife tried to get us to take two dogs off their hands one time and we pretty much shut the door in their face. He always waves to us if one of us drives/walks by though, which just feels spiteful. Or maybe we're the spiteful ones.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    All of my neighbors are old! My family used to live in an apartment lot of the neighbors were younger, and loud all the time. I would wake up to "Radioactive" at least 3 times a week because someone would be blaring it on their radio. I mean it sucked, but there was always something going on at least. Then last year we moved to a nice house, in a nice neighborhood and all of the neighbors are older, like grandparents old. Tbh I like my new neighborhood better, everything is peaceful and I can sit outside on the patio and just relax most of the time. I do have one friend that lives close and we hang out quite a bit, we actually went to King's Island the other day. I have another friend in the neighborhood as well, we smoke hookah together sometimes. I like the neighborhood and my neighbors on the right and left side of my house are both respectful.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    My neighbours right now are so-so. . . The people next door to us are foreign so sometimes they do weird stuff like try to roast lamb outdoors (we had to call the fire department on them for that. . . it made OUR smoke alarms go off) or steal our aluminum cans set out for recycling or steal the stuff we set out at the curb to be trashed and then they try to sell it in a garage sale. . . They haven't done any of that for a while though. I guess they figured out it wasn't ok to do that stuff :I
    There used to be this super nice family with two little kids but they moved away a year or two ago to get a bigger house. I babysit for them at their new house every once in a while, our families still get along well (:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I've lived next to our neighbors for three years and I haven't spoken a single word to them or met them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    We don't have much neighbors here in our subdivision, only one house in our front since the two beside us are empty. Lovely family I must say. We share with each other during holidays and birthdays!

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Not well at all. My current neighbor accused me of ripping the head off her scarecrow she had in her front yard and throwing it through their window. She called the police and told them that I was "threatening her life" with such actions and told them that she caught me on camera... I was doing a training course in Virginia when that happened. ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥.

Years
  • The people in the house right next to me, I would visit them on occasion when I was much younger, and I got along with them well enough. But another house to our near was one that we knew even better and would visit fairly often when we were little.

I don't go to either house anymore, but I had some nice times. I even remember when their dog would get in our yard.

Years
  • My neighbors are pretty chill, and we get along well. The one to my left is an old married couple with two daughters leading lives out of state, and they look after the house when my family goes on trips. On my right, there's a young couple with a daughter in eighth grade, and her dad rides a motorcycle that he loves to make a lot of noise with, which naturally can get pretty aggravating, but that's the only gripe I have about them! n__n

Years
  • I get along great with my neighbors.

The lady on the left side is mexican and only speaks spanish but she is super nice & sweet.

The lady on my right is super nice and I always talk to her now since she seperated from her girlfriend of 19 years not that long ago so I like to give her company.

The man across the street is the kindest, most happiest old guy around & I love him as a neighbor.

The lady and her husband north west of me unfortunately passed away just a few months apart.

The family north east of me are annoying. I legit see different cars with different people come by everyday & they make so much noise. They also don't allow their daughter inside during the day which is weird.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I live in a townhouse, so I have a lot of neighbours since the neighbourhood is essentially a bunch of houses clustered together.

The family across from my balcony is extremely loud. When their kids play outside it sounds like someone is being murdered. I am not exaggerating, the shrieking and screaming is bloodcurdling, I'd have called the cops if I couldn't see them just riding their bikes up and down the street and doing other normal kid things that shouldn't elicit such awful noises. And it's not just the kids, when those balcony doors are open I can't tell if they're having a fight or just having dinner.

A little further down is a nice old lady with a little white dog named Lucas. Lucas is quite taken with my dog, always whines to come out and play with us when he sees us walking by. I like them just fine.

And another woman in the complex walks her Schnauzer with us sometimes, I like her and her family too. Got us little Christmas gifts and biscuits for my dog last December.

I really only interact with the people that have dogs, other people only leave the house to get their mail or car. I have never, ever seen my next door neighbours, but I know they exist because I see their cars.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My neighbors are mixed. Recently, there's been a lot of turnover on the street, so I don't know most of them too well. However, we were great friends with some of our old neighbors (their kids used to babysit for me when I was little, and we're still get together regularly even though they moved a few years ago), while other neighbors drove us nuts (yappy dogs barking all night long, etc.).

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • we literally do not interact with our neighbors

though the neighbors to our left are some loud ass neighbors with like 9 kids and marital problems so its kind of fun to just open the window and listen to them scream at each other

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • The only neighbors my family interacts with are the ones next door: a pretty nice elderly couple. The man is even the former director for the school board my school's a part of. So I can corrupt le system But the rest of my neighborhood... well, I guess you could say my family's sort of 'alienated' from them. I don't think we really give a **** about one another's existence. That's mainly because of an incident a few years back caused by myself. Really stupid, won't go into detail, but basically I ended up insulting all the neighborhood kiddies so I guess their parents didn't want anything to do with mine. lol.

Years
  • I'm too shy to introduce myself to my neighbours, so it will be interesting to see when we finally meet each other (if ever). I don't think the one's next door are interested in meeting us because my husband noted once that he went outside and they were outside and immediately went back inside. Oh well.

My husband met one of the neighbours on the back of our property when he attracted their attention with a massive bonfire one night.

Back