• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evil Team Speculations

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm still hoping they'll throw a curve ball or something.

Like have a team with a lot of bad publicity and you join a task force dedicated to taking down the "evil" team and then it turns out they're more like balance keepers trying to keep the legendaries in check and in actuality it's the leader of the task force you joined that wants to take control of the legendary Pokemon.

I don't think something like that is completely outside the scope of a Pokemon game...

I'm in the mood for some betrayal and drama. :P

This next suggestion is going to be REALLY out there but...what if instead of an large scale evil team we had a smaller elite group of trainers up to no good? and they'd just hire common thugs to cause distractions whenever they wanted to do something.

It would be kind of like an evil team, except with more "admins" and the "grunts" wouldn't really be grunts, just hired thugs.

Jeischita_Homaji

Resident of the Acalia Region
    Years
  • Didn't Team Magma and Team Aqua had a similar goal? Yes, they were trying to expand the land/sea but in order they revived Groundon and Kyogre and had a huge amount of respect for Groundon/Kyogre.

For the most part neither of those teams had any cultish practices. I'm talking full on creeps in Sun or Moon themed robes/hoods popping out and trying to steal your Pokemon to use their energy in the ressurection ritual.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm still hoping they'll throw a curve ball or something.

Like have a team with a lot of bad publicity and you join a task force dedicated to taking down the "evil" team and then it turns out they're more like balance keepers trying to keep the legendaries in check and in actuality it's the leader of the task force you joined that wants to take control of the legendary Pokemon.

I don't think something like that is completely outside the scope of a Pokemon game...

This next suggestion is going to be REALLY out there but...what if instead of an large scale evil team we had a smaller elite group of trainers up to no good? and they'd just hire common thugs to cause distractions whenever they wanted to do something.

It would be kind of like an evil team, except with more "admins" and the "grunts" wouldn't really be grunts, just hired thugs.
    That'll be kind of cool. I like it. Or maybe both could have sinister goals. Like we defeat the evil leader before they summon the legend, but the person we were working for steps forth and takes them for him/herself.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years

I like the sound of this one. I've also seen the suggestion thrown around of having your rival join the evil team for whatever reason, maybe they're convinced that they're doing good when in reality they're not.

I'd like to see them pull a Colosseum on us and surprise us on who the Big Bad is. In Colosseum, the head of Cipher, Evice, had gone under the alias of Es Cade and was the mayor of Phenac City.

Or better yet... since they introduced us to battles in space:

latest

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2017
    I think it'll probably be something along the lines of Team Eclipse (XD, a YouTube channel already!) who are trying to permanently block the sun. Why? Who knows, do these villains ever have a good reason?

Years
  • I think it'll probably be something along the lines of Team Eclipse (XD, a YouTube channel already!) who are trying to permanently block the sun. Why? Who knows, do these villains ever have a good reason?

In fiction Eclipses have been associated with magic. Perhaps the evil team will use something mentioned in the Sinnoh myths, Humans and Pokemon were once one, in order words humans were likely a kind of Pokemon. So the evil team might try to give everyone mythical powers.

Years
  • I think it'll probably be something along the lines of Team Eclipse (XD, a YouTube channel already!) who are trying to permanently block the sun. Why? Who knows, do these villains ever have a good reason?

I have a feeling the name will be not what I expected, but I could definitely see their goal being to cause eternal day (Sun) or eternal night (Moon), mostly agreeing with a theory video posted by Pokemon YouTuber CandyEvie.

Years
  • I think the evil team might desire infinite Energy. Perhaps the Sun and Moon legends are tied to it. Or maybe they are against such energy, having heard what it caused in Kalos and in Hoenn. So the eclipse could drain the world temporarily of the energy, with the evil team trying to permanently get rid of it. It could make Megas and Primal unusable until we stop it, or until post game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Just a note of my wish list for evil teams: I wish they would stop using the region's version of zubat or ekans or grimer or what have you. I know they're grunts, so they're not supposed to have high-level pokes right off the bat but...you gotta be kidding me...

This is something I completely agree with. It's fine at first but when it gets to the higher levels of the game, it would be nice to see them using a wider variety of Pokemon (and types) that actually match the challenge level of their point in the game. X/Y grunts mainly used a combination of only 3 Pokemon which becomes ridiculously repetitive later in the game.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think it'll probably be something along the lines of Team Eclipse (XD, a YouTube channel already!) who are trying to permanently block the sun. Why? Who knows, do these villains ever have a good reason?

Do you consider "freeing all the Pokémon will allow them to reach their full potential, as their growth is stunted by mindlessly obeying any random Trainer" a good reason? If so, then yes, villainous teams have had good reasons for their deeds before. It's not often that they do, but it has happened before.

Years
  • Do you consider "freeing all the Pokémon will allow them to reach their full potential, as their growth is stunted by mindlessly obeying any random Trainer" a good reason? If so, then yes, villainous teams have had good reasons for their deeds before. It's not often that they do, but it has happened before.

Yeah, N might have had the best excuse.

Their reasons for doing so are

Giovanni- Taking over the world
    Archer- Getting Giovanni to be motivated to return to lead their team and resume their plan to take over the world.
    Maxie- Increase the land area for the purposes of human development (mentioned in RE, but emphasized some more in Or) and for land Pokemon.
    Archie- Increase the sea level to bring the world into a 'primal' state where humans are reduced (more implied in As than anything) and for sea Pokemon.
    Cyrus- He is hinted at having negligent parents, if not abusive parents. He spent more time with machines, thus he didn't develop emotionally like most people do. Seeing others act the way they did probably caused them to think that they were beneath him, or thought that their spirit was something that held them back. He seemed to have hated his own emotions. I sensed that Cyrus was trying to repress something. Either way he sought to erase spirit and recreate the universe from scratch rather than to take it over, increase the land for people, increase the sea to wipe out humans, free Pokemon, or to destroy most life on earth. Cyrus' plan has been the biggest one in the scale of thing. Sure Lysander planned genocide of multiple species at a global level, Cyrus was going to wipe all life and all things in the Universe but himself!

N- you already mentioned it. The cause is that he was raised alongside Pokemon, and (I forget if this was in the games, or only in Pokemon Special) he spent time with injured Pokemon, most likely injured by humans. Thus he grew to resent humans for hurting his friends, failing to see the positive aspects of trainers.

Ghetsis- Same as Giovanni

Corless- For Science!

Lysander- similar to N and Cyrus in some ways. He saw that humans were doing bad stuff to the world, so he saw it fit for him to save it, by first destroying most living creatures on it.

Years
  • Just a note of my wish list for evil teams: I wish they would stop using the region's version of zubat or ekans or grimer or what have you. I know they're grunts, so they're not supposed to have high-level pokes right off the bat but...you gotta be kidding me...

I forgot all about this, it does get boring that the grunts seem to only use Poison and Dark-types, and given Zubat is in pretty much every regional Dex (sans B/W Unova) it does get boring seeing Zubat used so repetitively. Maybe when we learn more about the team(s) we can get an idea as to what additional types they could use.

However Team Flare was definitely misleading with a lot of speculation Fire would be their specialty but it turned out they barely used any Fire-types apart from Houndour, and they also used the Electric-type Electrike due to it and Houndour being version exclusives in X/Y.

I recall Team Galactic sometimes used the Wurmple line which was a nice change, along with DP's resident exclusives Glameow and Stunky. Team Magma and Aqua did have some variation, using stuff like Numel and Carvanha, both of whose evolutions got Mega treatment as of OR/AS.

Years
  • I hope they will do something new. like something darker...maybe there will be a team pushed by the losses of the pokemon ..they try to obtain the power of the moon/sun to revive the already gone pokemon... and the experiment goes wrong.... than the two new legends could be something like keeper of the living and dead?

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ
    Years

I quite love this idea! It reminds me of the double-crossing of Team Cipher against Team Snagem in Colosseum/XD, which I thought was actually done rather well. Two overlooked evil teams. Our trust was put into Es Cade/Evice and Mr. Verich/Greevil, only for them both to be revealed as fraudulent, and even "stabbing" one another in the back. I'd love for two teams to appear in Alola, and mimic this in many ways, with a different ultimate goal, naturally.

Imagine if the evil team has a Space Station.

This would be so great. Floating above Alola incognito á la Plasma Frigate, but amped to 100.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think there is an extremely, and I really mean extreme, slight chance that Team Rocket may return. Team Galactic may also have a slight chance to return.

However, I think it is possible for there to be 2 teams, but we said that for Kalos as well. Imagine if Team Rocket and Team Galactic both return and there is a new team.

But as most people have said, the best choices are Team Eclipse, Team Solar, and Team Lunar. When I think of the Sun and Moon, I think balance. So I am not 100% sure what the team would do. I mean Eternal Night/Day isn't that bad. Ok maybe it is, but not as bad as the last ones. I mean Galactic wanted to destroy the world. Team Plasma, although had good intention, they turned evil in the BW2 and started acting more evil, and then Getisis tried to kill us in BW2. Team Flare wanted to kill everyone to have a 'Perfect Region/World'.

I just don't see it being as calm as Eternal Night/Day, unless they want to destroy the moon and sun. In which case could cause massive problems.

Last edited:
    Years
  • But as most people have said, the best choice are Team Eclipse, Team Solar, and Team Lunar. When I think of the Sun and Moon, I think balance. So I am not 100% sure what the team would do. I mean Eternal Night/Day is really that bad. Ok maybe it is, but not as bad as the last ones. I mean Galactic wanted to destroy the world, Team Plasma, although had good intention, they turned evil in the 2nd, and then tried to Getisis tried to kill us in BW2. And the Team Flare wanted to kill everyone to have a 'Perfect Region/World'.

I just don't see it being as calm as Eternal Night/Day, unless they want to destroy the moon and sun. In which case could cause massive problems.

I remember this fanmade Pokemon game called Solar Light & Lunar Dark, and it had some themes pointing to the sun and moon so it is interesting we're now getting a similar theme actually made into a main series Pokemon title. Eternal day/night is what some theorists are bringing up, but your idea of the villains attempting to destroy the sun/moon definitely gives off more of a villainous image. Attempting to destroy it could be what summons the legendary and it calls upon the protagonist to bond with it, likely making for another "forced capture" mascot like Reshiram/Zekrom and Xerneas/Yveltal before it.

Also, you know how in the movie Despicable Me (the movie famous for those small yellow "minions"), the film's main character actually wanted to steal the moon. Not that I'd see an idea like that happen in this game but it would crack me up if it were to be a thing.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I quite love this idea! It reminds me of the double-crossing of Team Cipher against Team Snagem in Colosseum/XD, which I thought was actually done rather well. Two overlooked evil teams. Our trust was put into Es Cade/Evice and Mr. Verich/Greevil, only for them both to be revealed as fraudulent, and even "stabbing" one another in the back. I'd love for two teams to appear in Alola, and mimic this in many ways, with a different ultimate goal, naturally.

The thing I liked about Es Cade/Evice was that for most of the game, there was nothing about him that would lead you to suspect he had any ties with Cipher. The only thing during the entire game was when you first meet Nascour leaving Es Cade's house and Miror B still inside the house. But even that hint was pretty subtle in itself, in that could be seen as them terrorizing Es Cade in his own home.

@IcyIce: I'm not really sure about the whole team, but I do think there is a very, VERY slight possibility of Cyrus making a return sometime in the future other than DP remakes. In DP and in especially Platinum, he threatens the player that he won't give up his plans, and he seems pretty serious about it too. Quote from DP and Platinum respectively:

"What is truly ultimate to you? What do you consider perfection? The most important thing... What shines the brightest... Telling you is meaningless. But I will not give up. I will become a deity one day... And I will make the ultimate mine..."

"We will never see eye to eye. This, I promise you. I will break the secrets of the world. With that knowledge, I will create my own complete and perfect world. One day, you will awaken to a world of my creation. A world without spirit."

The last quote is from Platinum, and it's more threatening. Also IIRC, Platinum is considered the canon version because of Cynthia referencing "the trainer who defeated Giratina in the Distortion World" in both Black and White versions.

Years
  • Lots of suggestions about Team Evil trying to harness the power of the sun and/or moon. What if instead they are trying to stop other people from harnessing that power and insisting that people have to buy power only from them? They could be a corrupt corporation, like a Silph Co. taken over by Team Rocket.

Back